Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

Shushunmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hey everyone, I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a consensus on this one. I just upgraded from my 2015 Ecoboost S550 to a NON-PP S550 GT Premium.

I want the absolute best bang for my buck handling available. My budget right now is about $1,200-1,300, and it looks like the Ford kit may provide that for me.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...led-fastback-ecoboost-gt-2015-2017/p/MFR3AM8/ - This is the kit I'm looking at.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit? This is not just a track car, and it is a daily driver, however I don't anticipate any major issues with this, since it doesn't seem to lower the car as much as some other springs.

Should this be the kit I look to for getting the most out of my mustang for the budget, or should I be looking elsewhere?
Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
I daily drive the FP Track kit on the streets of Manhattan and have done 12 track days so far with the car. The kit performs very well on track, it is liveable on the street but does get harsh over multiple bumps. The sway bars make a huge difference in track performance. Worth the cost.
Steve

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
More than copes with our UK roads, which essentially, were built for the horse and cart!

Great mod and I'd highly recommend it :thumbsup:

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Hey everyone, I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a consensus on this one. I just upgraded from my 2015 Ecoboost S550 to a NON-PP S550 GT Premium.

I want the absolute best bang for my buck handling available. My budget right now is about $1,200-1,300, and it looks like the Ford kit may provide that for me.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...led-fastback-ecoboost-gt-2015-2017/p/MFR3AM8/ - This is the kit I'm looking at.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit? This is not just a track car, and it is a daily driver, however I don't anticipate any major issues with this, since it doesn't seem to lower the car as much as some other springs.

Should this be the kit I look to for getting the most out of my mustang for the budget, or should I be looking elsewhere?
Ford Racing Street Pack (everything in the performance package plus the X springs): http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-racing-mustang-handling-pack-performance-street-p-4168.html

Ford Racing Track Pack (total upgrade over the performance package): http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-racing-mustang-handling-pack-track-p-3253.html

Either way, definitely go through Levittown for the best possible price on both! I'd go for track, only roughly $100 more :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Shushunmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Oh wow, they have the kit for $200 less than CJ's! Nice! You just saved me some cash. I think I'll throw that extra at a PMAS CAI lol.

Sponsored

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Oh wow, they have the kit for $200 less than CJ's! Nice! You just saved me some cash. I think I'll throw that extra at a PMAS CAI lol.
Glad I could help! I believe they have a mustang6g discount on top of that as well. Unfortunately I do not know it :headbonk: maybe someone else can chime in?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Buy from Levittown, not cjponyparts. Go to their forum section and PM their vendor rep for a discount code. I know what it is but I don't think it's anyone's place but the vendor's to give out.

I upgraded from the Base suspension to the FRPP Track Pack. The drivability and comfort changed very little but the handling improvement was dramatic. I couldn't flip or spin my car now if I wanted to, not on public roads. The drop was approximately an inch after the suspension finished settling. Closing the Mustang's atrocious wheel gap made the car look 100% better. That's not an exaggeration.

Keep your options open on the intakes. The Mustang has a lot of good CAIs available.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
OP
OP

Shushunmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks for the advice SpeedLu, and Cascadia! I've heard of the cradle bushing lockout kit before, but I have no idea what it does. I didn't know it was recommended as a first mod. I'll have to give it a look and add it to the list of other stuff I need to buy! :D

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shushunmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Definitely informative! This combined with the track pack should give me the feel I want from my S550.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely informative! This combined with the track pack should give me the feel I want from my S550.
I'd do it the lockout kit first actually. It dramatically changes the way the car feels through corners and anytime you're putting power down, turning or not. The rear end now feels properly connected to the car.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
You'll have a track monster after the upgrades. Make sure you have good tires in the pipeline for when the Pirellis wear out. Great tires will make almost as dramatic a difference as the suspension mods.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I'm almost talking myself into pulling the trigger on this now lol. Anyone upgrade their GT PP to the track handling package and if so how big of a difference did it make?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I think, for progressive springs, they hit a homerun.

As for the complete kit, I am just not a fan.

The kit comes with Toe Links that are already on most cars from the factory.

The front sway bars do not have retaining rings / stops. Why they do this, I am not sure, but I have had 2 customers already who had the sway bar shift and make contact with other components under the car. The OEM bars, and every other aftermarket bar has these "stops"...so I have no earthly idea why they chose to do that.

I like the springs, the toe-knuckle bearing, and the fact it comes ready to install - but knowing it comes with parts that you may already have on the car, and the fact the front bar will shift laterally...I have a hard time recommending it.
Sponsored