Sponsored

What's So Bad About the Performance Package?

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Jamo - you should drive a GT with PP before you decide. I drove both and to me there was a dramatic difference between the two - so I ordered a GT PP. I like the suspension better and I like the gauges on the dash (as silly as that sounds). I could afford to spend a little more, so I went for it.
Sponsored

h65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2015 GT Premium (CO)
For the people saying the PP Brakes are overkill on the street, please go drive the Dragon. You'll be happy you can make more passes without brake fade with the giant 6 pots.
I wish my definition of "street" included mile upon mile of switchbacks with no cross roads. My commute is a little more boring than that.

OP
OP
Jamo

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Jamo - you should drive a GT with PP before you decide. I drove both and to me there was a dramatic difference between the two - so I ordered a GT PP. I like the suspension better and I like the gauges on the dash (as silly as that sounds). I could afford to spend a little more, so I went for it.
The other thing is, if one is going to pay $445 for the 3.55 anyway, the PP is that much less more. Er, more less. I mean, it's only $2000 more anyway and you get all that stuff. Besides, those PP rims are definitely growing on me.

So I suppose I'd have to pony up. Gosh, I wish I had some extra money. As soon as tonight's snow melts I going to go to my other favorite Ford dealer - Eric Von Schliedorn in Rice Lake, WI - and drive his PP. I've got a standing invitation to come test drive from Jon.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
The other thing is, if one is going to pay $445 for the 3.55 anyway, the PP is that much less more. Er, more less. I mean, it's only $2000 more anyway and you get all that stuff. Besides, those PP rims are definitely growing on me.

So I suppose I'd have to pony up. Gosh, I wish I had some extra money. As soon as tonight's snow melts I going to go to my other favorite Ford dealer - Eric Von Schliedorn in Rice Lake, WI - and drive his PP. I've got a standing invitation to come test drive from Jon.
That doesnt make a lot of sense. Theres a huge difference between 400 and 2300 dollars. But the main reason people get 3.55s is because they get automatics and PP isnt available to them anyway. You were going to get an auto right? Well you cant get an auto PP.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Here's those PP Wheels:

They are a bit hideous, aren't they?
I actually like the wheel design. It has an FR500 vibe. But I hat (HATE!) the gloss black. Hate it. It's not growing on me. The wheels set me against the PP from May, when we knew how the ordering would work. The more I thought about it, the more I decided I was better off with an AT. I have not regretted the choice at all.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I wish my definition of "street" included mile upon mile of switchbacks with no cross roads. My commute is a little more boring than that.
I can't tell you how much better the PP brakes might "bite" when you first step on the pedal, but I can tell you that if it's by much you'd get spoiled very, very quickly. Even in your normal commute and daily driving.

Norm

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I can't tell you how much better the PP brakes might "bite" when you first step on the pedal, but I can tell you that if it's by much you'd get spoiled very, very quickly. Even in your normal commute and daily driving.

Norm

I had 4 pot GT500 Brembos on my S197, they were okay. The 6 pots on the PP GT, is something else. The bite is ridiculous and youll find yourself often saying .... do you even fade bro? :lol:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
↑↑↑ - good to know.

For the S197 GT anyway, it took shopping a couple steps up the pad compound ladder to get that nice feeling.

Norm

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't notice a big difference between the Brembos I had in my 2011 GT and the Ford brakes in my 2015. About the only thing is there's less kickback on hard bumps. I'm not driving on a track, though.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
That's still the street regardless of if it is or isn't part of your daily commute. For those of us that enjoy those roads or roads like them, it's nice to have something that won't fade.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That's still the street regardless of if it is or isn't part of your daily commute. For those of us that enjoy those roads or roads like them, it's nice to have something that won't fade.
Here's your original comment:

Originally Posted by DarkSubRosa
For the people saying the PP Brakes are overkill on the street, please go drive the Dragon. You'll be happy you can make more passes without brake fade with the giant 6 pots.
And the response: the PP brakes are overkill on the street, since 90% of the driving for many of us is done on straight, flat roads with traffic and 30 mph speed limits and traffic lights every hundred yards. That's "the street" for most of us, and there's no need for the Brembos on those types of streets.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
We can also say the 5.0 is overkill for the street, so we all should have gotten the v6. :D

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
can there be any more whining and justification in this thread?

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I wanted the pp but I had to get an auto. What I really wanted was the brake package even though it adds a bit of weight. So glad to see there are aftermarket options that are reasonable and much better(and much lighter) than the factory pp brakes. I'm changing the springs and rims right away.
I plan on do in g a few track days and the 2 people who want to go with me drive a porsche cayman and a c7 z51 vette. My saving grace (I think) is that I'm a much better driver.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I will tell you all right now I've had one serious close call where the brakes in the PP probably saved me. I literally stopped in a blink of an eye and felt like I was going to break my seatbelt lol . so I'd say they work well for street lol
Sponsored