Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
James did you drive it to/from Lincoln and if so were you on the tires/wheels you used for competition?

If not, any subjective comments about the "street friendliness" of the ride and the ground clearance?
Sponsored

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
James did you drive it to/from Lincoln and if so were you on the tires/wheels you used for competition?

If not, any subjective comments about the "street friendliness" of the ride and the ground clearance?
We drove it out there on the ps4s's. Had race set hauled out by rotis. Didn't adjust shocks for the drive but did pull some camber out. Car rides WAY better than when the Koni's were on it. I don't have it super low, about 3/4" lower than stock, so that hasn't been an issue either.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
We drove it out there on the ps4s's. Had race set hauled out by rotis. Didn't adjust shocks for the drive but did pull some camber out. Car rides WAY better than when the Koni's were on it. I don't have it super low, about 3/4" lower than stock, so that hasn't been an issue either.
Thanks and great to know for anyone looking at doing a CAM Light setup.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That or +/- 1/8" seems to be the sweet spot for handling. What springs did you have with the Konis?

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
14102752_10154549539263846_7791833208674175958_n.jpg
Howdy all.

How is the state of the s550 in CAM?

I've taken a four, nearly five year hiatus, after putting my '15 into a wall at a local event, in, not coincidentally, '15.

I did participate in Solo nats for my first and last time, in 2015, in F-Street in a friend's s197 shortly after walling the Stang. I coned the first day, and ended up 30th something, and put away autocross until now. Well actually, until the 2020 season starts.

My '15 had a tree go through the windshield, and dash, in a storm here in Central Texas, and now has a salvage title, 70k miles, and will soon be only an autocross/track day car.

I imagine It will be a two year process to get the car competitive looking at my budget for next year. I think I'll be spending a fair amount of time removing weight and see if I can get the 200 or so lbs, I'm allowed from the 3500ish it is now. That said, I'm free to modify, and cut, at will, on something that has a limited amount of value as anything but a racecar now.

I may be able to swing tires and a lower end suspension package this year, but not a lot else.

Looking forward to reading through all that has happened in this class over the last few years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
14102752_10154549539263846_7791833208674175958_n.jpg
Howdy all.

How is the state of the s550 in CAM?

I've taken a four, nearly five year hiatus, after putting my '15 into a wall at a local event, in, not coincidentally, '15.

I did participate in Solo nats for my first and last time, in 2015, in F-Street in a friend's s197 shortly after walling the Stang. I coned the second day, and ended up 30th something, and put away autocross until now. Well actually, until the 2020 season starts.

My '15 had a tree go through the windshield, and dash, in a storm here in Central Texas, and now has a salvage title, 70k miles, and will soon be only an autocross/track day car.

I imagine It will be a two year process to get the car competitive looking at my budget for next year. I think I'll be spending a fair amount of time removing weight and see if I can get the 200 or so lbs, I'm allowed from the 3500ish it is now. That said, I'm free to modify, and cut, at will, on something that has a limited amount of value as anything but a racecar now.

I may be able to swing tires and a lower end suspension package this year, but not a lot else.

Looking forward to reading through all that has happened in this class over the last few years.
Would love to have you back! Spokes continues to be full of great people to race and hang out with and CAM is becoming a healthy class locally since we combined it into an indexed class where we have S, C, and T running together. I got rid of my Focus and picked up a 17 S550 a few months ago that I'll be moving into CAM sometime over the next year (as budget permits).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Any suspected rule changes or is CAM pretty free still?
I have not heard anything that indicates any rule changes. It's a nice and open class.

Sponsored
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I swear I saw hints of C8 in your future. What are you up to with CAMC?
ha! not pulling that trigger until the Z06 is out and all the inevitable GM bugs are fixed.
the car is getting a makeover this winter, with lots of cooling and aero for much higher speeds. definitely not going to help my CAM campaign but i want to start testing the optima waters, especially after this season ended up being such a bust.
btw, engine is going back together as we speak, and with a little luck, i'll be getting the car next weekend, and flogging it at an SD local event. fingers crossed!

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to have you back! Spokes continues to be full of great people to race and hang out with and CAM is becoming a healthy class locally since we combined it into an indexed class where we have S, C, and T running together. I got rid of my Focus and picked up a 17 S550 a few months ago that I'll be moving into CAM sometime over the next year (as budget permits).

So, can I still run my old numbers, or do I need to cut out the "CA" ?

Look forward to getting back to it.

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So, can I still run my old numbers, or do I need to cut out the "CA" ?

Look forward to getting back to it.
You can keep your numbers as-is. We named the PAX class CA and the sub-classes as MT, MC, and MS, so the full class on your car would still be CAMC. However, if you wanted to run in X instead of with the other CAM drivers, then your class would be XMC.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it look like there is going to be more stock soon of the s550 Bilstein PSS-10's? They seem to be about the best bang for the buck and will max out my suspension budget this year. Even that is probably pushing it.

They were available for a bit at TireRack, then I noticed they were out of stock everywhere when I checked later.
Sponsored