Replacing Recaros

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I have minty oem stock red leather recaro seats in my s550. I course track the car often from spring thru fall. With less than 22k on the car the driver seat is still pretty fresh and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm considering either GT350/R seats which are over priced in the used market and are almost never available-OR- aftermarket racing seats. If so is there someone who can point me in the right direction into how to avoid any airbag issues if I do move into aftermarket seats? I need the specifics in making a resistor plug to prevent the airbag light from coming on or triggering something on the vehicle. I plan on removing passenger seat as well as rear seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have minty oem stock red leather recaro seats in my s550. I course track the car often from spring thru fall. With less than 22k on the car the driver seat is still pretty fresh and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm considering either GT350/R seats which are over priced in the used market and are almost never available-OR- aftermarket racing seats. If so is there someone who can point me in the right direction into how to avoid any airbag issues if I do move into aftermarket seats? I need the specifics in making a resistor plug to prevent the airbag light from coming on or triggering something on the vehicle. I plan on removing passenger seat as well as rear seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dont really have a good answer for you here..but if you are selling your recaros at some point, im interested.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Tellme

Since you’re going the opposite of what some do - the links below might be helpful in some aspects. I had posted quite a bit of helpful info in the first link a while ago. The “seat swap” is a common topic discussed on this site and the MODs should sticky it in the Interior Section....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gt-mustang-air-bag-light.131615/#post-2726858

There is this link too from M6G Member @NC GTier with wiring info:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...er-seat-move-ability-fix.130275/#post-2690135

Good luck!

OP
OP
Tellme

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
@Tellme

Since you’re going the opposite of what some do - the links below might be helpful in some aspects. I had posted quite a bit of helpful info in the first link a while ago. The “seat swap” is a common topic discussed on this site and the MODs should sticky it in the Interior Section....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gt-mustang-air-bag-light.131615/#post-2726858

There is this link too from M6G Member @NC GTier with wiring info:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...er-seat-move-ability-fix.130275/#post-2690135

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. What do you mean by I'm doing the opposite?
If my recaros were basic cloth or even black leather, I wouldn't be concerened one bit. But what are the chances of me finding red leather recaros that are in excellent shape down the road....probably never lol

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks for the info. What do you mean by I'm doing the opposite?
If my recaros were basic cloth or even black leather, I wouldn't be concerened one bit. But what are the chances of me finding red leather recaros that are in excellent shape down the road....probably never lol
Why are you worried about finding red leather Recaros down the road?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tellme

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
In case I decide to sell in the future and move on to other things. Nothing can help sell a car faster for more money than a nice clean interior starting with the seats.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
In case I decide to sell in the future and move on to other things. Nothing can help sell a car faster for more money than a nice clean interior starting with the seats.
ive never understood that logic. keeping your car prime for the next owner? i take care of my car as well as i can, but not using some beautiful red leather recaros seems...silly.

thats like never having sex with your girlfriend so she will be fresh for the next person..

to each their own i guess. I would love to have the red leather recaros and use them every single day. plus..i dont buy a car for the intent of selling it. Why opt for the recaros and pay more for them if you wont use them? you are paying more money for different seats now..to..make that money back in the future because your recaros are "new'?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tellme

Tellme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
ive never understood that logic. keeping your car prime for the next owner? i take care of my car as well as i can, but not using some beautiful red leather recaros seems...silly.

thats like never having sex with your girlfriend so she will be fresh for the next person..

to each their own i guess. I would love to have the red leather recaros and use them every single day. plus..i dont buy a car for the intent of selling it. Why opt for the recaros and pay more for them if you wont use them? you are paying more money for different seats now..to..make that money back in the future because your recaros are "new'?
:thumbsup: Good for you my guy

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Then spend a few hundred having the seat re-upholstered when it comes time to sell it.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Leather racing seats is an oxymoron....form over function...
The Mustang/Shelby Recaro seats are not seats designed for racers but rather to make other people believe that you are a racer...

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Leather racing seats is an oxymoron....form over function...
The Mustang/Shelby Recaro seats are not seats designed for racers but rather to make other people believe that you are a racer...
Recaro seats in a street legal car, any car not just Mustang, make me think "poser" more often than not. Now I know there are people who take their car to a track occasionally but the ones I know who are serious have cars they drive on the street and ones that go to the track on a trailer

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Recaro seats in a street legal car, any car not just Mustang, make me think "poser" more often than not. Now I know there are people who take their car to a track occasionally but the ones I know who are serious have cars they drive on the street and ones that go to the track on a trailer
I have been racing and open-tracking for over 30 years and the sport/hobby has changed a lot
Years ago, it was mostly racing with purpose built, full out race cars. Today open- tracking is huge and that is done with mostly street cars with few or no modifications
Part of the reason is that cars have become so much better
My comment on the Recaro was mostly due to the seat not having a crotch opening, which is mandatory for a 5 or 6pts harness.
And there is no way to drive well on a track without a racing seat and harness.
Sponsored

Last edited: