First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
HELLO!

Thanks for your opinion.

The thread was about Race ramps.

It's not a Mustang shop. Works well for most suspension and maintenance needs.
I use it for Ceramic installations and paint correction. Keeps things at eye `level.

I do a lot of different types.

You might say some like my work.

The Ferrari is 1959 250 GT California Spyder

The 69 Lamborghini won people's choice at Pebble Beach 2018

And everybody loves an 800hp N/A F12

And then there's the Shelby.
I am pointing out the differences and the possibilities one should consider when buying these portable jacks.

"The thread was about Race ramps."
And as far as I'm concerned it still is, take a pill.

"Works well for most suspension and maintenance needs."
How would you even know that?
"I use it for Ceramic installations and paint correction"
Sponsored

Last edited:

TRM99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, '19 Lincoln MKC,'16 F150, 65 Malibu SS
Amgo Hydraulics. Made in China, but very high quality. The Post is 9' tall and my ceiling is about 14' except for the beam that runs across the middle. The thing moves around like a pallet jack and weighs 2000 lbs. I use two underhoist stands on the side opposite the post to keep it from swaying at all.

20220105_163443.jpg
Thank you very much for the info sir.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you such an asshat?

It's obvious my shop does much more. You don't need an explanation from me.

You are just an antagonist. Go bother someone else.

The jack does it's job and more
So that's the best you got? LMAO Damn those facts get in the way every time.

Have a nice day. <grin>

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Money well spent, they store on the wall, takes up less room than my other floor jacks & stands.

IMG_0272.jpeg
I wish I had that much spare room! We are hanging stuff from the ceiling now LOL but they are definitely nice, I am glad to read many others have had good experiences with them.

OP
OP
Slicktricky

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
So nobody knows if these ramps will work with the HP cars with the lower splitter? 😂

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So nobody knows if these ramps will work with the HP cars with the lower splitter? 😂
Mach 1 supplement shows angle required to get the car on the trailer (7 degrees I think - there is probably some margin in that) - compare to it to the angle of the ramps and you will know - it's a simple trigonometry.

I got race ramps to get my car on the trailer (which sits lower and has smaller approach angle than stock mach 1) and spent some time measuring and calculating to be sure - measured height at the front of the splitter and distance between tire and front of the splitter, calculated angle from that.

Btw - for twice of what these ramps cost you can buy a Quickjack like other suggested - which is way more useful for any maintenance work (allows to remove wheels to start with).

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Yes. I have the one piece 56” ones but am lowered and have the extra lil lip add on. I had to get the add on ramp extenders to use. The ones you have on the first post would be the best option as you can remove a large section to make room for getting underneath.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I think it might. 😁
Those appear to be lower in height vs the other race ramps, thus the angles would be less.

I've seen others cut out a piece of cardboard or hot glue some sticks together that represent the side profile of the race ramp to double check whether they would work for their situation.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Those appear to be lower in height vs the other race ramps, thus the angles would be less.

I've seen others cut out a piece of cardboard or hot glue some sticks together that represent the side profile of the race ramp to double check whether they would work for their situation.
A car with 2 inches of splitter clearance will fit. I have put thousands of cars of all types on these particular ramps. Not an issue.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I know this isn't what you're asking about, but thought I'd point out the wheel cribs don't require you to drive up/clear anything. Simply jack up the car, stick the crib under the tire. Even easier with a jacking rail, you can get both ends at the same time. I'm glad I didn't buy the ramp style, or I'd likely have a problem with my GT350.

As firsttexan kindly pointed out, there are extensions to accommodate lowered cars 👍

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I tossed my ramps. A decent jack and two jack stands is easier IMHO, and a helluva lot less drama than trying to drive up ramps blind.
I know this isn't what you're asking about, but thought I'd point out the wheel cribs don't require you to drive up/clear anything. Simply jack up the car, stick the crib under the tire. Even easier with a jacking rail, you can get both ends at the same time. I'm glad I didn't buy the ramp style, or I'd likely have a problem with my GT350.
I have never had a problem getting a GT350 or GT500 on a proper race ramp. I would prefer this type of lift didn't need them.

But it was bought for specific needs and it's safety and portability.. To get any car within weight limits on my scissor lift

If possible, other setups are better.

There are many different variables that dictate the type of lift you need.

Race ramps fill their need. If you can choose an option that doesn't need them? That's always better.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I have never had a problem getting a GT350 or GT500 on a proper race ramp. I would prefer this type of lift didn't need them.

But it was bought for specific needs and it's safety and portability.. To get any car within weight limits on my scissor lift

If possible, other setups are better.

There are many different variables that dictate the type of lift you need.

Race ramps fill their need. If you can choose an option that doesn't need them? That's always better.
How much would it cost to have your scissor lift recessed into the floor? At nearly $1200 for the 15 foot Race Ramps, it seems like a person could do that himself for less.
Sponsored