Sponsored

Reckless Driving

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
[
There are plenty of places and times of day in the US where the road is functionally the same as the Autobahn, better in fact as it is substantially wider with better runoffs. Are you saying that the best American driver is worse than the worst German driver and that Mustangs are inferior to the cheapest car available in the EU that can pass the German safety inspection? Or are you saying that all laws are to be blindly obeyed?
what laws are you proposing should not be blindly followed?
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I like how everybody here is hammering you for speeding..What's the bible verse about those who haven't sinned can cast the first stone :)

Good thing this forum is full of folks who have never sped or done stupid stuff!!
Lot of holier-than-thou OSFA britches here. For sure guys, c’mon let’s get real.

If no one was planning to ever give a V-8 Mustang the beans except on a track, the entire aftermarket would disappear overnight. And then by next weekend nobody would ever again buy a Mustang performance variant.

Let common sense prevail. Use your head about what you’re doing and for God’s sake don’t even think about driving impaired. That’s about as good as it’s ever gonna realistically get. Until of course politicians get their way and all motor vehicles are geo-located and subsequently limited to 10 mph over the prevailing speed limit. Don’t think it isn’t coming but at least it’ll make a few of you happy!

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Speed limit in Cali freeways is 65 but everyone is cruising 80-85 cops don't generally care. Its pretty easy to get in the 90s if you not paying attention with how stable these cars feel at speed. I know to keep it under 100 to avoid getting reckless driving and loosing license. OP got lucky, its not worth it I use to love topping my cars out when I was 18-earl 20s. I got lucky as well live and learn.
That situation (not paying attention and stability of cars) has taught me to love cruise control! Even using the accelerator to pass a car, I've sometimes forgotten that my foot is still on the accelerator 2 minutes later. 😲

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Speed limit in Cali freeways is 65 but everyone is cruising 80-85 cops don't generally care. Its pretty easy to get in the 90s if you not paying attention with how stable these cars feel at speed. I know to keep it under 100 to avoid getting reckless driving and loosing license. OP got lucky, its not worth it I use to love topping my cars out when I was 18-earl 20s. I got lucky as well live and learn.
Same here most interstates and tollways are 65-70mph. There are some where if you’re going 75-80mph in the left two lanes, you’re getting run over. That’s why there are typically 2 right hand lanes, but there’s always at least one person on their phone or something camped in the left lane impeding traffic.

And most of the time it’s safer to keep in the flow of traffic rather than to be the one to slow it down, so I won’t be one that impedes traffic for sure. But the times when you can actually go that fast are at odd hours as traffic is fairly heavy most of the day. You have venture pretty far west of the city during the day and even then there’s state troopers everywhere.

I don’t know, I guess I just have too much to lose at this point to be stupid. Did plenty of stupid stuff in my youth, some of which I won’t tell my kids about until they’re my age LOL. Most of my dumb stuff was not with cars though (outside of a speeding ticket and some obnoxiously loud stereo systems).

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
tbh I sorta see both sides of this posts viewpoints. I'm on record already that street racing is not a good/smart thing to do. My real life experiences are it often happens on roadways with other drivers and traffic which is so not cool. But having driven all over the US of A it's a fact that "speed" limits are not the real limits. Going 90mph in a 80mph zone in North Dakota is like nothing, I got passed by farmers in old F150's going about 110mph. But it very, very, very lonesome other there. Doing 90mph on our 465 loop in Indy going to get you noticed fast. So what is the real speed limit truly? When I lived in Houston driving to work at 65mph in a 55mph I could get rear ended by normal traffic going about 80mph (but typically we were all going about 30mph in gridlock, smh).
I get that going excessive speeds is dangerous, flipside anyone ever drive on I70 in Kansas?? whoo boy that's one endless piece of boring straight highway. But yeah Virginia is, well I'll drop down to 2nd gear for driving thru that state, put the exhaust in quite mode.
Doing 90 on 465 gonna get you noticed for not going fast enough. 😜😜 you know I’m right

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Facts

also driven through colorado and kansas, they dont drive slow at all there, especially not the pickups
I think it’s time we had a draft folks. And I’m not talking Coors Light.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Also not sure why people think I'm lying or trying to trigger people lol. Been stressing about the outcome for a month and just glad it's all over, of course I learned my lesson. The way I see it at least I learned this lesson in my early 20s
Not sure about all areas but a lot of " small towns" will let you pay a fine and not report it to the state so your insurance doesn't take a hit.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not sure about all areas but a lot of " small towns" will let you pay a fine and not report it to the state so your insurance doesn't take a hit.
It was dismissed so nothing at all goes on my record

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Once a speeder, always a speeder. Its in your guts. Been there myself a couple of times but didn't get caught, yet. What I learned from it is "when not to speed". And there are plenty of situations out there, mostly always. So, I keep reminding myself, and became a good driver, finally.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
My $0.02, I generally am a reasonable speed driver, was plenty stupid in my younger years and fortunately have lived to tell it relatively unscathed. I am of the generation that all my stupid stuff was before the internet so no evidence :) anyway, I may be of the totally opposite thinking but if I am going to speed, its gonna be in broad daylight where I can see whats going on to the best of y ability, I don't see too well anymore after dark and there are too many what ifs to think about. Somebody coming around the bend, over the hill, whatever. Not to mention wildlife incidents even on a wide open road with zero traffic. If you are going way fast and a deer runs out, it can be extremely bad. I have hit a few and even at fairly normal speeds, not pretty.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Also not sure why people think I'm lying or trying to trigger people lol. Been stressing about the outcome for a month and just glad it's all over, of course I learned my lesson. The way I see it at least I learned this lesson in my early 20s
i showed up for court to fight a B.S. ‘pacing’ speeding ticket which I got a lawyer to fight (cop said they had measured my speed by following me.. at night… which I knew they had not done).

They all (court and lawyer) forgot to tell me they had dropped the case. Probably because after prosecutors asked the cop he really had no evidence.

if all you did is speed on an empty highway at night, I’m glad they let you off.

next time.. Waze works great with apple carplay. No guarantee, but it helps.

down here in TX some of the highways speed limits are 85. Going triple digits is only 15 over.

since high school I’ve always had an eye out for places where 3x the speed limit was doable without being completely reckless. Some exit ramps might be marked kinda slow. Its not too bad to find the odd exit ramp where 2x the limit is doable with a well driven sports car and great tires. A good spot for 3x the limit however pretty rare and usually just dumb, and never would consider in on a straight road. Anyway I said I look for those spot, not that I attempt it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or are you saying that all laws are to be blindly obeyed
I respect the fact that we are a nation of laws and I respect those that are charged with enforcing them. I don’t agree with every law out there but I do have enough respect for law enforcement that I’m not going to make their job any more difficult than it already is. There’s other avenues to make change that are far more productive. And as I mentioned in a previous post, I have too much to lose. Sometimes (or most times) the risk is just not worth it. And as it relates to this post, I have plenty of tracks to go to if I wanna go fast

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
And as I mentioned in a previous post, I have too much to lose.
This is me for sure. My job involves traveling 200 plus miles a day most days. Getting home safely is of utmost importance to me. I'm gonna try and find some HPDE events this year, I do wanna try what my Stang will do, nowhere to do what these cars can do safely on any public road anymore.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
[

what laws are you proposing should not be blindly followed?
Literally all of them should not be blindly followed. Walked right into that one, must have had your blinders on. But circling back to your point about safety, I am sure you must be in favor of a complete ban on motorcycles.
Sponsored