Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I think, for progressive springs, they hit a homerun.

As for the complete kit, I am just not a fan.

The kit comes with Toe Links that are already on most cars from the factory.

The front sway bars do not have retaining rings / stops. Why they do this, I am not sure, but I have had 2 customers already who had the sway bar shift and make contact with other components under the car. The OEM bars, and every other aftermarket bar has these "stops"...so I have no earthly idea why they chose to do that.

I like the springs, the toe-knuckle bearing, and the fact it comes ready to install - but knowing it comes with parts that you may already have on the car, and the fact the front bar will shift laterally...I have a hard time recommending it.
As far as it coming with parts you may already have on the car, that only applies if you have the PP and are installing the street handling pack. Everything is the same on the PP besides the springs in the street pack. The track pack is an entirely different package. Nothing from the PP carries over to the track pack.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shushunmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

The front sway bars do not have retaining rings / stops. Why they do this, I am not sure, but I have had 2 customers already who had the sway bar shift and make contact with other components under the car. The OEM bars, and every other aftermarket bar has these "stops"...so I have no earthly idea why they chose to do that.

I like the springs, the toe-knuckle bearing, and the fact it comes ready to install - but knowing it comes with parts that you may already have on the car, and the fact the front bar will shift laterally...I have a hard time recommending it.
Unfortunately I'm not as knowledgeable about vehicles as I am with computers. If this was a gaming computer, I could source and build everything myself from individual components, and know I had a superior product. With cars, not so much, so I'm a bit ignorant here.

Is it possible to just replace the front sway bar if it becomes an issue, or before it becomes an issue? I tried looking for all the pieces to make up the kit separately, but it looks to be very costly just parting it out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As far as it coming with parts you may already have on the car, that only applies if you have the PP and are installing the street handling pack. Everything is the same on the PP besides the springs in the street pack. The track pack is an entirely different package. Nothing from the PP carries over to the track pack.
Not quite true. All GTs and PP EBs get the PP rear toe link. This is from Ford, not conjecture or anecdote. So yes, you're paying for stuff you already have if you have a GT (any GT).

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
^ Correct.

My base model auto came with "PP" Toe Links...

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I rather see people get adjustable toe links with lockout plates....then take the bearings from the "PP" Toe Links (press out) then press them into the knuckle.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I'm not as knowledgeable about vehicles as I am with computers. If this was a gaming computer, I could source and build everything myself from individual components, and know I had a superior product. With cars, not so much, so I'm a bit ignorant here.

Is it possible to just replace the front sway bar if it becomes an issue, or before it becomes an issue? I tried looking for all the pieces to make up the kit separately, but it looks to be very costly just parting it out.
For a little more money you can get better components, but the front struts won't be assembled.

Separately:
FRPP Track Springs - $260 (or BMR Perf Springs for $200)
FRPP Track Dampers - $550 (or Koni adjustables for ~$750)
BMR sway bars - $450

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

That is not true for the Base-to-Track Pack upgrade, which the OP is doing. Mine was a Base-to-Track Pack and we replaced all the major components.

OP don't be discouraged. The FRPP system is an amazing product at an exceptional price. You won't be disappointed.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are almost 100% likely to never have a problem. This is the first I'm hearing of anyone having "issues" with the FRPP sway bars, so it's hard for me to believe there is a uniform failure with the kit.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I am not using scare tactics, I am stating facts.

Every GT/V8 S550 Mustang I have seen, which is a lot, already has the "PP" Toe Links from the factory.

As for the sway bars, I am sure it's not happening to everyone. My customer base tends to race their cars more often, so maybe I see the most extreme cases. But I can tell you for certain that this has happened on more than 1 occasion. I will try and find pics.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not using scare tactics, I am stating facts.

Every GT/V8 S550 Mustang I have seen, which is a lot, already has the "PP" Toe Links from the factory.

As for the sway bars, I am sure it's not happening to everyone. My customer base tends to race their cars more often, so maybe I see the most extreme cases. But I can tell you for certain that this has happened on more than 1 occasion. I will try and find pics.
Then those are most likely outliers. The tone of your initial post seemed to me that you felt it was a serious problem. Apologies if I misunderstood, sometimes it is hard to determine intent through the written word. Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to talk the guy out of purchasing a competitor's product by using extremely rare examples, which in my opinion is not cool at all. Your product can stand on its own. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That is not true for the Base-to-Track Pack upgrade, which the OP is doing. Mine was a Base-to-Track Pack and we replaced all the major components.

OP don't be discouraged. The FRPP system is an amazing product at an exceptional price. You won't be disappointed.
It is overall a very good package, particularly since you don't need to rent/barrow/purchase a spring compressor to install, and can do all of it in your driveway or garage quite easily. You are definitely paying for toe links you already have, though, if you own a GT (any of them) or a EB PP.

I would like to see a front bar with lateral stops, though. That is a fair criticism.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Then those are most likely outliers. The tone of your initial post seemed to me that you felt it was a serious problem. Apologies if I misunderstood, sometimes it is hard to determine intent through the written word. Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to talk the guy out of purchasing a competitor's product by using extremely rare examples, which in my opinion is not cool at all. Your product can stand on its own. :thumbsup:
1: I do not believe in selling something that already comes on the car.

2: I do not believe the front sway bar should be free moving laterally without sway bar stops.

I just want people to get the most for their money, and am trying to help. Other than those 2 things, I have no issues with the package.

:cheers:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
For a little more money you can get better components, but the front struts won't be assembled.

Separately:
FRPP Track Springs - $260 (or BMR Perf Springs for $200)
FRPP Track Dampers - $550 (or Koni adjustables for ~$750)
BMR sway bars - $450
The only reason I would prefer the FR track over the konis is that I don't have to drill out the rear upper shock mount. The 12mm part from steeda is bloody expensive, I believe.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1: I do not believe in selling something that already comes on the car.

2: I do not believe the front sway bar should be free moving laterally without sway bar stops.

I just want people to get the most for their money, and am trying to help. Other than those 2 things, I have no issues with the package.

:cheers:
You said you would NOT recommend the package because of TWO people you have seen that experienced a very uncommon circumstance, and because the package gives you extra parts? And the other 99% of the package you "have no issues with" but you're still not going to recommend it? Mmm ;)

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Correct. I do not recommend the kit.
Sponsored