Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You need new long studs and at least 25 mm spacer - Apex or Optimum Performance (who also sells studs and nuts).

Why not go to 305 if you have 11" wheel (short of some gearing considerations) ?

Lug nuts - open ended Ford Performance ones work just fine. In fact I have unused set of SVE 19x11" in the basement I am considering throwing 305 71RS on.
Are the Apex spacers sold in a pair of 2? I canā€™t tell from their description.

We were considering 285/295 since it is still a daily driver.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Great pickup. 25mm spacer. Have to get extended studs at a minimum.

Wouldn't worry about the width on a daily. Just pick the tire you like. Lots of 200tw options.

315/30-19 - Falken 660's
305/30-19 - Kumho V730, Re71rs Stones
295/35-19 - Yokohama A052

Those would be my 4 considerations. I moved to the Yoks this season on my 19x11xs as they're a bit taller and my car sits pretty low.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You need new long studs and at least 25 mm spacer - Apex or Optimum Performance (who also sells studs and nuts).

Why not go to 305 if you have 11" wheel (short of some gearing considerations) ?

Lug nuts - open ended Ford Performance ones work just fine. In fact I have unused set of SVE 19x11" in the basement I am considering throwing 305 71RS on.
Holler on this thread when you finally find some of those 305s in stock! I've been checking daily and haven't found them yet....

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Holler on this thread when you finally find some of those 305s in stock! I've been checking daily and haven't found them yet....
Did you check all the distribution centers for Tire Rack ? They showing low stock so one of them may have it - but either have to call or try searching entering different zip codes for different warehouses.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Did you check all the distribution centers for Tire Rack ? They showing low stock so one of them may have it - but either have to call or try searching entering different zip codes for different warehouses.
Nah, I haven't looked real hard TBH, ours down here is in Louisiana, and it shows out of stock with no expected date for more. I've got 20 runs on falkens, so I got some time. But I may throw SC3s on and do some track days if none pop up soon.

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Great pickup. 25mm spacer. Have to get extended studs at a minimum.

Wouldn't worry about the width on a daily. Just pick the tire you like. Lots of 200tw options.

315/30-19 - Falken 660's
305/30-19 - Kumho V730, Re71rs Stones
295/35-19 - Yokohama A052

Those would be my 4 considerations. I moved to the Yoks this season on my 19x11xs as they're a bit taller and my car sits pretty low.

Which tire would you recommend that would last the longest dailying and racing? Looking for a decent price/performance, saw Firestone 500s for a massive discount in 285/30/19s near me. And by massive I mean $250 a tire.

The more suggestions the better, having not tried different tires ever yet. Tires are a new subject to me, but I don't want to blow the bank.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
None of those are great daily tires as theyll all struggle in rain.
This, and firestones won't be any good in racing, especially if it is really racing (HPDE in beginner group has nothing to do with racing šŸ¤Ŗ )

Also, 285 would fit well on a 10 wheels, these are too narrow for 11's, and 30 profile for that width would look terrible imo.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This, and firestones won't be any good in racing, especially if it is really racing (HPDE in beginner group has nothing to do with racing šŸ¤Ŗ )

Also, 285 would fit well on a 10 wheels, these are too narrow for 11's, and 30 profile for that width would look terrible imo.
Sweet thanks for the help!

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Which tire would you recommend that would last the longest dailying and racing? Looking for a decent price/performance, saw Firestone 500s for a massive discount in 285/30/19s near me. And by massive I mean $250 a tire.

The more suggestions the better, having not tried different tires ever yet. Tires are a new subject to me, but I don't want to blow the bank.
I'd follow nightmares advice. Get a little harder tire like the Firestone, go have fun and learn the car and good technique, d velop skills, then just to a 200 tw tire. The car will driver exactly the same, just more. More grip, more speed, more turning.

Better to learn the car on something cheaper. Well correction, less expensive.šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd follow nightmares advice. Get a little harder tire like the Firestone, go have fun and learn the car and good technique, d velop skills, then just to a 200 tw tire. The car will driver exactly the same, just more. More grip, more speed, more turning.

Better to learn the car on something cheaper. Well correction, less expensive.šŸ˜‰
So true! Thanks Wlto, Nightmare, Mavi. I appreciate your inputs as always. I am always willing to listen to learn, and you guys are great with advice!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So true! Thanks Wlto, Nightmare, Mavi. I appreciate your inputs as always. I am always willing to listen to learn, and you guys are great with advice!
My advice is not to daily drive on your competition tires if you can at all help it. If you cant manage having two sets, then just optimize for a good street tire in your budget.

If you want to be fast at autocross, you donā€™t want to heat cycle (i.e. harden the rubber) on your good competition tires too quickly. You end up with competition tires with plenty of life that just feel dead and slippery to drive on.

In the long run (like 7 or 8 sets of tires later) the upfront cost of a 2nd set of wheels should pay for itself because youā€™re using your street set and your competition ser for only what they were intended for. Both sets will last longer and work better for their entire life cycle.

That said I get that wheels arent cheap and buying an extra set of wheels and tires wont fit into everybodyā€™s budget. Looking back I think I daily drove on my first mustang competition tires for about 4 months before getting a second set of wheels with dedicated steet tires. (My competition set was on F Street legal stock wheels back then). I still use those wheels daily 7 years later.

If I were in your shoes, Iā€™d probably do the 295 A052 tires on those 11ā€ wheels (because theyā€™re good in the rain) and run them until you can afford a street set of wheels and tires, and then only use the 11ā€ wheels for competition after that.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Sweet thanks for the help!
And don't get me wrong, I use firestones for street myself and I swear by them. Amazing tire for the price, waaay better than pirelli crap. I also did a few hpde's with them before I've gotten a dedicated track set, and indys were fine for what they are. Can be driven in beginner/intermediate group no problem. Great for learning.

Just please don't call this racing šŸ¤£

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
And don't get me wrong, I use firestones for street myself and I swear by them. Amazing tire for the price, waaay better than pirelli crap. I also did a few hpde's with them before I've gotten a dedicated track set, and indys were fine for what they are. Can be driven in beginner/intermediate group no problem. Great for learning.

Just please don't call this racing šŸ¤£
Sweet, I had a conversation with the higher power of the house, and we came to an agreement for in the house comp/summer tire storage. (Huge win, all it took was some compliments and a good dinner by yours truly.)

We donā€™t do HPDEvents (yet).
Only autocross events, CAMC. ā€œRacing a clockā€ perhaps?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Sweet, I had a conversation with the higher power of the house, and we came to an agreement for in the house comp/summer tire storage. (Huge win, all it took was some compliments and a good dinner by yours truly.)

We donā€™t do HPDEvents (yet).
Only autocross events, CAMC. ā€œRacing a clockā€ perhaps?
Congrats, problem solved šŸ˜„
Sponsored