Whipple dyno results

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not a real apples to apples comparison given the higher gen 3 compression and different power adders. Depending on your power goals you need fuel system more than need forged internals
Well getting internals done so I can start increasing my boost safetly...once internals are done, then would like to introduce e85 and push the motor without worrying

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Mine cross right around 6800
Thats why I am asking.. TQ and HP are related and should cross at 5,250RPM. No matter what gear you dyno in. Unless there is some weird scaling going on in your graph.

Roush Stage 2. 2019 GT. Factory Roush tune.

Run 2 is in 6th gear and the tires were slipping on the rollers. Runs 1 & 3 are in 7th.

Reed 2.jpg

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Happy to share the logs if anyone wants to see if they have any additional insite

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Horsepower and torque in ftlb always are equal at 5252 rpm. In his graph power and torque are scaled differently.

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Horsepower and torque in ftlb always are equal at 5252 rpm. In his graph power and torque are scaled differently.
Is my graph then still truly representative of the numbers and is just a scaling issue? Wondering if I should be concerned

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is my graph then still truly representative of the numbers and is just a scaling issue? Wondering if I should be concerned
Ah I dont think I should be. Just realized the scaling isnt 1:1. What do ya think?

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
You shouldn't be concerned but the RPM is off for either the TQ or HP in your graph and no one knows what it is.... Contact the dyno and ask them them to give you a 1:1 graph.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You shouldn't be concerned but the RPM is off for either the TQ or HP in your graph and no one knows what it is.... Contact the dyno and ask them them to give you a 1:1 graph.
Please elaborate.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Please elaborate.
Am I wrong? Why would the graph not cross at 5252 other than a scaling issue? I would assume HP is the number the graph is showing correctly per the RPM.

Educate me.

Most things that are scaled, show the scale factor for all elements. I don't see this in the OP or Nawsad's graphs.

Last edited:

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Am I wrong? Why would the graph not cross at 5252 other than a scaling issue? I would assume HP is the number the graph is showing correctly per the RPM.

Educate me.

Most things that are scaled, show the scale factor for all elements. I don't see this in the OP or Nawsad's graphs.
As engineerMike stated, the graph is simply scaled differently for horsepower and torque. Look at the left and right sides of the graph. I will never understand why shops publish dyno graphs like this, I hate looking at them.

More concerning is the loss of clean lines up top. It doesn’t seem happy at high rpm.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Educate me.

You statement didnt make any sense. The rpm is fine, hp and tq read fine. Just scaled differently. No biggie.
Sponsored