SCCA CAM-C Thread

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Now I just need to convince the wife that the 19x11 Apex wheels and 305 Kumho's aren't any good anymore and now I need 19x11.5" wheels and new Nankang 325's LOL.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
@kz @webspoke yeah, my thoughts too about being sure one gets the good stuff when ordering instead of old stock.

These new fast tires in jumbo sizes are going to really cause folks who desire to be competitive to have to hack up their cars. It'll require 12 and 13in wheels to make the fat tires work, the aero allowances will come into bigger play now on the big concrete courses. For locals on the small slick lots the jumbo tires and aero don't add much to the equation.

I supposed we can see the justification for the tougher pax factor now...

Last edited:

Bolzen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I ordered a set of 305s from Phil's Tire Service on Feb, 27. Got them yesterday, tire date is Aug-22.

Are these the same you had @kz ?

PXL_20230308_213757666.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I ordered a set of 305s from Phil's Tire Service on Feb, 27. Got them yesterday, tire date is Aug-22.

Are these the same you had @kz ?

PXL_20230308_213757666.jpg
Yes - they're same model (and size) I have had. Hi Dan (I think).

Bolzen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Well phooey, hope I like em. Almost did the 71RS in 285, just seemed like big decrease in rubber.

This is Dan, hey hey!

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I saw them coming out, and much like aero, am going to let everyone else work them out before I make the leap. Very excited to see though, especially on our big heavy cars.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Swapped out the Ford Racing spring and swaybar kit for a full Steeda Suspension.

Dual Rate Magneride Springs
Compeition Swaybar Setup
Adjustable Endlinks front and rear
Front strut mount opened for further camber adjustment with Steeda camber plates (plates were already on the car)
Rear camber adjustment mount

At this point the entire suspension and bracing setup is all from Steeda.

Unfortunately we're boarding a cruise ship next weekend when our next event would take place but trying to get an alignment next week to get the car ready for when I get back. Maybe try and squeeze in a PCA event until our next regional SCCA event the first weekend in May.

Good news is that the car is much stiffer (as expected) based on standing on the front splitter and bouncing the car and it's a bit higher off of the ground too. I was bottoming out bad at my first event with the new splitter and even after adding some Professionally Awesome titanium skid pucks, it will be nice to have a little more ground clearance.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out the Ford Racing spring and swaybar kit for a full Steeda Suspension.

Dual Rate Magneride Springs
Compeition Swaybar Setup
Adjustable Endlinks front and rear
Front strut mount opened for further camber adjustment with Steeda camber plates (plates were already on the car)
Rear camber adjustment mount

At this point the entire suspension and bracing setup is all from Steeda.

Unfortunately we're boarding a cruise ship next weekend when our next event would take place but trying to get an alignment next week to get the car ready for when I get back. Maybe try and squeeze in a PCA event until our next regional SCCA event the first weekend in May.

Good news is that the car is much stiffer (as expected) based on standing on the front splitter and bouncing the car and it's a bit higher off of the ground too. I was bottoming out bad at my first event with the new splitter and even after adding some Professionally Awesome titanium skid pucks, it will be nice to have a little more ground clearance.
Keep us updated - we'll be very excited for you at your first competition with the Steeda package!

TJ

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Im a little frustrated. Waiting on a coilover rebuild for over a quarter now. Current status is “waiting for parts”. I’m on my old koni based setup and its definitely less planted on course.

Also ordered a customwing around the same timeframe back in Dec and it arrived a week ago. Now waiting on a little welding help to finish getting it mounted … so here’s a teaser. This one is just a bit over 7sq ft in area (by the rules).

524CAFCA-4B8E-4EF6-805E-A69D2D0B9197.jpeg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Im a little frustrated. Waiting on a coilover rebuild for over a quarter now. Current status is “waiting for parts”. I’m on my old koni based setup and its definitely less planted on course.

Also ordered a customwing around the same timeframe back in Dec and it arrived a week ago. Now waiting on a little welding help to finish getting it mounted … so here’s a teaser. This one is just a bit over 7sq ft in area (by the rules).

524CAFCA-4B8E-4EF6-805E-A69D2D0B9197.jpeg
Looks great. I just built a rear spoiler in the off-season before they approved wings. Removable between events. The factory spoiler is in a box on the shelf and the new basis is the Scott Drake spoiler which isn't quite as sturdy but has a better angle of attack. If I knew they were just going to approve wings before I started this project I'd have just done a wing and may still if this doesn't work kut the way I want it to.

IMG_20230325_165733_01.jpg

20230327_223139.jpg

20230327_223159.jpg

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

That looks very nice... and expensive. Are you drilling your trunk for it ?

I impulse bought a wing from 9 lives racing during their sale at the end of year as that was by far the cheapest option and then a trunk lid from local friends - which is off Ecoboost and in Deep Impact Blue color. Glad I did as even trial fitting the wing absolutely destroyed paint on it, drilling and cutting the inside layer didn't help with that either.

I really don't know why I did that... Now have to come up with something looking like splitter and I have about zero energy to do it.....

Btw - looks like the St Louis CAM challenge is very low on participation. 65ish and it's 3 weeks out.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That looks very nice... and expensive. Are you drilling your trunk for it ?

I impulse bought a wing from 9 lives racing during their sale at the end of year as that was by far the cheapest option and then a trunk lid from local friends - which is off Ecoboost and in Deep Impact Blue color. Glad I did as even trial fitting the wing absolutely destroyed paint on it, drilling and cutting the inside layer didn't help with that either.

I really don't know why I did that... Now have to come up with something looking like splitter and I have about zero energy to do it.....

Btw - looks like the St Louis CAM challenge is very low on participation. 65ish and it's 3 weeks out.
thats the other thing. The faux carbon fiber vinyl wrap I use is backordered nation wide, and the decklidI’m using has so many holes in it from the CAM spoiler I’ve lost count. Need to patch all those and re-wrap it. Maybe I’ll carbon wrap the roof this time so people think I spent thousands trying to get 7lbs closer to min weight.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I've got some satin black for the bright yellow decklid in my garage. I need to get on the spoiler fab.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
thats the other thing. The faux carbon fiber vinyl wrap I use is backordered nation wide, and the decklidI’m using has so many holes in it from the CAM spoiler I’ve lost count. Need to patch all those and re-wrap it. Maybe I’ll carbon wrap the roof this time so people think I spent thousands trying to get 7lbs closer to min weight.
My spouse made me order carbon wrap from Vinyl Frog - site looks legit but they're in China and ship from there - it did come in like 4 days though and was cheap. She hasn't tried wrapping it yet but clearly said I can't be driving with a blue trunk lid. Cheap experiment if you want to try that one.