Sponsored

Dyno results comparison Whipple Stage 2

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Ok, went to Dyno and arrived with Whipple tune (Blue) in my car. Dyno'd that, and then switched to my tune from Ken B (Red). Driving the car obviously cannot be seen here, but throttle response is insanely different between the two. I understand Whipple does not touch that, and that anyone can buy a Pedalmax, but I am just pointing out that this dyno is not the only difference. Shift points and the shifts themselves are also significantly different. I have Ken looking at that dip around 6500rpms, and will likely hit the track soon. Again, these are just numbers. I could not agree more as I see people with less things done making more power than me on their Whipple tune. But this is fair since same dyno, and I let the car cool down the same for each also. This is not saying one is better, just showing differences. Hell, most of you can read this chart much better than I can.
KenRed_WhippleBlue.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I can't wait to see what you run

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
What is the difference you feel in drivability between the 2 calibrations. By the way Whipple does recalibrate the throttle map extensively. Do you know what total timing and A/F ratio you had with the Ken B calibration.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
What is the difference you feel in drivability between the 2 calibrations. By the way Whipple does recalibrate the throttle map extensively. Do you know what total timing and A/F ratio you had with the Ken B calibration.
I saw the logs. Ken is running 1 degree more than whipple's at the top of the RPMs. A/F on both at similar at around .78 lambda. Both tunes look great.

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I saw the logs. Ken is running 1 degree more than whipple's at the top of the RPMs. A/F on both at similar at around .78 lambda. Both tunes look great.
you sure? The latest I had looked like up top Whipple was slightly higher in timing.......Stay tuned, new thread coming up in a minute!

Sponsored

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
The car is just more fun to drive. More sensitive. Honestly, if Whipple does that, it is not in my cal. Drives exactly like stock. No boost at all til at least 40+% throttle. I thought it was known that Whipple does not touch that. I have driven both tunes back to back several times too.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
you sure? The latest I had looked like up top Whipple was slightly higher in timing.......Stay tuned, new thread coming up in a minute!
Yeah, at the top of the rpms before the operator let off the throttle. I definitely see the whipple's cal adjusting. I would love to see what happens with some octanium mixed in a 1/4 tank of 93 lol.

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Both dyno's look good, but Ken will work with you to optimize the tune. At the track the removed TQ management will make the KenB tune much faster than the dyno indicates.

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Both dyno's look good, but Ken will work with you to optimize the tune. At the track the removed TQ management will make the KenB tune much faster than the dyno indicates.
I ran it earlier today. I forgot laptop to log which is a killer. I think Ken can fix that drop-off in the dyno around 6500, and also I tapped rev limiter on most shifts. That will be addressed too. Overall I was happy with my first time out. I know cooler weather and a tune update, and me learning to drive it better will get me a better times.

Sponsored
OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Yeah, at the top of the rpms before the operator let off the throttle. I definitely see the whipple's cal adjusting. I would love to see what happens with some octanium mixed in a 1/4 tank of 93 lol.

I see it now. Just really compared the logs. Whipple ran more timing all the up to 7100 RPMS though. Then Ken's ran .5 more from there to 7500 and a full degree more from 7500 til finished.

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I can't see the dynograph either.
Ok, I got it now. I was putting in a BMP. Did not realize needed to be jpg. Clear now. Thanks!

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The car is just more fun to drive. More sensitive. Honestly, if Whipple does that, it is not in my cal. Drives exactly like stock. No boost at all til at least 40+% throttle. I thought it was known that Whipple does not touch that. I have driven both tunes back to back several times too.
The throttle is 132mm, you can't leave anything stock. Throttle settings are set in the middle, not to aggressive, not to soft. As for boost at 40%, boost is a factor of load and expected torque. You can have boost at 20% throttle depending on load.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Did you experience any hesitation issues with the Whipple calibration?
Sponsored