Sponsored

The big Intercooler thread.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Thanks for the help - mtpavelka
The new Map Intercooler is installed and I made a new friend - woot!

I can see the difference in the charge air temps on the Access port. More upgrades coming soon. Ordered my map tune yesterday. Waiting for the info and first tune to start data-logging. Very excited...

Here is the size difference.
MAP intercoler.jpg
Sponsored

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Got my map intercooler installed yesterday! Very excited about it. But I'm getting a bit of compressor surge now in between gears (low boost). If you guys could chime in here on that I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pulled the trigger on the MAP Intercooler since Adam said It's pretty much too damn hot out where I live.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Consistency is the best word to describe it. Well worth it. Happy that there are such good folks on this forum to help with installs as well.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Sooooo....me again with problems....since installing the ic and charge pipe kit with the atmosphere venting bov, theres now oil everywhere. There was a bit in the begining, but now 1000 or so miles later theres quite a bit. There doesnt seem to be a leak perse but it looks like its just exploding from the bov (the best i can describe based on the splatter). Im looking to install a catch can soon on the pcv side (or both) and clean everything to see if that helps but just a heads up. I have the pipes, ic, cai and tune.
Certainly sounds like a catch can is needed here. In a re circulation setup, that oil would likely be vented back into the intake system. Because you are atmospheric, it sounds as if some of it is escaping through the BOV. A catch can should reduce oil accumulation within the intake system significantly. Our testing of a similarly equipped EBM (tune being the exception) showed quite a bit of fluid coming from the PCV line, while our breather line was dry. I would recommend addressing the PCV side at a minimum, this should help capture a majority of the oil prior to its entry into the intake tract.

Thanks
-John

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Has anyone heard any rumblings for new offerings coming out?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha; like CP-E said they are coming out with one but seems the heavy hitters all have something on the market already.

I know Steeda and Cobb support the ST platform, wonder if they'd look into building something for EBM.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Without actually reading all 19 pages (read the last 3), was there a general consensus between the MAPerformance IC or the Mishimoto? Forget cost. Forget manufacturer names. Does one perform better than the other?
Sponsored