Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Which radiator do yall suggest? GTPP or a Koyorad or? Want to tackle mechanical cooling before adding louvers

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Does anyone run an Accusump or similar system to make sure oil pressure stays happy?
Mayne a small handful of extreme users. With 10 quarts of good oil in the stock baffled pan, they usually do pretty well.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Mayne a small handful of extreme users. With 10 quarts of good oil in the stock baffled pan, they usually do pretty well.
If you suck air car immediately cuts all power and stays dead until key cycle. I’ve done it twice. Gotta trailbrake and turn right just the right way. I think all oil enters the timing chain area, but can’t really confirm.

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you suck air car immediately cuts all power and stays dead until key cycle. I’ve done it twice. Gotta trailbrake and turn right just the right way. I think all oil enters the timing chain area, but can’t really confirm.
Maybe that's a GT vs a GT350 thing. I've never experienced anything similar to that at all. We also don't have the fuel starvation issues either.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Man, this is about the only thing my car hasn't cut power for, yet....

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do you all recommend I go for the "RaceLouvers" RT louvers? (highest level made for 2015-2017, RX is 2018+ apparently)

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The best is to email or call Albert and ask him for recommendation. He is really great to deal with.
Thanks for the advice! He had an instant response, awesome stuff.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Know where you’re headed before you cut the hood. Its not going to help in autocross.

If uou ever intend to run an open air filter, I’d advise to not cut the hood. If you’re staying with a closed intake and dont care about the occasional glitch in wet weather, cut away.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Know where you’re headed before you cut the hood. Its not going to help in autocross.

If uou ever intend to run an open air filter, I’d advise to not cut the hood. If you’re staying with a closed intake and dont care about the occasional glitch in wet weather, cut away.
Roger, mainly doing it for track which I think I am loving more…oh no.

I prefer the stock intake system with resonator delete and velossa ram air intake. Definitely going to fab rain trays and make sure to seal the resonator/filter area well. Or perhaps I could go for a bigger intake like one off a gt? I dunno, your thoughts?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Roger, mainly doing it for track which I think I am loving more…oh no.

I prefer the stock intake system with resonator delete and velossa ram air intake. Definitely going to fab rain trays and make sure to seal the resonator/filter area well. Or perhaps I could go for a bigger intake like one off a gt? I dunno, your thoughts?
I wouldn't throw any money (intake) at making power with a V6. If you want power, sell the V6 and get into a used GT.

Cooling OTOH is probably worth it to keep the motor you have alive as long as possible..
Sponsored