Sponsored

Recall: #23C35 BODY CONTROL MODULE BCM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

VBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 CLK320 Convertible
So I have the ford performance tune on my ‘20 ecoboost. Would this overwrite or impact the tune since this is a software update? The dealer texted me about this recall and didn’t really answer my question in the text.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So I have the ford performance tune on my ‘20 ecoboost. Would this overwrite or impact the tune since this is a software update? The dealer texted me about this recall and didn’t really answer my question in the text.
BCM is a separate module from the PCM so the tune should be unaffected. I have heard there's a certain process they have to do to connect to the car if it's FP tuned though. So they may hassle you about it but FP will pick up the phone and walk them through it if they're called. I'm sure many people have already gone through this.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have a cobb OTS shelf and took mine in and they did the update and also serviced my transmission.
Not sure which one caused it but it drove strange until I pushed the Cobb tune again.
It was shifting strange but would also surge at normal take off.

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
I just had them come to my house yesterday and they did both the BCM and the transmission flash for my GT500, car is modified and tuned. I flashed it back to stock prior to them getting to my house and when they were done, I flashed my tune back into the car. Car is running just fine.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you haven’t gotten the official notice from Ford yet, it should be coming. I got my letter from Ford corporate in the mail yesterday. Time to complete is “less than a half day” per the letter

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
If you haven’t gotten the official notice from Ford yet, it should be coming. I got my letter from Ford corporate in the mail yesterday. Time to complete is “less than a half day” per the letter
Yes, I received mine yesterday too. My dealer said they can update the software at my house so no need to bring the car to the dealer as long as your dealer has mobile service.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, I received mine yesterday too. My dealer said they can update the software at my house so no need to bring the car to the dealer as long as your dealer has mobile service.
Yeah I might have my dealer do my update at my house also. They can do oil changes here too, so might just have them do it all at once. I’m going to be due for one in the next few weeks anyways

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Mine was supposed to be here yesterday per the usps informed consent but was a no show and still not showing to be here today per informed consent. I even marked as missing mail yesterday.

BD

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I had my friend come to my house and reprogram the bcm. I guess they are using 2024 mustang software to correct the the problem. It's done and it took a ew minutes.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Got the letter yesterday. Sure would be nice if my dealer has mobile service.
MIne is coming out 1/15. When the trans program recall was out, he did it back then using my home wifi connection. He was done in 30 mins. I expect this to be the same

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Got my letter yesterday finally, now just need to find a dealer that I don't have to wait a month to get a service date that's close to me. My selling dealer is always a long wait for any service except oil changes and I do those myself.

BD
Sponsored