Shifter support bracket recommendations

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here’s a video that I found which shows the difference between the factory support bracket and the Steeda support bracket.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I’m having the Triax Street installed on my Bullitt next week but not the support bracket because I don’t want any increase in NVH.
Are you guys referring to this bracket :

1675178209814.jpeg

Cheers,

WD :like:
This bracket shouldn't increase nvh at all. I've had mine installed for 4 years now. I forgot it was there until this thread started. Definitely helps with third gear lock out though.

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This bracket shouldn't increase nvh at all. I've had mine installed for 4 years now. I forgot it was there until this thread started. Definitely helps with third gear lock out though.
I got a smidge of additional NVH when I added this to my ride. Mostly past 5K rpm.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
You don't want to attach the shifter to the tunnel again, when you change it.
FTBR and Blowfish are the solutions with the stock shifter.
Alternatively MGW and Barton.
This. I haven't used the Steeda bracket, so I can't comment on it. That said, what do you want? The FTB and Blowfish mount the shifter to the transmission. The Steeda unit is a beefier bracket but the shifter still remains mounted to the body. Between the FTB and Blowfish, the Blowfish includes a driveshaft safety loop and weighs more for that reason. Just some things to consider.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you seen how thin and flimsy the factory support bracket is? You might want to reconsider adding the Steeda support bracket.
Yes I know but the OEM is mushy to absorb the vibrations and also as I have never had an issue with my gear changes I don’t see any reason to go for it yet. Once I get my short shift I will assess how I feel. Thanks.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Without disputing your experience, it is not what the majority consensus is. As mentioned above, I will wait and see how I go. No big deal to do it later if I want. Wondering if Tim@Steeda has an opinion?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Without disputing your experience, it is not what the majority consensus is. As mentioned above, I will wait and see how I go. No big deal to do it later if I want. Wondering if Tim@Steeda has an opinion?
I'm always leery when a product states "No increase in NVH" and then I dive into the reviews and learn that is not the case.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
"No increase in NVH"
No increase in NVH if you accompany the mod with a loud exhaust and / or stereo volume modification ... :giggle:

For a period of time, one of the larger companies had conflicting NVH information / wording (for the same product) on their website depending on your region :facepalm:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No increase in NVH if you accompany the mod with a loud exhaust and / or stereo volume modification ... :giggle:

For a period of time, one of the larger companies had conflicting NVH information / wording (for the same product) on their website depending on your region :facepalm:

I was thinking the same thing. The guys NOT experiencing NVH are the ones with long tube headers and a solid diff mount with a 1 piece driveshaft. :crackup:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The way to know whether or not NVH exists is, if your teeth aren’t clattering, then there’s no NVH, on the other hand, if they sound like this, you have a serious case of NVH.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Yes I know but the OEM is mushy to absorb the vibrations and also as I have never had an issue with my gear changes I don’t see any reason to go for it yet. Once I get my short shift I will assess how I feel. Thanks.
I almost never have a shift error either however, the once in a while 3rd miss, is annoying. My sn95 track car was 100% NVH all the time. The car did not have anything rubber in it, and in most cases was aluminum bushed or delrin. It was like riding on a D8 bulldozer

Especially if youre showing off for a buddy you havent seen in quite a while lol

"Wow car pulls solid, until you missed 3rd noob" lol

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It's your car so definitely build it the way you want but did I miss something? Your saying majority consensus and I've only saw one person mention a "smidge" of nvh. Can't recall anyone mentioning nvh from that mod in any previous threads off hand either.

stang1087

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I didn't notice much if any NVH from this bracket with the stock shifter. I found it was an incremental improvement on it's own. Since your 3rd gear lockout isn't consistent it may be enough but it isn't world changing on its own. You can also add the trans mount bushing insert to further firm things up. This will add some NVH though.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I didn't notice much if any NVH from this bracket with the stock shifter. I found it was an incremental improvement on it's own. Since your 3rd gear lockout isn't consistent it may be enough but it isn't world changing on its own. You can also add the trans mount bushing insert to further firm things up. This will add some NVH though.
The trans insert is hit or miss. Definitely stiffens things up nicely but in my case the nvh made it sound like my tranny was going to grenade. I did some research after that and it seems it's fine for most people but in my case it was terrible. It's super cheap though so your not out much trying it.
Sponsored