Sponsored

Euro Mach 1 Drag Race (Cayman 718 & GT4) ...

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
True when price is not factor.

Let's talk MSRPs.

$141k sticker for that GT4 and you can bet they want $50k over sticker.

Add a $10k supercharger to the Mach 1 and it's goodbye Porsches. Until they hit the curves anyway. :devil:

Bang for the buck, no one can take the Mustang. IMO
For me it comes down to, "What car can I fit in comfortably as a 6'6" freak of nature?" Porsche's are usually for the short people but in all fairness I have not tried to sit in a modern one. I do love Porsches but I love my V8 rumble too.

Yeah, if you threw any forced induction on the Mach 1 and added some rubber to it the story would be completely different. I don't think many realize the Coyote is one of the best motors that respond extremely well to boost. One idea I had maybe later on and that's a big maybe is putting one of those ESS supercharger kits on and sitting around that 600-650 whp mark. Your engine will still remain really reliable and you won't stress too many parts. May need a new clutch depending on how you drive but not a lot else will be needed.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm 6'-1" and built like a linebacker, and fit a Cayman quite well surprisingly. That's why it's on the short list for next fun car, assuming I buy another.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
For me it comes down to, "What car can I fit in comfortably as a 6'6" freak of nature?" Porsche's are usually for the short people but in all fairness I have not tried to sit in a modern one. I do love Porsches but I love my V8 rumble too.

Yeah, if you threw any forced induction on the Mach 1 and added some rubber to it the story would be completely different. I don't think many realize the Coyote is one of the best motors that respond extremely well to boost. One idea I had maybe later on and that's a big maybe is putting one of those ESS supercharger kits on and sitting around that 600-650 whp mark. Your engine will still remain really reliable and you won't stress too many parts. May need a new clutch depending on how you drive but not a lot else will be needed.
Me too. 6'2 250 15 shoe. The footwell is where I have trouble in some Porsches.

911 has never been a problem. Pretty tall guys can fit in em.

I like the Vortech system. Easy bolt on, tons of power potential. I would cap it at about 700.

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Personally would rather have the cayman over the mach1 any day of the week. No offense to the mach1 crew.
I have a Mach 1 on order but I might bail out of it and go back to looking at Caymans just because they fit in my 3rd car garage and it was what I originally wanted.

Mach 1 looks nice, and would be about the same cost for one new as a used Cayman in good shape, but the refinement of the Cayman as well as how it drives just seem really appealing.

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
I didn t own it long at all. I have had several Porsches. I sold this 18 with 6K and bought the mach 1 a year later and had almost $20K left over. It was a PDK which was fast but I guess not fun enough. I think I also didn t like Porsche pricing on things, everything is very expensive from parts to service. Not sure if it was smart but I let it go. Only drove the M1 300 miles from dealer and is now snow bound. Porsche was Small inside, Hoping the mustang is a more enjoyable all around cruiser. Not tracking anything where I think the Porsche would be better. O well.
IMG_0661.jpg
That GTS is amazing
Sponsored