Sponsored

Replacing OEM seats with recaros 19’ Mustang GT 401a

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Looking at a heavily discounted 19 GT 401a that has everything I want except recaro seats. It’s a performance pack so how easy would it be to swap seats? And how expensive from ford are they? The savings may not be worth it if the seats are too expensive. Thank you guys
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Looking at a heavily discounted 19 GT 401a that has everything I want except recaro seats. It’s a performance pack so how easy would it be to swap seats? And how expensive from ford are they? The savings may not be worth it if the seats are too expensive. Thank you guys
It is very easy to swap, you will loose heating / cooling obviously. They're very expensive to buy from Ford - much more expensive than you would pay for them as an option for the car.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Could buy the Ford Performance ones which are same as OEM for $2900.

OP
OP
dom418

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes $3000? Plus shipping the car home would eat up almost $5000 of the savings

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you want Recaros, look on here in classifieds, there’s been quite a few sets listed. Also check the “trade/swap” sub-forum on here too, some members want to trade out for X-seats...

eBay would be another choice to finding front factory S550 Recaros, far less than Ford retail pricing...

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
^^^ exactly this ... or check salvage sites online.

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve swapped the factory seats for Recaros. It’s not difficult at all just very time consuming. You need the wires outta the factory seats. More than likely you have to splice the airbag pig tail into the Recaros. In a perfect world if you can find the bottoms of factory seat you can cut out all the wires you’ll need and make the seats stand alone plug and play. You need the seat belt buckle, wires for the sensor, the seat rail sensor, and airbag sensor. Everything else is useless.

OP
OP
dom418

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys for the responses

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I’ve swapped the factory seats for Recaros. It’s not difficult at all just very time consuming. You need the wires outta the factory seats. More than likely you have to splice the airbag pig tail into the Recaros. In a perfect world if you can find the bottoms of factory seat you can cut out all the wires you’ll need and make the seats stand alone plug and play. You need the seat belt buckle, wires for the sensor, the seat rail sensor, and airbag sensor. Everything else is useless.
What required you to do all of that? Multiple people here have done the swap and plugged them right in.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What? No this isn’t correct. The Recaros are plug and play, no harness work needed, they should just plug in. On my premium car swapping in the Recaros you’ll have one unused stock connector which doesnt plug into the Recaros (for the electronics and heating/cooling which the Rs don’t have) but its fine to leave loose or taped up.

So its just 4 bolts per seat and clicking a couple of harness connectors, very low drama.

FWIW I found somebody to swap seats with who wanted Premium seats instead of the Recaros, so I had to put in a little cash, but nowhere near what new seats cost.

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
What required you to do all of that? Multiple people here have done the swap and plugged them right in.
The seats I got had been cut out of a car so they didn’t have the pressure pad for airbag or the plug for the airbag sensor. If you bought new or “complete take offs” then yes it’s just plug and play.
Sponsored