Race Ramps

TRM99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, '19 Lincoln MKC,'16 F150, 65 Malibu SS
When I purchased my lift, I looked at the QuickJack, MaxJax, two post lifts, and four post lifts. My wife and I share a garage, so I really didn't want anything permanently mounted in the garage. I ended up buying this. About twice as much as the QuickJack and I don't have to lay under the car any more.

lift.jpg
Whose lift? How high is your ceiling at the point where your car is at?
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Zero, pay attention to the bleeding procedure when setting them up. Also, call & buy from the company, not over the web.

I recently sold an older model of the 5000, for the same, new model. Reason lifts 2 inches higher.

An idea to keep in mind, youtube instructional talks about using a rag to mop up any hyd fluid bleeding the jacks.

You will be adding the fitting, I say build the jacks in the shipping box & bleed.

As the picture shows the hyd fluid was contained. It can take up to times to get all the air bled. The jacks will raise and lower at the same rate with all the air removed.

If they are not the jack that is slow still has air in the system.

Another tip lowering the jack, once down, press the up button for a sec, it will remove the line pressure and make the quick disconnect much easier to disconnect.
IMG_0673.jpeg
Great advice! Thanks for the pointers. I will be doing some research!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
When I purchased my lift, I looked at the QuickJack, MaxJax, two post lifts, and four post lifts. My wife and I share a garage, so I really didn't want anything permanently mounted in the garage. I ended up buying this. About twice as much as the QuickJack and I don't have to lay under the car any more.

lift.jpg
I saw that and was wondering how stable it was considering the design.

Sponsored

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
I like my race ramps as they are light and seem durable....a little pricey though...worked well for my last car. I can't use a lift due to some interference on a portion of my garage.

20210613_093947.jpg
I bought my Race Ramps back in 2012 to use with my GT500. I've also used them to get all four tires up on my Raptor. They are very strong for how light they are. Plus once you get the car up like in the picture, removing the ramp portion gives a lot of room to maneuver. I know they were expensive then, but I'm glad I spent the money. I haven't priced them since...lol.

Last edited:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

lift.jpg
Nice, especially since you have the ceiling height. I would barely get the posts into my garage.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'm wondering what those Race Ramps are made of that make them so expensive. The prices are just ridiculous.
Unobtainium! or Chinese Plastic?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have held up very well under commercial conditions. I have been using them in my wash bay for the last 3 yrs.

In 2015 I paid $1900 for the Bendpak 6000# lift and $600 for the ramps. They sure have gone up.

WP_20161203_16_23_24_Pro.jpg

Hello Mustang owners...

How do you work on the chassis or exhaust with that deal?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Hello Mustang owners...

Ya donā€™t. My father has a lift similar. This type is great for Porsche owners though. But I couldnā€™t recommend this style. They lift like 4ā€™ though.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Been using race ramps for at least a dozen years for oil changes and other stuff on my cars.. Line them up and carefully drive up, front or rear. Easy as pie, and light as a feather. The older I get, the more I appreciate them. They have added years to my maintenance fun.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have held up very well under commercial conditions.

WP_20161203_16_23_24_Pro.jpg
Hello Mustang owners...

HELLO!

Thanks for your opinion.

The thread was about Race ramps.

It's not a Mustang shop. Works well for most suspension and maintenance needs.
I use it for Ceramic installations and paint correction. Keeps things at eye `level.

I do a lot of different types.

You might say some like my work.

The Ferrari is 1959 250 GT California Spyder

The 69 Lamborghini won people's choice at Pebble Beach 2018

And everybody loves an 800hp N/A F12

And then there's the Shelby.

cali spyder.jpg

lambo 1.jpg

WP_20180420_13_58_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_15_02_52_Pro.jpg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Whose lift? How high is your ceiling at the point where your car is at?
Amgo Hydraulics. Made in China, but very high quality. The Post is 9' tall and my ceiling is about 14' except for the beam that runs across the middle. The thing moves around like a pallet jack and weighs 2000 lbs. I use two underhoist stands on the side opposite the post to keep it from swaying at all.

20220105_163443.jpg
Sponsored