Sponsored

The big Intercooler thread.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I don't think we have solid data on how the mishimoto ic performs. Fftec has solid temp drops, but I chose map for ease of install. I also find with map so they know what parts are what.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Without actually reading all 19 pages (read the last 3), was there a general consensus between the MAPerformance IC or the Mishimoto? Forget cost. Forget manufacturer names. Does one perform better than the other?
I think they are both awesome. Both have excellent design by engineers and look amazing. I'm sure their results are similar so I wouldn't stress too much about it. Get which you can get on sale and you will be happy. :)

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Without actually reading all 19 pages (read the last 3), was there a general consensus between the MAPerformance IC or the Mishimoto? Forget cost. Forget manufacturer names. Does one perform better than the other?
I don't think we have solid data on how the mishimoto ic performs. Fftec has solid temp drops, but I chose map for ease of install. I also find with map so they know what parts are what.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The key here is replacing the stock unit. Any aftermarket bar-and-plate unit is going to provide huge benefits in terms of intake temperatures. Our cooler was designed to provide as little restriction as possible while also promoting optimal heat transfer. I won't be able to provide an accurate comparison against any other components on the market, having just used our cooler here at the shop. I am sure they are very nice products, as is our intercooler. We've designed our intercooler to fit just like the factory unit (easy install) and we also include a lifetime warranty, which add some value. In our eyes, we've created an extremely efficient intercooler that provides a fantastic value/$. Judging by the reviews from our customers here on the forum, I would say they also agree!

We do have solid data! We covered the full R&D of this particular intercooler on our blog and here on the forums (link below).

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15946&highlight=mishimoto

Our thread is nearly as long as this one, so I will pull a couple of important plots which show the performance benefits we saw.

The stock intercooler is not up to the task of handling heat generated by the stock EBM, we've seen this on our shop car and many owners found this out during the warm summer months. During our test we found that at about 4,000 rpm efficiency begins to drop and intake temperatures begin to rise. Keep in mind this is a pull after a cool-down period. Back-to-back runs would likely result in steadily climbing outlet temperature.

With our cooler in place, outlet temperatures rose around 3°F during the exact same conditions. This equates to massive improvement in efficiency. A summary of inlet/outlet temperatures can be found in the chart below.

Basic Product Specs

• 30°F–35°F drop in outlet temperatures
  • Intake temperatures held at no more than 7°F above ambient
  • Minimal pressure drop
  • Average efficiency of 96%
  • 165% increase in external fin surface area
  • 58% increase in core volume
Let me know if I can answer any questions about our cooler! Be sure to check with our vendors for the best available pricing.

-John

I think they are both awesome. Both have excellent design by engineers and look amazing. I'm sure their results are similar so I wouldn't stress too much about it. Get which you can get on sale and you will be happy. :)
Thanks Turtleboy!

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

Allboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang Blackonblack PP EB
Your right on that. Gonna purchase the map or moshimoto soon, those are the only 2 that don't require the active shutter removal. Both are about the same performance wise also.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your right on that. Gonna purchase the map or moshimoto soon, those are the only 2 that don't require the active shutter removal. Both are about the same performance wise also.
Correct both are good products with quite a bit of research put into them.

Blue_Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Are there any water spray kits out there that would be compatible with one of these? I have the MAP IC and it works pretty well, but would like a little extra cooling right before a drag run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
So what IC's did you guys go with? And how are you liking them?

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I went with Levels because of core size, end tank design and price. Love it!

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
I went with FFtec. (EcoEconomy core). It will handle the power I'm wanting to achieve. (400+)
Sponsored