Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
Back in the day the Ford Contour sway bars would move and cause rubbing/noises. We used to just install a hose clamp on the outside of the bushing to keep it from moving. $2 investment.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
What do I recommend for this price range? Here is a package for "similar" cost that I would recommend. No BMR parts either.

Steeda Pro-Action Dampers $480 (retail)
Eibach Pro Plus Springs AND Sway Bars $609 (retail)
FRPP Toe Knuckle Bearing $70 (retail)

This kit gives you dampers that are likely as good or better than the Track Dampers....sway bars with more adjustability and stops on both F/R and the same toe-knuckle bearing kit. The Steeda dampers are also backed by a lifetime warranty.

This kit would also come with the Eibach Pro Kit, which is a Linear design with very effective rates. I would use those over most any other springs any day of the week.

The downfall is that the parts need assembled. In that case, the FP kit has the advantage.
This setup is wholly unnecessary, performs no better than the FRPP track pack, and does not come pre-assembled which dramatically increases labor time and costs. The FRPP track pack is a high-performing and affordable suspension package with several parts all designed and tuned to work together as a single unit. There is no need to purchase products from multiple sources to achieve the same or lesser result.

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium
So does anyone know what limits the Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Track is on wheel offsets and tire sizes for no rubbing issues when lowered? I am thinking about getting some light weight 19x8.5 35mm or 45mm front and 19x9.5 40mm rear.. Tires would be 255/40-19 front and 275/40-19 rear

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
So does anyone know what limits the Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Track is on wheel offsets and tire sizes for no rubbing issues when lowered? I am thinking about getting some light weight 19x8.5 35mm or 45mm front and 19x9.5 40mm rear.. Tires would be 255/40-19 front and 275/40-19 rear
You have no issues there Ron.
I run 305/660-18 Continentals or 295/40-18 Hoosier R7s on 18 x 10 ET 43 wheels. Front I run a 15 mm spacer but can run as little as 5mm to clear struts and 15" Performance Pack Brembos.
Gonna try 315/30-18 R1S on 18x10.5 Ford Racing BBS wheels next.
Steve

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium
You have no issues there Ron.
I run 305/660-18 Continentals or 295/40-18 Hoosier R7s on 18 x 10 ET 43 wheels. Front I run a 15 mm spacer but can run as little as 5mm to clear struts and 15" Performance Pack Brembos.
Gonna try 315/30-18 R1S on 18x10.5 Ford Racing BBS wheels next.
Steve

OK so the 15" 6 piston Brembos will fit the 18" stock wheels?

Sponsored

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Anyone upgraded to track pack from PP? Is the ride noticeably stiffer as a DD? I would like to lower my car just not sure if I should just get the FRPP street lowering springs or the frpp track pack.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Anyone upgraded to track pack from PP? Is the ride noticeably stiffer as a DD? I would like to lower my car just not sure if I should just get the FRPP street lowering springs or the frpp track pack.
I've been reading from PP owners that the ride really doesn't change much, which is why I'm interested in this suspension setup as well.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
What do I recommend for this price range? Here is a package for "similar" cost that I would recommend. No BMR parts either.

Steeda Pro-Action Dampers $480 (retail)
Eibach Pro Plus Springs AND Sway Bars $609 (retail)
FRPP Toe Knuckle Bearing $70 (retail)

This kit gives you dampers that are likely as good or better than the Track Dampers....sway bars with more adjustability and stops on both F/R and the same toe-knuckle bearing kit. The Steeda dampers are also backed by a lifetime warranty.

This kit would also come with the Eibach Pro Kit, which is a Linear design with very effective rates. I would use those over most any other springs any day of the week.

The downfall is that the parts need assembled. In that case, the FP kit has the advantage.
Where is the full steeda kit for $480? It's 900 on their site.

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
OK so the 15" 6 piston Brembos will fit the 18" stock wheels?
No sorry to confuse you. I run Team Dynamics 18 x 10" ET 43 offset. with a 8-13mm spacer on the front depending on the tire size. Ford Racing 18" BBS wheels also clear, HRE make a nice 18 x 10.5" wheel that clears too. Forgestar CF5 18's work too.
Steve

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
No sorry to confuse you. I run Team Dynamics 18 x 10" ET 43 offset. with a 8-13mm spacer on the front depending on the tire size. Ford Racing 18" BBS wheels also clear, HRE make a nice 18 x 10.5" wheel that clears too. Forgestar CF5 18's work too.
Steve
Apex 18 EC-7 18xYY also clear.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda stop the hop kit on my car so there are two parts on here I don't need. Without info on the springs (their progressive but that is all I can find), it's hard for me to get this.

On the opposite side, after consideration, I wonder if I really will use an adjustable suspension other than dial it where I want it and walk away. What I can say is I do need something because I am not fan of the non-PP suspension.

Pros:
  • The springs are installed
  • Found these super cheap for a complete kit. Even adding sway bar locks keeps the price down.
  • More than one review have stated that this is hands down better than non-PP suspension.

Cons:
  • Need to add the front say bar lock to keep from moving around. I believe this is use dependant and I'll likely need them.
  • Not a huge fan of progressive springs. For me, you are trading comfort for a small amount of slop. I am of the mind of getting the stiffest linear springs you can live with and add good dampers. Spring specs would help here.
  • Paying for extra parts I already have. Doubt I will be able to resell them.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I've been reading from PP owners that the ride really doesn't change much, which is why I'm interested in this suspension setup as well.
It makes a huge difference (on the GT anyway). It handles a bit more like a sports car than a Fusion now! The rear bounce is much reduced, and significantly less roll in corners. This is a high value package that does DD and track duty without much compromise in either, with a smooth solid ride on roads, and much tighter handling in corners.

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
Are any additional parts required for installation on a baseline GT?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Are any additional parts required for installation on a baseline GT?
The kit comes with everything. The only additional part that i purchased was front sway bar locks as referenced in post #42.

The shop where i got it installed reused the factory hardware, i.e. bolts and nuts but you might consider getting the fastener kit M-FR3-FASTENA since Ford says they need to be replaced when you're upgrading to this kit

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3-FASTENA
Sponsored