Sponsored

What's So Bad About the Performance Package?

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Could I get some pros and cons about the Performance Package? I mean, if you don't actually race and you use your GT on an everyday basis. I'm personally a little afraid that it might be a jarring suspension, but I don't know.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's slower than a Camaro 1LE. It forces you to get too short 3.73 gears. Those are the only real downsides.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's slower than a Camaro 1LE. It forces you to get too short 3.73 gears. Those are the only real downsides.
The Torsen Diff is better for cornering but isn't as good for straight line work.

The PP wheels are heavy as crap and hard to clean, too.

Limited wheel choices for right now that will clear the PP brakes

A bit smooshy for track work, I think it was OppoLock on here who said it was more like a DD+ package than a proper track pack.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
For just cruising and DDing I'd just save your money. That said, drive one and see for yourself? Thats the only way you'll know if its too stiff.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It only comes on manual-transmission cars.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It only comes on manual-transmission cars.
Unless you get the EcoBoost, then the PP is available with both transmissions.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
If you aren't tracking your car, I don't think the PP is worth it. On the road, you won't get any use out of the bigger brakes, radiator or most of the other go fast goodies. If you want black staggered wheels and extra gauges, then that could be a legitimate reason for somebody to buy the package.

I am going to buy a PP car, but I also plan on tracking it on road courses and doing autocross.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Nothing bad about it, but for my taste the 3.73s are too short and the wheels that they come with are just hideous IMO. Other than that its nicely equipped.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
If you aren't tracking your car, I don't think the PP is worth it. On the road, you won't get any use out of the bigger brakes, radiator or most of the other go fast goodies. If you want black staggered wheels and extra gauges, then that could be a legitimate reason for somebody to buy the package.

I am going to buy a PP car, but I also plan on tracking it on road courses and doing autocross.
BINGO^^^

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i think it's totally worth it. I like the way it feels over non-pp. It feels more "sportier"

I also like the wheels because they grew on me and they really stand out against the CO, but they are the BIGGEST BITCH to clean and the hardest wheels I've ever cleaned.

Sponsored

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
Hard To Pass Up the Value of the PP

Like you, I wanted to experience the differences, and after driving a non-PP GT, there seemed to be a few subtle differences that the PP nailed. The Drive Modes, the incredible brakes (which I tested at 100+ mph), and the overall set of components made the PP seem like a natural choice. I debated more in my mind about the Recaros (which are worth every penny). Giving up the Heated and Cooled seats was tough, but I feel like I made the right choice.

:ford:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing, except that the suspension could be better. The final drive takes some getting used to at first, but now I love how tight the gear ratios are.

It's a hell of a value that doesn't need frequent track work to be appreciated.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
brakes are worth it by themselves.
In terms of the cost of the bigger 6pot brakes, it is worth the money. But in normal driving conditions and even spirited road driving, the 6pots have no advantage over the 4pots.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
For a stock set up..the 6 pots are really really good.

You CAN get aftermarket brake setups in 4 pot that are just as good if not better and lighter, but if you don't want to mess with aftermarket..the PP brakes are the bomb
Sponsored