Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
From the Ford website
The California Special Package includes:
•19-inch machined-face aluminum wheels with high-gloss Ebony Black-painted pockets
•Side stripe
•California Special badge on strut-tower base
•Pedestal rear spoiler
•Miko® suede seat inserts with GT/CS logo and red contrast stitching
•Unique grille with offset tri-bar Pony logo
•Side scoops
•Unique instrument panel badge with California Special script
•Faux gas cap on rear appliqué

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
That's just the MSRP which is in line with other mustangs, the CS package is $2000.

I'm sure you could get it for less.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It's an appearance package. If you like the look of the elements of the package, that will have a value to you. If you're indifferent to them, then there's nothing to recommend it.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Wheels, interior treatments, badging.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
i do like the tri-bar badge
Absolutely. I think it's far better than the standard one. That said, I don't like it enough to justify the cost to swap the grill on mine.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
•Miko® suede seat inserts with GT/CS logo and red contrast stitching

That is what sold me on the CS over the normal premium. Love the look of the seats and they don't get all stretched out/saggy like the normal leather ones do.

Honestly, the faux gas cap is gone, so are the side stripes and I use the CS wheels in the winter only. Can't even really tell mine is a CS from the outside anymore.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I had a 14 GT CS. Appearance stuff. Did come with strut brace.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just like with the Shelby's, badges and stickers.

Cue angry Shelby owners in 3...2...
oh come now Mik, Shelby's are more than that. They also have the inherent included history of having the brand of a guy that tried to go to GM before they went to Ford and paying a premium for that name.

jokes aside, Shelby's are nice cars (have to clarify jokes before people get upset). A California special is basically for a "special edition" like the Bullitt, just without the performance pack-esque upgrades. They look neat though.

RoyalCrimsonBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Just little visual specs and 19" wheels. If you get a good deal I'd go for it, as they hold value well. Even s197 California specials go for a decent price used vs a reg GT. So if you ever sell down the road you will get a little bit more in your pocket even on a trade in...as long as you don't heavily mod it. People like buying them near stock when selling, but that goes for any car I guess haha...hey this is my first post....wooohoo! Been out of the mustang game since I sold my 2005 Mustang GT 8 years ago. Glad to be back with a 2018 gt...man these cars are sick.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, it is an appearance package but there is a history to the California Special (including Carroll Shelby!). Read all about it here....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Special_Mustang

Also the GT/CS is is not available every year, especially recently. In a sea of GT's, CS's are fairly rare. You do not see them coming and going.

As far as the package itself, the current GT/CS has the nicest interior of any Mustang. The Miko/Alcantara seat and door inserts look really nice and does the dashboard trim panel. There is also a CS plaque on that panel. It's just the little touches that make it nicer.

As melwff already mentioned it does have a lot of other special trim features. Personally I love the grill, side scoops, wheels, and the red script on the trunk panel. Again, it's just a very nice step up package.

IMHO, the price is reasonable with the changes/additions made.

Cali theme seems appropriate if you lived in Ca. but imo wanabee labels for the rest of us.
There is nothing "wannabee" about the GT/CS. It's a historical package and a really good one at that.

Windsor Plantation 2.jpg

Windsor Plantation 4.jpg

Windsor Plantation 8.jpg

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yes, it is an appearance package but there is a history to the California Special (including Carroll Shelby!). Read all about it here....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Special_Mustang

Also the GT/CS is is not available every year, especially recently. In a sea of GT's, CS's are fairly rare. You do not see them coming and going.

As far as the package itself, the current GT/CS has the nicest interior of any Mustang. The Miko/Alcantara seat and door inserts look really nice and does the dashboard trim panel. There is also a CS plaque on that panel. It's just the little touches that make it nicer.

As melwff already mentioned it does have a lot of other special trim features. Personally I love the grill, side scoops, wheels, and the red script on the trunk panel. Again, it's just a very nice step up package.

IMHO, the price is reasonable with the changes/additions made.

There is nothing "wannabee" about the GT/CS. It's a historical package and a really good one at that.

Windsor Plantation 2.jpg

Windsor Plantation 4.jpg

Windsor Plantation 8.jpg
id have to change those wheels, at a BARE minimum. lol. rest of the car is very nice though.

OP
OP
oneheadlite

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I would buy one if Ford had seen fit to put the Gauge Pack in the dash.
I think it odd that they left it out..............:question:

(of course I thought it odd Chevy didn't put an A/C in a '15 Z/28)
Sponsored