Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just buy the springs and shocks and get the gt350 frpp sway bars. You don't need the lock couplers.
Sponsored

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
I daily drive the FP Track kit on the streets of Manhattan and have done 12 track days so far with the car. The kit performs very well on track, it is liveable on the street but does get harsh over multiple bumps. The sway bars make a huge difference in track performance. Worth the cost.
Steve
I used to live in NYC(15th street) ,nothing like blasting your car in the mid town tunnel for sound effects lol

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
If anyone has this package on their car in West Central or North Central Florida, I would gladly come to your location and buy you some fuel for a short ride along.
I would really like to feel the firmness before dropping coin.
Thanks
Lester

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
I have to assume that this Ford Track Pack kit, may be nearly equivalent to a PP2 package, with proper tires? Am I wrong?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm interested in knowing this as well. I regret not getting the PP2 because when i ordered it wasn't available. I upgraded my suspension to the FP track kit and I'm happy with it so far, corners fantastic and very very comfortable on the street on the PP1 wheels. I will be doing a 305 square setup next year and see how it performs on the track

Sponsored

keeph8n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I don't know that the Track Pack would be even close in comparison to the PP2 setup because of the Magnaride struts.

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
does this kit add any noise to the ride, I am replacing some eibach coilovers with the FRTP because the Eibach's make so much creeking noises, plus I'm sure this is a better setup for the track anyway.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
does this kit add any noise to the ride, I am replacing some eibach coilovers with the FRTP because the Eibach's make so much creeking noises, plus I'm sure this is a better setup for the track anyway.
Doesn't add any noise at all, it was the same as before, very quiet and comfortable. Rides great !

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
To get it to the recommenced -1.5 camber specs for this kit was an aftermarket camber arm needed. I see that Steeda makes one.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't know that the Track Pack would be even close in comparison to the PP2 setup because of the Magnaride struts.
I would think the Track Pack is superior to the Magneride dampers. The general consensus seems to be the Magneride is not at its best on the track. I think the Magneride is more for compliance/ride quality. The monotube dampers in the Track Pack are tough to beat - and usable with a variety of spring choices.

Sponsored

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
did you all use the fastener pack when you installed it

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I used to live in NYC(15th street) ,nothing like blasting your car in the mid town tunnel for sound effects lol
I used to love to visit NYC in my M3 with a Dinan cat-less exhaust. 6th Avenue at 8000 rpm dodging hacks can leave a lasting impression. The sound echos off the buildings.
But back to the subject at hand. BMW's Electronic Damper Control (EDC) also was geared more to a good ride than to all out track performance. Many people preferred conventional suspension to the electronic for track days.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
I'll put in another vote for the track pack. Installed it last week on my Eco Premium and it's a night-and-day difference. Brake dive, launch squat and body roll are hugely reduced. The car is flat through corners.

The worst thing for me was that once you got up over about 85 mph the car started to feel really floaty. It was a super loose, unsettled feeling that got worse the faster you went. After the track pack, that's completely gone. The car just feels planted and stable as fast as it's capable of going.

I drive it daily, and I would say the suspension is noticeably firmer, but not what I would call 'stiff'. i.e. it's not harsh. I don't really find it any less comfortable than the stock setup. The stock suspension was definitely more toward 'plush', which results in the noticeable handling deficits already discussed.

I managed to pick up the kit at a pretty good discount from another member here who decided not to install it. Honestly, for the price I can't see how you're gonna get a better result. Buy some of those sway-bar locks for 20 bucks while you're at it and call it a day.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I'll put in another vote for the track pack. Installed it last week on my Eco Premium and it's a night-and-day difference. Brake dive, launch squat and body roll are hugely reduced. The car is flat through corners.

The worst thing for me was that once you got up over about 85 mph the car started to feel really floaty. It was a super loose, unsettled feeling that got worse the faster you went. After the track pack, that's completely gone. The car just feels planted and stable as fast as it's capable of going.

I drive it daily, and I would say the suspension is noticeably firmer, but not what I would call 'stiff'. i.e. it's not harsh. I don't really find it any less comfortable than the stock setup. The stock suspension was definitely more toward 'plush', which results in the noticeable handling deficits already discussed.

I managed to pick up the kit at a pretty good discount from another member here who decided not to install it. Honestly, for the price I can't see how you're gonna get a better result. Buy some of those sway-bar locks for 20 bucks while you're at it and call it a day.
100% agree. Never used sway bar locks though. I paid retail and still think its harder to find a better setup for the price.
Sponsored