Sponsored

Radar Detector mounting locations / pics

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine hangs down much lower for some reason.
Mine did initially, but there are places where you can bend the mount. I bent it in two places to bring it right up against the bottom of the mirror. the top of the V1 Gen 2 is not flat, and you need a little room to let it slide if you want to adjust volume.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Mine did initially, but there are places where you can bend the mount. I bent it in two places to bring it right up against the bottom of the mirror. the top of the V1 Gen 2 is not flat, and you need a little room to let it slide if you want to adjust volume.
My volume is managed thru JBV1.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Mine hangs down much lower for some reason.
kinda reminds me of that old joke about two guys peeing off a bridge; one guy says ā€œman is the water coldā€œ and the other says ā€œand deep too!ā€œā€¦ :cwl::cwl:

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I just put an R3 in my 19 GT and got the generic mirror mount and mirror tap for Uniden and it sits perfectly under my dash cam. Lets me switch from hwy/city easy with plenty of room and great visibility.
IMG_6518.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have this one also. I admit it does not sit as high as the Blendmount in my Corvette but for $75 less than the Blendmount, it does a good job.

I just put an R3 in my 19 GT and got the generic mirror mount and mirror tap for Uniden and it sits perfectly under my dash cam. Lets me switch from hwy/city easy with plenty of room and great visibility.
IMG_6518.jpg

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Here's my R3 and Blackvue dashcam behind
IMG_3139.png
IMG_3141.png

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Donā€™t waste your money.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
On what? The V1? It's the best detector out there.
No. On radar in general. Just use Waze. The police tracker gives you way more advance notice and it's free. Of course you have to trust the millions of users. :wink:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Waze for police alerts is great on routes that are traveled by a lot of people. Not so great on roads that don't see a lot of traffic and/or times of the day or night, when many fellow Waze users may not be on the highway. I use Waze AND a detector and still have managed to get a ticket.....I admit it was on a military base where you are not allowed to have your detector turned on. There definitely were not any Waze police alerts on the base.

No. On radar in general. Just use Waze. The police tracker gives you way more advance notice and it's free. Of course you have to trust the millions of users. :wink:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Waze for police alerts is great on routes that are traveled by a lot of people. Not so great on roads that don't see a lot of traffic and/or times of the day or night, when many fellow Waze users may not be on the highway. I use Waze AND a detector and still have managed to get a ticket.....I admit it was on a military base where you are not allowed to have your detector turned on. There definitely were not any Waze police alerts on the base.
With the V1 you could have it on and not be detected. šŸ˜

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I run waze the entire time I'm driving and got caught on major hwy in the middle of the afternoon because nobody reported him. That's when I decided to pick up the R3. I still keep waze running but I've picked up a couple of MD state troopers that hadn't been reported since I bought it and that's all I needed to be satisfied with my purchase

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I used Waze when I lived in Virginia, it worked for the most part; although I did get a ticket in Emporia from an unmarked cop.

A little off topic but kind of related:
I've tried using Android Auto Waze on my Mustang but whenever it gives me a voice prompt it also resets the volume on my music (Spotify). Has anyone else experienced this? And have they fixed it?

Google maps sometimes resets the volume but it's super rare. Waze would do it every time.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
This, and Waze sucks because people report a "speed trap" any time they see a cruiser. It could be parked in a driveway on the opposite side of a divided highway, but Waze needs to tell you "speed trap ahead". And then, of course, everybody needs to panic brake down from the comfortable 10-15 over the limit they were doing to *exactly* 55mph. Same with "debris in road" for a cardboard box 20' off the shoulder.
Sponsored