Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
This is brand new, haven't even picked the car up yet (will this afternoon!!!) but this is what the boys at the shop sent me yesterday. I'm very excited, this is more than I expected for sure - +290hp gain over stock!!

Gen3 Whipple Stage 1 kit, 6-rib 3.75 pulley. Pump 93.

Other mods are just the AB and H-pipe and then I went with a custom dyno tune.

387766-3858670.jpg
I wonder what changes your tuner made to the stock whipple tune as I almost made the exact same numbers you did on 93 with a gen 2 stage 2 with 3.75 with stock whipple tune.....673.46/ 558.24 dynojet STD

I'd ask to see the dyno numbers from the stock tune whipple tune if they did so. I'd hate to see someone get ripped off for paying for a custom tune, when in fact it may be the stock tune they used. Does your custom tune still retain the flight control settings to adjust power by gear?

Here's the link to my pulls. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90240
Sponsored

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Stage 2 adds what, bigger TB? 72lb vs 55lb Injectors? The heat exchanger looks to be an option with both, as are fans.

With the same pulley maybe you never get to a boost level that requires the upgrades to be effective? Different dynos, different day. I wouldn't get too hung up.

The whipple Cal is CARB compliant and likely is relatively safe.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Ahh, I missed the stage 1 bit which would have the smaller injectors and throttle body. Regardless, I guess this is a testament to the efficiency of the Gen 3 over Gen 2. Making similar power with less injector and TB.

The 673 pull I made was indeed with the clutch slipping up top. I only used the flight control on the last 480 pull when I turned everything to -25%.

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Ahh, I missed the stage 1 bit which would have the smaller injectors and throttle body. Regardless, I guess this is a testament to the efficiency of the Gen 3 over Gen 2. Making similar power with less injector and TB.

The 673 pull I made was indeed with the clutch slipping up top. I only used the flight control on the last 480 pull when I turned everything to -25%.
Right, Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 which I think justifies the expense. Also it was a timing issue, I was facing having the car stuck in the shop over the weekend as they were late in requesting the Whipple tune versus forking out the cash on the custom tune which I would have done anyway at some point ... so it was more about me being impatient :)

So no comparison as the Whipple tune was never used.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=20722]Swedish Meatballs[/MENTION]

Congrats. I'll be happy if my stage 2 kit hits those numbers!

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
This is brand new, haven't even picked the car up yet (will this afternoon!!!) but this is what the boys at the shop sent me yesterday. I'm very excited, this is more than I expected for sure - +290hp gain over stock!!

Gen3 Whipple Stage 1 kit, 6-rib 3.75 pulley. Pump 93.

Other mods are just the AB and H-pipe and then I went with a custom dyno tune.

387766-3858670.jpg
Auto or Manual?

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks :cheers: I like those numbers, right where I'd like to be to feel "safe". I have LT's and will probably stick with the Whipple tune if/when I pull the trigger.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks :cheers: I like those numbers, right where I'd like to be to feel "safe". I have LT's and will probably stick with the Whipple tune if/when I pull the trigger.
Oh you definitely mean WHEN and your thinking red :D

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed

When they say the whipple tune drives like stock when not in the throttle thats EXACTLY how it feels. 16 auto, gen 2 stage 2 on whipple tune. I have 0 complaints. Car is amazing, gobs and gobs of power on tap, so much more than my 305s can plant. Light throttle the car is so smooth. When you lean into it, the SOB comes alive like a beast outta hell!!! Do it bro....:headbang:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
Boys at the shop posted this video yesterday, I enjoyed it immensely and hope you do too ;)

Dyno Vid
Sponsored