Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Install

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am wrapping up the Procharger stage 2 install with D1SC and race bypass upgrade, can't wait to drive it. I did run into a few snags along the way. Let me just say I am by no means a mechanical expert but I have installed a Paxton kit on my 14 GT and a HP twin turbo kit on my 02 Z06(both sold), so it wasn’t completely foreign.

I had a tough time getting the rubber 90 that comes off of the supercharger and goes to the bypass pipe installed without kinking. I eventually trimmed the rubber 90 too much and had to use a 3” metal elbow from the parts store so it wouldn't kink up. I am debating on purchasing another rubber elbow from Procharger and giving it another go.

Also, I am not too sure I like the way the intake pipe sits on the SC. It is jammed in there with the race bypass valve, no room. I installed the bypass valve as far forward as it can go to try and free up some space but still pretty tight. That rubber elbow took me over an hour to get on there. PITA!!! Can I just toss a small filter (do they make these) over the SC, or maybe a screen? If I do that, I plan to put breathers on the valve covers but what about the vacuum line that comes from the "Y" behind the manifold and T's into the other hoses off of the valve covers? Can I just cap that line off?

Another issue I had was belt fitment. The provided belt would not go on no matter what I did. I tried to get the belt started a little and then turn the crank in hopes it would pull itself on. Yea, that wasn't working either. The belt was so tight that it loosened the crank bolt when I was turning the crank to try and get the belt on. I went to Napa and bought a belt that was a 1/2" longer. Still a tight fit but eventually worked itself on there by turning the crank.

Overall it wasn’t too bad of an install. I am sure it would have been a little easier with another set of hands. I still have the JMS BAP to install and I am waiting to hear from Lund about what to data log.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Biggest tips.

1) The race valve is a tight tight tight fit, that requires careful timing to get it to fit.
However, that is because its a "race" part, that usually is only installed in cars being cut and trimmed for race applications or HP levels 750-800rwhp. The standard valve fits very very easily, and works great up the the power levels listed above.

2) When putting hoses on, spray glass cleaner inside of the tube and they go right on. I have fought couples myself for 10-15min, then a quick spray and BOOM it goes right on. :)

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't have the Procharger but posting pictures would prolly help quite a bit. Also, I'm fairly certain there is a belt tensioner on the S2 kit.. I wouldn't be using a different belt other than what they sent. Also, the belt did not loosen your crank.. compression did, especially if you had the spark plugs still installed. Make sure your crank is properly torqued.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Pretty sure it wasn't compression as I was easily turning the motor over with the crank bolt prior to trying to put the belt on and it didn't come loose, even with plugs in. The new crank bolt is torqued to the specs Procharger recommended in the instructions. That belt they gave me was not going on no matter what I tried. I maxed out the tensioner to allow for maximum play and it still wasn't close. I will try and get some pictures up.

Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I don't know about you but the silicone inlet procharger provider me for my blower was way too small. It is a piece they source from a vendor and quality control must've been non existent when that piece got into my kit, my inlet elbow was slightly smaller than the blower, so it wasn't going to fit. I had to go make my own.

I also was sent the wrong belt for my kit.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea, that elbow was a real challenge to get on there. I do not like the way it fits. I took the bypass valve out of the way to see how the fitment was going to be and it wasn't any easier, definitely smaller than the inlet.
What did you use to make your own? Where did you get it?

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
The inlet is a struggle but it does fit, after doing a few of them you kind of start to figure it out. it really takes two sets of hands, one to hold and one to tighten the clamp, lubrication and some heat really work wonders. I also always cut the blower discharge tube but as always when you cut anything start with small amounts and work your way up..lol

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The inlet is a struggle but it does fit, after doing a few of them you kind of start to figure it out. it really takes two sets of hands, one to hold and one to tighten the clamp, lubrication and some heat really work wonders. I also always cut the blower discharge tube but as always when you cut anything start with small amounts and work your way up..lol
I've seen the ones that fit... and the ones that don't are a lot smaller than the ones that fit. There's a supply quality issue with them.

I boiled, and lubed mine. Between the three guys there with me doing the install, all of us have a ton of knowledge in SC installs. It was just a bad part.

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
I boiled, and lubed mine.
Bro I'm not sure you should boil it before you lube it.... maybe just go with the warming lubricant..lol

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
They are tight, we knew that.
However I am going to go out and check all the elbows in inventory, and test fit them on blowers, just to double check.

DOUBLE CHECKED:
They are correct, its a 3.5" elbow that gets stretched over the inlet.
The inlet is 3.75" inches so it takes some effort.
However the last thing we want is it coming off, and getting sucked in the blower.
Lube, and a flat blade screw driver (or pick tool) to work the silicon around the edge, and it will go on. :)

Last edited:

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are tight, we knew that.
However I am going to go out and check all the elbows in inventory, and test fit them on blowers, just to double check.

DOUBLE CHECKED:
They are correct, its a 3.5" elbow that gets stretched over the inlet.
The inlet is 3.75" inches so it takes some effort.
However the last thing we want is it coming off, and getting sucked in the blower.
Lube, and a flat blade screw driver (or pick tool) to work the silicon around the edge, and it will go on. :)
The one you sent me was not a 3.5". I think you sent me a broken one, it had some rather thick material which made the inside diameter closer to 3.3"

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would like to hear what you did to make it work.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like to hear what you did to make it work.
I bought a 3.75" elbow, and a 3.75" piece of straight silicone, and put a piece of slightly smaller pcv pipe in the middle and clamped them together. Same length as the procharger piece, just slightly larger. I clamped it down good, and it hasn't budged since.

I chucked the supplied elbow procharger gave me in the trash.
Sponsored