2015 GT
OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
:popcorn: This thread is like a soap opera. Way to stay professional one particular vendor :tsk: #Classy

That said, the results are impressive and I don't understand the concerns at these levels of boost. You have so much control over the mean effective cylinder pressure through cam control and....experts boost is a factor of mainly airflow restriction. A bigger blower will potentially have a higher measurement due to volume, but it is usually at a much lower mixture temperature. As long as cylinder pressure and temperature is managed the factory parts are more than durable. Were none of you born yet when we were running 30PSI stock block Windsors off of EEC4's in the ninety's? #TickingTimeBombs

...but I'm just another idiot on the internet that tunes 4000HP multi-million dollar natural gas engines that keep the internets running, I'm sure these little Mustang engines are far more complex ;)
two thumbs up to anyone who understands what boost pressure actually is and when it is and is not relevant to the conversation!

Edit: I love your accelerometer signature... That should be a requirement of every member of the forum. I have a bit of catching up to do on 3 of the values there... But I've got you on one of them (for now)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Some people just can't help themselves but tell others what to do and how to do it, or feel that it's the God given right to degrade or put others down for their choices.

Here's a hint, you don't like what Phunk is doing...go pound sand and troll someone else's post :crazy: Feel free to come troll mine, I'll tell you the same...

Some people's children...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Some people just can't help themselves but tell others what to do and how to do it, or feel that it's the God given right to degrade or put others down for their choices.

Here's a hint, you don't like what Phunk is doing...go pound sand and troll someone else's post :crazy: Feel free to come troll mine, I'll tell you the same...

Some people's children...

I'm all for getting advice from people who may know more than I do. It's the way the advice is delivered that makes the difference.

Just can't get the smile off my face when I look at my car let alone drive it lol

Nice build Charles keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Tim Hilliard, thank you for posting that. You have posted the best reply I've read in a long time.

Sponsored

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
Congrats Charles and Whipple!

Sounds like the tune revision is working great and the numbers are VERY impressive! I would agree that Dustin at Whipple is very responsive and great to work with. Their product is top of the line and I can't wait for mine to arrive. Most recognize that every new platform will have its issues and take some time to work the bugs out. I have used other products on modern muscle and my cars are not dyno queens. Lastly...You can't listen to the naysayers of the world...as you know every thread has them. You know what they say about opinions...

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
No "dyno queen" or "garage queen" here either. I drive the sh*t out of my cars!

Ive got almost 2000 miles on my Whipple install already.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
@Phunk whats your IAT's like in the city vs Highway. Id like to compare them to mine if you don't mind. Hoping to have the same outcome on the dyno as you did. PM me plz.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
The whipple tune is amazing, the drivability is perfect. I can't stress enough how happy I am with the Kit and there Tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
@Phunk whats your IAT's like in the city vs Highway. Id like to compare them to mine if you don't mind. Hoping to have the same outcome on the dyno as you did. PM me plz.
Ill start paying attention to that for a day or two and let ya know.

The IAT displayed is coming from the MAF sensor, not the secondary IAT on the manifold though.

Last I peeked, my air temps in the MAF were like 3 degrees warmer than the car says for ambient temp.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ill start paying attention to that for a day or two and let ya know.

The IAT displayed is coming from the MAF sensor, not the secondary IAT on the manifold though.

Last I peeked, my air temps in the MAF were like 3 degrees warmer than the car says for ambient temp.
Appreciate it.

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Looks like Thursday night I am getting on the lift to start on my clutch and Kooks 1-7/8 LTH w/ cats install.

I have no idea how much time to expect this to take me... but if I get it done before Saturday, perhaps I will put it back on the dyno and see how much power the LTH make, if any. They better make at least 25HP or I will be taking them off!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Thursday night I am getting on the lift to start on my clutch and Kooks 1-7/8 LTH w/ cats install.

I have no idea how much time to expect this to take me... but if I get it done before Saturday, perhaps I will put it back on the dyno and see how much power the LTH make, if any. They better make at least 25HP or I will be taking them off!

Oh I'll be willing to bet they will. Hopefully at least 30 rwhp. Your putting in the exact setup I want. Looking forward to hearing if you get drone with the headers. I refuse to get drone again so I'm kinda leery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
30 is the magic number I had in mind that I would be disappointed to see less than, considering how much louder its going to make the car. But I wouldnt be surprised if i see anywhere from ZERO to 50., anything outside of there will shock me lol.
Sponsored