Procharger Question: HO vs Stage 2

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Wants and needs get in the way some times .. Making 600 HP with the HO kit is no problem at all , hooking on the street with street tires is a big problem ..More HP you add the more problem you will have on the street .. At 30 MPH or 70 MPH I nail it my car does the NASCAR shuffle on street tires . Damn near got a wall last week just dipping into the boost to pass a car ..

Going by your post and what you are going to do with the car the HO kit is plenty .. I have zero problems with the 6 rib set up and the smaller intercooler does a great job even here in the Hot FL summers ..The HO kit is very easy to install and will give you zero problems ... Now the tune is the key to a good set up ..If it were me and it's not I would get a custom dyno tune and not a mail order tune .. Big HP numbers are great but some people just don't get it ... 600 HP to the tires is one wild ride on the street and very hard to control or even use all the power that is on tap ..I'm not telling what to do because in the end you will pick what you want anyway ..I'm just giving a clue or two to help you understand what you are getting into ..
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
..More HP you add the more problem you will have on the street .. At 30 MPH or 70 MPH I nail it my car does the NASCAR shuffle on street tires . Damn near got a wall last week just dipping into the boost to pass a car ..

600 HP to the tires is one wild ride on the street and very hard to control or even use all the power that is on tap ..I'm not telling what to do because in the end you will pick what you want anyway ..I'm just giving a clue or two to help you understand what you are getting into ..
This is EXACTLY what has me going back-and-forth on FI ... what's the point if you can't get traction. Part of me just wants to wait until 2020 when I ASSUME the electric motor will be on the front tires to allow an AWD system.

What tires do you have and was the Nascar shuffle at a cooler temp?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
This is EXACTLY what has me going back-and-forth on FI ... what's the point if you can't get traction. Part of me just wants to wait until 2020 when I ASSUME the electric motor will be on the front tires to allow an AWD system.

What tires do you have and was the Nascar shuffle at a cooler temp?
stock tires and temps that day were 86 Deg ..

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Hybrid will be 4 banger ecoboost...to start.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
With the F1 you are talking SERIOUS HP capabilities. I think there is a issue with the F1 fitment under hood depending on pulley size as well. I spent the money and replaced my worn out Nitto's with some MT S/Ss... I have not been on a dyno yet since my E85 conversion but got to believe I am pushing 700+ at the tires...traction on the street is not an issue with these tires unless its under 50 degrees F.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
With the F1 you are talking SERIOUS HP capabilities. I think there is a issue with the F1 fitment under hood depending on pulley size as well. I spent the money and replaced my worn out Nitto's with some MT S/Ss... I have not been on a dyno yet since my E85 conversion but got to believe I am pushing 700+ at the tires...traction on the street is not an issue with these tires unless its under 50 degrees F.
No kidding ? The tires are that good ? Even with my MT 305/45/17R drag radials I can't hook mine at all on the street..:eyebulge:

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you stick in 1st on the street? Just put on my MT s/s this past Friday and I'm having trouble getting the tires to stick in first but I really haven't warmed them up either. They do stick in 2nd though and it feels great.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you stick in 1st on the street? Just put on my MT s/s this past Friday and I'm having trouble getting the tires to stick in first but I really haven't warmed them up either. They do stick in 2nd though and it feels great.
I have 305/35/19's... warm them up and yes I can hook in first. Otherwise like you mentioned second is usable now. With the Nittos third wasn't available unless I heated them up.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Well at least you are hooking in second gear , I may have to get a set and try them as my daily driver tires ..Are they any good in the rain ?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well at least you are hooking in second gear , I may have to get a set and try them as my daily driver tires ..Are they any good in the rain ?
Lol...NNNNOOOOOOO. Get caught in the rain might as well walk.
Expect about 5k out of them as far as longevity.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Mine are 305/35/19's as well. Glad to hear they stick from a first. They are very soft I don't doubt 5k. I'm trying not to use mine as daily driver tires but it's going to be hard going back to the stock pirellis :headbonk:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Lol...NNNNOOOOOOO. Get caught in the rain might as well walk.
Expect about 5k out of them as far as longevity.
Ok I get it .. I looked them up and it's the old drag radial like I had one my 18 inch rims ..I was thinking the SS was a street type tire .. They don't make it in a 17 anyway that's why I went with the new M/T 305/45/17R drag radials ..They have zero tread , just a line or two so you can see the wear bars ..
Sponsored