SCCA CAM-C Thread

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Mine were loose on the perches at full droop but still well within the retainers so I never gave it a second thought. I even ran with no sway bar connected, which if it was would further limit the droop of one side if a wheel came off the road.

Trying to remember how much needed to be disconnected to get a spring out. I think it was just a shock (and sway bar), then the control arm could be pushed down enough to swap a spring.
Good to know. Do you have the LCA bearings in place? Any pics of the parts installed or a general "write-up" about orientation of the perches?
I'm also going to raise the front of my car a bit.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good to know. Do you have the LCA bearings in place? Any pics of the parts installed or a general "write-up" about orientation of the perches?
I'm also going to raise the front of my car a bit.
I do have a Steeda LCA bearing and FP knuckle to toe link bearing installed.

This season I am not running the MMI perches so no way to take any pics. MMI does provide some instructions about how to orientate them though so go with that. You'll have to experiment with the orientation of the oblong part that goes up the underside of the control arm to secure the bottom perch. Since the hole isn't round it is a matter of figuring out how to best align it in the arm and match up with the perch. Not a big deal.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were loose on the perches at full droop but still well within the retainers so I never gave it a second thought. I even ran with no sway bar connected, which if it was would further limit the droop of one side if a wheel came off the road.

Trying to remember how much needed to be disconnected to get a spring out. I think it was just a shock (and sway bar), then the control arm could be pushed down enough to swap a spring.
How much? Seems like a good case for a 7" free height spring, particularly if you would want to get a higher ride height anyway.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
First CAM-C event will be in October. Since I've taken 10 years from autocross, I enrolled in the local SCCA "Rookie Skool" in October. I then plan to hit the last 4 events before Christmas (Living in TX has it's benefits) before starting a full season next year. I've spent 3 years doing DE work on various setups with this car, but I think the car is going to be better than the driver at autocross (Thanks to BMacIL's help and guidance).

First session in anger with the new setup will be a track day on Friday, then I'll see how the autocross goes 3 weeks later.

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Hey guys, I have had a few of you reach out with questions so I will address them here. We had a pretty good season in our first year of CAMC prep. 1st place at the Packwwod NT, 1st place at the Packwood Pro Solo, 1st place Packwwod Pro Solo Super Challenge, and 2nd place at NationaIs. I have listed mods before in this thread but here is the down and dirty on the car so far.

Megan Racing coilovers revalved with Bilstein components by Pro Parts USA.
600# front springs and Steeda Dual rate rear springs
19x11 wheels squared
305 30 19 Re71r's
Steeda BIG front bar
Strano rear bar
Steeda rear subframe and diff lockout kits
H pipe with otherwise oem exhaust
Drop in air filter
18lb agm battery

That's pretty much it so far. Stock power and some suspension bits. Didn't even bother to remove rear seat. Overall, the car works very well. I am super happy with the shocks. I am sure I will slowly take weight out of the car and add a little power as my budget permits over the next couple of seasons. You guys can hit me up with any other questions here or via pm.

James

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I remember asking you then, and seeing the pics, but I assumed you had to call/email them about this? I see the off-the-shelf Megan/BC stuff on their site. I'm looking at this or similar to what @SteveW has done with the Vikings. The Viking being double adjustable is quite attractive.

Nicely done again. It's awesome to see a relatively mild budget build do so well. Obviously the nut behind the wheel deserves a lot of the credit, but good job proving it's not all about throwing gobs of money at it.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I remember asking you then, and seeing the pics, but I assumed you had to call/email them about this? I see the off-the-shelf Megan/BC stuff on their site. I'm looking at this or similar to what @SteveW has done with the Vikings. The Viking being double adjustable is quite attractive.

Nicely done again. It's awesome to see a relatively mild budget build do so well. Obviously the nut behind the wheel deserves a lot of the credit, but good job proving it's not all about throwing gobs of money at it.
I've sent a message to them about revalving my Pedders if needed, but haven't heard back from them, yet. I only used the "contact us" link on their site, though.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys, I have had a few of you reach out with questions so I will address them here. We had a pretty good season in our first year of CAMC prep. 1st place at the Packwwod NT, 1st place at the Packwood Pro Solo, 1st place Packwwod Pro Solo Super Challenge, and 2nd place at NationaIs. I have listed mods before in this thread but here is the down and dirty on the car so far.

19x11 wheels squared
305 30 19 Re71r's
Steeda BIG front bar
Strano rear bar
Drop in air filter
18lb agm battery

That's pretty much it so far. Stock power and some suspension bits. Didn't even bother to remove rear seat. Overall, the car works very well. I am super happy with the shocks. I am sure I will slowly take weight out of the car and add a little power as my budget permits over the next couple of seasons. You guys can hit me up with any other questions here or via pm.

James
Congratulations on all the great results this year!

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

I went ahead and ordered the front struts since I really liked how the event went with just the rears but they are delayed shipping out. I may not get to autocross on them this season unless I go south to CA Oct/Nov :-(

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and ordered the front struts since I really liked how the event went with just the rears but they are delayed shipping out. I may not get to autocross on them this season unless I go south to CA Oct/Nov :-(
Where'd you order from? What springs? I'm probably not doing anything major this year...possibly next. Next big things are more camber (tower hole), trying the stiff position on the front bar and getting a new set of rubber on next spring. What I really need to do is get that 19x11 set for that new rubber. I've been surprisingly quick locally on only old 275 Bridgestones, so I can imagine that 305s will work really well.

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Where'd you order from? What springs? I'm probably not doing anything major this year...possibly next. Next big things are more camber (tower hole), trying the stiff position on the front bar and getting a new set of rubber on next spring. What I really need to do is get that 19x11 set for that new rubber. I've been surprisingly quick locally on only old 275 Bridgestones, so I can imagine that 305s will work really well.
Lethal Performance has whole strut kits listed on their site and I ordered the 400lb kit. I'll probably ditch the springs though and go with 550 lb ones like I have now on the V3s. I also ordered J&M camber plates for them from Lethal as well.

19x11s and 305s is an easy to bolt on killer setup :-)

jpaulson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP

Give them a call and ask for Jeff Wong. I don't think they are listed on the site. I can provide dyno plots to anyone interested. Just PM me with an email address to send them to.

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

19x11 wheels squared
305 30 19 Re71r's
Steeda BIG front bar
Strano rear bar
Drop in air filter
18lb agm battery

James
This makes me happy to see. I knew when I bought my car that CAM was my future, especially with the current state of FS, but it's a priority to me to be able to build a car that I can still enjoy on the street, doesn't drain my life savings, but still has a chance of being competitive (ignoring my inconsistent driving).

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
THere are a few of us with "budget" setups making it work. Well, I guess I shouldn't lump myself into the group until my first autocross in a few weeks after years of track days.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This makes me happy to see. I knew when I bought my car that CAM was my future, especially with the current state of FS, but it's a priority to me to be able to build a car that I can still enjoy on the street, doesn't drain my life savings, but still has a chance of being competitive (ignoring my inconsistent driving).
#cheapcamfast
Sponsored