Sponsored

Wow. Shifter bracket.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Today I installed a "Full Tilt Boogie Racing" shifter bracket. Found it on ebay really cheap and it looks to be something like a very cheap blowfish bracket. It's nowhere near as nice (Not an axle loop either), just a stamped/bent piece of 14-gauge(?) metal that appears to be powder coated.

I did a search on here and didn't find a whole lot about it, so here's my impression: The shifter is stiffer. I didn't really think the stock one was sloppy, but this makes it feel as if the shifter was directly connected to the shift rails (Inside the trans like the T56 was). You can feel the gears whirring quite extensively in the stock. Either you like it or you don't. I love it. There is probably some added sound, but I've been welding/grinding all day and I can't hear crap out of my ears right now, so take it as you will. I did hear a buzzing sound from maybe 2000-3000 rpm, from the shift collar...But, they include some o-rings which I think stop the rattle/buzzing. I didn't feel like installing them today, so those might fix it.

When I started driving, the car was warm, so it is not a very fair comparison, but the shift nibble from 1-2 was gone to my pleasant surprise.

All in all, if you want to try a trans-direct option, but don't want to spend a lot of money...Or, you don't feel you need the blowfish bracket, I'm quite happy with it. I know this probably reads like an advertisement, but I don't work for them, just throwing it out there for guys that haven't heard about them.

I will say it was a bit of a pain to install it. I'm sure it is easier than the others, but man I spent probably 30-45 minutes just trying to get the darn factory mount off because of the silly stamped retainer on the passenger side of the car.
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I was just thinking about this exact bracket. There’s info on the Blowfish option but like you said, but it’s slim pickings for the FTBR one. I’ve heard of people having luck installing the billet Steeda reverse lockout collar if the o-rings don’t do the trick. I don’t know how much it would help, but I’ve considered purchasing the FTBR bracket and putting some dynamat on it to help deadend some of the sound/vibration

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at this before I got my MGW. It's nice that they include the o-rings to stop the vibration.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. You can't use this with the MGW (it's trans mounted).
Yeah. We’re you completely stock before the shifter? Or did you have a combination of mounts/bushings with the stock unit? This piece looks like a nice upgrade for the $$$

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. We’re you completely stock before the shifter? Or did you have a combination of mounts/bushings with the stock unit? This piece looks like a nice upgrade for the $$$
I had the stock shifter and energy suspension bushing. I'd agree this is a nice value upgrade. It won't give you the awesome centering force that the MGW has, but a big improvement nonetheless.

OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did more driving on it today and I'm still very impressed with it. I did get a little 1-2 nibble on cold, but I've read that this is just how the MT-82 is. I will probably try using any one of the bazillion recipes for better trans oil, but for now I live with it.

I probably won't bother with the o-rings until this weekend, but the noise appears to be minimal - well as far as the stuff you probably wouldn't be able to fix with o-rings. You get a whirring feel and sound a little bit. I think if you wanted to alleviate the sound or vibration, you could probably stack a rubber washer on top of and below the bracket (x4 ...where the plate mounts to the bottom of the shifter assembly). I think that might help a little bit and there would be enough room for maybe 1/4 to 3/8 inch of total clearance if you didn't push the bracket up all the way when you install it.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I've got one waiting to be installed along with a FRPP shifter, Steeda transmission mount insert, and BG fluids.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I just went ahead and ordered one. Looks like a good deal. I don't have any issues with my current stock shifter, but an ounce of prevention...

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Any reason this wont fit on the 3.7L

Confused why there is an ecoboost version. I though the the shift assembly was the same across all models.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason this wont fit on the 3.7L

Confused why there is an ecoboost version. I though the the shift assembly was the same across all models.
It fits. EB and V6 have the same version of the MT82.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Definitely interested in this bracket. Looks like what I am looking for...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Just seems a better overall option when combined with a bracket and bushing then dropping more on the blowfish bracket overall.
Sponsored