Has anyone broke an aluminator?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i know we talked on fb, but i'll post here again

fwiw, imo, i wouldn't bother spending the $$ on a built engine without doing sleeves.

when our engine popped, we never did hurt a piston or rod. we actually egged the cylinder wall, pistons and rods were perfect.

at a bare minimum, your going to want to add water jacket supports, if not sleeving the block.

the piston / rod is better on the 15 cars and can take alot. we ran alot of passes on our stock engine in the low 9 second range on the stocker. and never any piston / rod issue
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Man I hate to see you guys having problems AFTER you spent good money on a build and for it to only be an issue later. I do thank you for the insight though as I will not have to go thru these same issues. olaosunt, I see you have faith in MMR's blocks/builds whereas I've heard not so great stuff from them before. Have you been satisfied with their work all along?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
So who offers the best sleeved short blocks?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
i know we talked on fb, but i'll post here again

fwiw, imo, i wouldn't bother spending the $$ on a built engine without doing sleeves.

when our engine popped, we never did hurt a piston or rod. we actually egged the cylinder wall, pistons and rods were perfect.

at a bare minimum, your going to want to add water jacket supports, if not sleeving the block.

the piston / rod is better on the 15 cars and can take alot. we ran alot of passes on our stock engine in the low 9 second range on the stocker. and never any piston / rod issue
Are you saying that there's a difference in the '16 blocks?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Are you saying that there's a difference in the '16 blocks?
block integrity imo is no better 11-14 than 15-17

the pistons and rods are better o the 15+

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
When did the valleys start cracking on these things. Ford really tryin to maintain that old 5.0 heritage and feel.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you don't see the valleys as much, but the cylinder walls you see alot

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Is there anything special about the MMR brace? I may just make my own out of solid aluminum bar stock. I see that the knock sensors mount above it so I figure making it out of aluminum would be the best bet so that the metallurgical resonance is the same, or close to being the same.

-Jeff

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
This video shows how fine the valley crack is. This is right next to the passenger knock sensor. I had 20 psi on the radiator for 5 minutes before it finally showed. The car kept leaking coolant and I thought it was just a head gasket. After researching more it seems the supported motors are way more prone to do this than sleeves.

[ame]

Sponsored

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Let us know how we can help, MMR wrote the book on sleeving the coyote and has made many changes as we have evolved and innovated over the years. MMRs sleeved engines can be found Holding records in every category of NMRA such as John Kauderer (point leader and last 2 event winners in Coyote modified), Frank Varela, (NMRA Renegade champion and multi time record holder), Haley James (NMRA Coyote Modified Champion) John Urist (Hellion Turbos and worlds fastest S550) and non NMRA racers such as Justin Cyrnek (8.5" record holder). Bottom line the MMR blocks are the best and most proven.

In regards to the brace it was a no brainer, the MMR brace adds an additional stiffening rib directly above one added by the factory. Every high HP build should have one to help prevent "valley cracking". They are included on all MMR 1500 series engines on up.

For those looking for shortblocks give us a call, we are happy to go over options, pricing and warranty.

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

silver%20bullet%20FL%20WF.jpg

get-some-2.jpg

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Let us know how we can help, MMR wrote the book on sleeving the coyote and has made many changes as we have evolved and innovated over the years. MMRs sleeved engines can be found Holding records in every category of NMRA such as John Kauderer (point leader and last 2 event winners in Coyote modified), Frank Varela, (NMRA Renegade champion and multi time record holder), Haley James (NMRA Coyote Modified Champion) John Urist (Hellion Turbos and worlds fastest S550) and non NMRA racers such as Justin Cyrnek (8.5" record holder). Bottom line the MMR blocks are the best and most proven.

In regards to the brace it was a no brainer, the MMR brace adds an additional stiffening rib directly above one added by the factory. Every high HP build should have one to help prevent "valley cracking". They are included on all MMR 1500 series engines on up.

For those looking for shortblocks give us a call, we are happy to go over options, pricing and warranty.
Will this brace clear a Whipple?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Will this brace clear a Whipple?
We do have a low profile version but we have not had a chance to check it with the whipple.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT