Sponsored

Dyno Results: Whipple SC on Whipple Tune

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Just got off the dyno.

Let me start off by saying that this tune is very well done. Drive-ability is FLAWLESS. Hot-start, Cold-Start: acts like stock. Part throttle driving around town, drives super clean and has a very potent feel and attitude. No misfires, no hesitations, no hiccups anywhere that I can find. Any RPM, any throttle position - the car is running clean and really wants to just take off.

I dont currently have anything of my own to log the timing with, so I have no idea what the timing is doing. But I can see the A/F and its comfortably conservative. It might make a little more power leaned out on top since it goes extra rich up there like lots of factory boosted cars do. But I prefer it the way it is.

EDIT: I forgot to add: Aside from the Whipple SC kit and Whipple throttlebody, the only other modification on the car is the Magnaflow catback. So this is stock headers etc.

So the numbers... I did 3 pulls, and here is the highest and lowest. Dynojet 248c, SAE correction (Shell 93 octane):

Very clean. With this high of a compression ratio engine, I know from my other 11:1 car that 1 degree of timing can make-or-take 20+HP... so I fully expect to see the slight variance shown as the ECU is constantly deciding how aggressive it wants to run.

So then I decided to try something else. I had Whipple send me one step down pulley size back with my ECU, and their new PnP fuel pump booster kit. I picked up 1.2psi of peak boost. I did not take the time to tighten the tensioner on the dyno for the smaller pulley, so I think I was getting a tiny bit of belt slip... I did a few pulls and boost would have moments where it would dip down to as if I were running the standard pulley.

Attached here is a run where the boost came back in just before the end, so I could see what the extra pound of boost is doing. First SAE correction, and following is STD correction for those who use that. (Shell 93 octane)

Next up: Install the Kooks 1-7/8 LTHs and the McLeod RXT, then try again.

Overall I am thrilled with the results. :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Sweet!! 668 for a kit out of the box with a canned tune! I think that's probably the best we've seen so far! 707 not to bad for a canned tune either!

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I am really happy with it, its better than I hoped for - which is rare in this world.

The way factory ECUs move around timing so much these days, I am confident that if I sat there and ran it all day it would have pulls that make more. In fact, one of the pulls I did with the other pulley, boost fell down to 12psi at redline, and it was like 685 or 688 or something right at that spot... So I am pretty sure that on the occasional pulls some people might get 675-685 with the standard pulley and tune.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
I'm sure.....and all that on a canned tune with no data logging??? Hmmmm :shrug:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Damn! That is awesome!!!

Congratulations man. Sweet setup.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Sorry if I missed it, but is this with the Whipple or stock throttlebody?

And congrats!
This is with the Whipple TB. A very very nice part, I loved installing it. I would recommend a throttle upgrade with a PD blower because they are pulling un-pressurized air through the throttle.. unlike a turbo or centri where the air has already been compressed before having to travel through.

That said, at this power level, I have no idea if the throttle is contributing to the power much or not. Perhaps its not needed yet?

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Nice! I've been saving my pennies for a '16 GT350, but am toying with the idea of going with a std GT with a Whipple instead....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job! I can also attest to the drivability as I got my car back today and it is out of this word. I am just simply amazed with how this car runs. I'd say the Whipple team put out one amazing kit and tune.

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm sure.....and all that on a canned tune with no data logging??? Hmmmm :shrug:
it's all how far you want to push it

on an 11-14, we typically sent kits out at 8-9 psi

imo, the cars haven't been out long enough to be sending out 12-13 psi kits to customers,

but it's easy to make power, hell, our jt kit we can send out at 900 rwhp...

doesn't mean it's the right thing to do lol

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

imo, the cars haven't been out long enough to be sending out 12-13 psi kits to customers,

You do realize we have control of the camshaft and lower the effective compression of the motor? We have thousands of hours in testing labs, holding wot, steady state..... The testing we've done is simply mind blowing. Track testing, drag testing, street testing, lab testing, hot and cold.... This is not your average canned tune and testing.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You do realize we have control of the camshaft and lower the effective compression of the motor? We have thousands of hours in testing labs, holding wot, steady state..... The testing we've done is simply mind blowing. Track testing, drag testing, street testing, lab testing, hot and cold.... This is not your average canned tune and testing.
listen,

not going to get into it with you, but you keep talking about your tune Is the end all to end all...

why am I getting emails from customers wanting lund tunes, that you have had their pcm's as much as 3 times to fix the "perfect tune" and they are tired of being down for a week at a time for a retune

"I'd be happy to post the pms"

if it's a perfect tune, why does it need to be sent back 3 times...

as far as "drag testing", lets see your canned et's????

there were plenty of people at the track the day lethal tried using your tune and the car couldn't get out of its own way...at least on the first "perfect' tune

you bring your 800+ car that runs great on the dyno, were here at mir, making 740 rwhp or so, and lets run em....

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP

Naturally any of these systems can make more power than the stock engine can handle, and any of us can make as much power as we wish to risk. Similarly, any of us are equally capable of doing exactly what you did at the track today or better. Only takes the guy who cares to.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Naturally any of these systems can make more power than the stock engine can handle, and any of us can make as much power as we wish to risk. Similarly, any of us are equally capable of doing exactly what you did at the track today or better. Only takes the guy who cares to.
actually that's not true, if anyone could do, anyone would do it. as far as what we did at the track today

getting an irs car down the track, with a proper tune, shifting correct, etc.. isn't as simple as pointing it down the track and going

look at bamas video claiming they ran 9's "supercharged", if you watch the video, they show you their 1/8 mile slip, and say when compare it to their nitrous 1/8 mile , and the fact a s/c pulls harder the 2nd half, it is a 9 second car, even though it didn't go 9's

their is a reason the video didn't show them going the 2nd half of the track..

as far as pushing the systems, yes, anyone can push it, it's a matter of longevity for the customers, I still am only recommending 9 to 10lbs for customers until we log some miles on these engines, it's just being responsible for the customer, yes, the rods are better, the pistons are a "little" better than an 11-14, it's still thin at the top,

most guys are pushing it just to buy these systems, and even though they should be prepared for a blown engine, most are not prepared or capable to handle it

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
listen,

not going to get into it with you, but you keep talking about your tune Is the end all to end all...

why am I getting emails from customers wanting lund tunes, that you have had their pcm's as much as 3 times to fix the "perfect tune" and they are tired of being down for a week at a time for a retune

"I'd be happy to post the pms"

if it's a perfect tune, why does it need to be sent back 3 times...

as far as "drag testing", lets see your canned et's????

there were plenty of people at the track the day lethal tried using your tune and the car couldn't get out of its own way...at least on the first "perfect' tune

you bring your 800+ car that runs great on the dyno, were here at mir, making 740 rwhp or so, and lets run em....
First, your in the wrong thread. Check out the title and maybe for once stop trying to hijack it.

Second, the results will speak for themselves. But thanks for all your concerns.
Sponsored