SCCA CAM-C Thread

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Guy told me he was buying it to be competitive in CAMC. I had it listed for 25k with MCS, 2 sets of wheels, full aero package, schroth quick fit, Pro-awesome quick release system (with my designed chassis mounts (produced by Pro Awesome)), etc.

Not a single serious buyer.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Welp, I had 2 buyers back out of the car this weekend. So stripping my MCS and trading it in/selling to dealer. Someone is about to get a steal that they won't even realize.

Sucks, but I'm done.
I did the same with an e90 M3. Traded in a car with a one off unique parts combination and watched it sit with no interest. The eventual buyer contacted me for information and then proceeded to part the car out. He ended up with a nearly stock car for an exceptional price, but a unique build disappeared into the ether. Such is what happens when you build for yourself and release it to the herd.
I looked at your sale and thought I'd love to buy that car just for the parts. It really was an awesome deal. I can't believe someone didn't jump on it. Chalk it up to timing.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I did the same with an e90 M3. Traded in a car with a one off unique parts combination and watched it sit with no interest. The eventual buyer contacted me for information and then proceeded to part the car out. He ended up with a nearly stock car for an exceptional price, but a unique build disappeared into the ether. Such is what happens when you build for yourself and release it to the herd.
I looked at your sale and thought I'd love to buy that car just for the parts. It really was an awesome deal. I can't believe someone didn't jump on it. Chalk it up to timing.
I watched 2 similar build sell in hours online. I chalk it up to location. No one wanted to travel. I had others say if it was up north or whatever then they would have snagged it up. Oh well.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Man, I would have thought you would have been able to sell it easy, especially if you put a for sale sign in the window at nationals!

Just a thought before you go to the dealer. I bought my car from a place called TexasHotRides. They are up in Dallas, and specialize in modified/unique cars. They might be interested, for a better price than the dealer. If you haven't already parted it out.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Transaction completed on Saturday morning. Car drove away after a seamless transaction.

I then found the replacement. 2021 MX5 Club with 2k miles. Still smells new.

20220828_134521.jpg
20220828_080512.jpg
20220827_201821.jpg

It's been fun y'all

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
2022 Nationals

I'm running in FS on T/W H5 in a Shelby GT350. Right now the forecast looks good I've lived in the midwest long enough that anything past 3 days out on a weather forecast is a wild guess so.... Would any of you CAMC guys be willing to rent me a set of rain tires in case that becomes a scenario? The Shelby brakes are too big to fit 18" wheels on the front but 18's would work on the rear. My street tires are Michelin PS4Ss but the rears are pretty worn down (can't understand how that happens).

So, before I order a pair of new rear tires I figured I'd ask here if anyone would have a pair of rear "rain" tires on 11" wide wheels with the stock offset that I could rent for a reasonable amount?

Thanks,
Brian Meyer - 192 FS

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Transaction completed on Saturday morning. Car drove away after a seamless transaction.

20220828_134521.jpg
20220828_080512.jpg
20220827_201821.jpg

It's been fun y'all
The answer is always Miata, right? :cool:

Sweet looking car and can't stick with one car forever (the Mustang). Hope you have fun with it! Its been good seeing your posts over the years!

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
The answer is always Miata, right? :cool:

Sweet looking car and can't stick with one car forever (the Mustang). Hope you have fun with it! Its been good seeing your posts over the years!
Thanks sir. I appreciate it.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You'll run a track day in that thing and never see over 185* on water, while our Ecoboost bretheren, *running the exact same bloody engine*, argue with me that 235* is just fine. At the end of the day, only one of the two cars has a several race series based on it, and it's not the Mustang.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
You'll run a track day in that thing and never see over 185* on water, while our Ecoboost bretheren, *running the exact same bloody engine*, argue with me that 235* is just fine. At the end of the day, only one of the two cars has a several race series based on it, and it's not the Mustang.
Such a different animal. Acceleration is actually way better than I would have imagined. Pulls to redline and seems so balanced. I already have parts arriving from nationals (konis and a bar), will be ordering a muffler and tires soon. I can get used to 167 dollar per tire bill, lol.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
2022 Nationals

I'm running in FS on T/W H5 in a Shelby GT350. Right now the forecast looks good I've lived in the midwest long enough that anything past 3 days out on a weather forecast is a wild guess so.... Would any of you CAMC guys be willing to rent me a set of rain tires in case that becomes a scenario? The Shelby brakes are too big to fit 18" wheels on the front but 18's would work on the rear. My street tires are Michelin PS4Ss but the rears are pretty worn down (can't understand how that happens).

So, before I order a pair of new rear tires I figured I'd ask here if anyone would have a pair of rear "rain" tires on 11" wide wheels with the stock offset that I could rent for a reasonable amount?

Thanks,
Brian Meyer - 192 FS
Brian - I have PS4s that you could take - unfortunately they're on a GT PP FS-legal wheels (9" front / 9.5" rear with appropriate offsets) so illegal for FS for a GT350.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Such a different animal. Acceleration is actually way better than I would have imagined. Pulls to redline and seems so balanced. I already have parts arriving from nationals (konis and a bar), will be ordering a muffler and tires soon. I can get used to 167 dollar per tire bill, lol.
It's the Colin Chapman approach and it works..."Reduce complexity and add lightness." There's a reason it was my 'other' car on the list. I just needed something bigger for normal use.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I have the F150 for daily.

20220827_165814.jpg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
2022 Nationals

Thanks,
Brian Meyer - 192 FS
I am no help, but it is crazy to me that they lumped all Mustangs (including the GT350 with the HP) into FS. Including the 12-13 Boss 302. Seems so unfair.

Regardless of my opinion, best of luck! My history with Labor Day in the midwest was always sunny. Memorial Day, always rain. Hopefully it holds true for you this year.
Sponsored