Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Forgive me here but i am somewhat confused. You say the supplier was suppose to balance the DS . Who was the supplier? mine came from Ford directly and installed by me dealer. Good to hear everything went well for you as well, i had a great experience and since i work in the trade i had some trepidation since we are a small city and people who we interact with dont like going back to our local Ford dealer. I have no complaints though the last service writer i dealt with was a dick, all the rest were great.
Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I'm not sure, that's what I was told. The part did come from Ford, they do have outside out part manufacturers, or they were referring to supply chain? An expression? At any rate, it was supposed to have been delivered balanced. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this link https://www.mustang6g.com/mustangwiki/doku.php , there are a lot of suppliers, don't know specifics. Bottom line, car was repaired by Ford with Ford parts wherever they started. Hope your repair was successful! Good luck with it, they are really fun cars.

Last edited:

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Oh yeah mine went great, smooth as butter. They are a great car ,shame they come with such crappy tires. This is the Firestone gate all over again lol. I bought my car used but they had put new tires on it, Pirelli pzero and they are fine until the temp drops ,not ideal for where i live. The temp here through september through october is well below whats safe for these tires.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Oh yeah mine went great, smooth as butter. They are a great car ,shame they come with such crappy tires. This is the Firestone gate all over again lol. I bought my car used but they had put new tires on it, Pirelli pzero and they are fine until the temp drops ,not ideal for where i live. The temp here through september through october is well below whats safe for these tires.
Glad to hear it came out ok. I remember Firestone gate, with Explorers? Yes, I hear people have a love/hate thing with the Pirellis. You almost have to have a cold weather set. Mine came with (optional) W rated 18 in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Seasons, seem to work quite well. But the coldest I deal with is maybe 30 F., not the extreme you have

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I just spent the past several hours trying the hose clamp method, but was not able to make this work. Everything was worse than it was. I'm thinking my vibration is small enough that the hose clamp weight is more than is needed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Just some ideas here . Remove the wheels and put some nuts on to hold the rotors on and squeeze back the calipers. This should confirm if its wheels or driveline since the shaft angle doesnt change on an irs setup . Go online and get an app for your phone to read the vibrations then try using a hose clamp. Moving them up or down the shaft should change their effect on the balance. Also dont make wholesale changes just slight variation in position.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I put the hose clamp near the differential and clocked it about 30 degrees each time I moved it. The wheels and tires are fine, they were checked and fixed by the dealer. I'm feeling the typical rumble on my seat that says it's the differential.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I put the hose clamp near the differential and clocked it about 30 degrees each time I moved it. The wheels and tires are fine, they were checked and fixed by the dealer. I'm feeling the typical rumble on my seat that says it's the differential.
How much back lash do you have in the differential? If it's excessive you can get noise and rumbles from the differential.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
My back lash didn't "clunk" like this when I was rotating the wheels and driveshaft to move the hose clamp.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Attached is Ford’s Procedures for diagnosing NVH:

Attachments

Sponsored

grey_horseplay3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang V6 manual
Here's how I got rid of my driveline vibration.....Drove my car to Subaru and traded it for a new WRX. Life's too short to keep going through this bs. Been smiles per mile ever since.

2017 V6 manual w/ 3.55 diff - bought from new. Had my driveshaft replaced 3 times, tires road forced balanced. Every time the vibration would come back within a few days. Eventually the Ford Dealer tried to tell me it was a characteristic of the car when they couldn't fix it. The last time I brought it back to them the service advisor said "you can't just bring it in when you feel a small vibration." The work order confirmed the DS was still out of balance.

Was going to try installing Steeda suspension parts...but honestly...we shouldn't have to go out of pocket to fix a driveline vibration issue on a brand new car. I'm truly happy for the small % of owners who managed to fix their issue.

Still a fan of mustangs but so disappointed in Ford's handling of a known issue.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford’s tire NVH diagnostics and tire balance procedures:
(Attaching the docs purely for reference for those interested. Let it be known the driveline vibe is 99% of the time NOT tire related. Ford has their Service Centers always perform the tire balance dance not once, but multiple times. Customers have been told it’s tire related, however it’s NOT in 99% of the cases).

Attachments

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just spent the past several hours trying the hose clamp method, but was not able to make this work. Everything was worse than it was. I'm thinking my vibration is small enough that the hose clamp weight is more than is needed.
Did you use one hose clamp or two? One hose clamp may in fact be too much weight. By adding a second hose clamp, they can be spread apart to effectively cancel (balance) each other out. If the two hose clamps are 180 degrees apart, it is like having no hose clamps at all. If they were say 170 degrees apart, it would be like having a fraction of one hose clamp in place.
As per my much earlier post (with pics), I used one hose clamp, adjusted it to the best position for the lowest amount of vibration, then added a second hose clamp and fine tuned it to make it near perfect. In my case one hose clamp would have been too much, but with two clamps, spread quite far apart, it came into balance.
Sponsored