Sponsored

What's So Bad About the Performance Package?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Its not that the PP is bad, its just not needed for some people. For me, the gears are a little too steep for my liking as a daily driver, and summer tires. Our roads are so bad here that ill probably wipe out one of the tires or wheels after just a few months.

OP
OP
Jamo

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
These are the wheels that came on my EB PP.

I like those better. If you have PP, whether in the V6, eBoost or the GT, is it always a summer only tire? So you need a set of winter tires to go with it? And the regular is an all season wheel and tire?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Why do people think 3.73 is so bad for dd. You're shifting at low RPms anyways if you want mileage regardless of the ratios. Seriously not a deal breaker considering what you get...I think it's people trying to justify not getting pp...

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
Why do people think 3.73 is so bad for dd. You're shifting at low RPms anyways if you want mileage regardless of the ratios. Seriously not a deal breaker considering what you get...I think it's people trying to justify not getting pp...
I usually just use 1,3,5 gear in DD, 3,73 doesn't really affect anything.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you have PP, whether in the V6, eBoost or the GT, is it always a summer only tire? So you need a set of winter tires to go with it? And the regular is an all season wheel and tire?
Yes, yes you should, and yes.

No PP on the V6.....

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Oh by the way whether you need winter tires is ofcourse climate dependant. I had Z rated P Zero Neros on my S197 GT and I drove all year on my 'summer' tires but we only get rain in the winter, not a lot of snow.

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Oh by the way whether you need winter tires is ofcourse climate dependant. I had Z rated P Zero Neros on my S197 GT and I drove all year on my 'summer' tires but we only get rain in the winter, not a lot of snow.

Snow is not the only factor...most people miss this. The temp is the factor that I worry about as summer tires are not rated for below 40 constant temp. They tend to crack easier.

November -April equals winter (not snow) tires

April-November equals summer tires

OP
OP
Jamo

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
NEWS FLASH

I just went to one of my favorite Ford dealers - Buss Ford n McHenry, IL - and I test drove a new GT! This is a big deal. I had not driven a 2015 before. I've been reveling in imagination.

This one was a manual GT Premium, without any further options, so it had the basic axle ratio and wheels.

It really was a treat. First and second gear go quickly though and I found myself driving around in 3rd, where it winds out pretty pleasantly good. I'm not sure what good a 3.73 would do. I'd suspect that if one wasn't racing, one might be happier with the reg'ler 3.31. And it was just about right over the road and road patches and expansion cracks. I've driven a '07 Shelby GT, which sits so tight. I suppose the PP would be like that. I thought the 3.31 ratio and regular suspension was just about right.

This one was Black on Black. I don't really understand a dealer getting Black on Black for stock. Though it is majestic, there are times when Black on Black is all you can get. When there is a choice, I would get something more colorful, like with the Ceramic interior in the base model GT.

Just say'n.:)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
what is up with people using fonts on this forum...