Sponsored

whipple gen 3 stage 2 vs procharger

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I like both. I don’t regret my choice to go Procharger. Has been good to me, no issues. Drives to to track and drives back. 9000 trouble free miles.

bklynpanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
That's scary was there some sort of heat issue under the hood on a road course that caused that fire ?
Nope. 2 minute drive down the street. Barely made it out of the car. Most likely fuel line popped off. No room for error under the hood with the scorching hot pipes

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
what are the power goals of the car, do you plan on building the engine, what fuel are you going to use?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
what are the power goals of the car, do you plan on building the engine, what fuel are you going to use?
Most people just want to know what’s gonna get them the most looks at cars and coffee.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Most people just want to know what’s gonna get them the most looks at cars and coffee.
this...

something about rolling up with a chute..

beef_2018_mustang_gt.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
First of all, I'd say don't buy based on price/cost savings. There isn't really that much of a difference in cost between the two and you don't want to choose the cheaper option to be disappointed later if you only spent a little bit more.

That being said they're both solid choices. Gen 3 whipple has shown some amazing results. I'm very happy with my Procharger though, and have no regrets.

If you want similar power delivery to a Whipple, wastegate your Procharger. I was in this same descision process as you are now, I chose a Wastegated Procharger for the best of both worlds.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
My experience with both styles over the years has been that positive displacement style (Whipple, Kenne Bell, etc) has that nice punch right off of idle and the torque curve stays pretty flat throughout the RPM band. Centrifugal like the Procharger, in my opinion, are more beneficial for cars that will see high RPMs more consistently, like at the track. That being said, you can still have a hell of a time with either and its ultimately going to depend on what YOU want out of it. For me, if its predominantly a street driven, non competing car, without a doubt the Whipple. If you frequent the track, I'd say either or but I feel you'd get the most bang for your buck with the Procharger as the boost will build more consistent with the RPM rise, which is better suited for track use.

OP
OP
metallicats

metallicats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2015
I want a car who can ride in the street and have a nice ride,but i want to hit the 9sec at the strip,maybe one day build the engine.I'm in Canada and we have a big difference between US dollard.Here a whipple with the installation cost about 13000$

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
My 2018, that looks stone stock... sounds stone stock....
Has a blacked out intercooler, and stock tires.

But just put a whooping down on Supercharged V10 R8's....

Wait whhhhhhatttttttt ;)

Speak softly, carry a big stick. :)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
My 2018, that looks stone stock... sounds stone stock....
Has a blacked out intercooler, and stock tires.

But just put a whooping down on Supercharged V10 R8's....

Wait whhhhhhatttttttt ;)

Speak softly, carry a big stick. :)
i prefer walking tall
and carrying a big stick lol

2004_walking_tall_035.jpg

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Deff go Procharger with a Big Red race BOV if you want the most looks at cars and coffee lol. both will get you low 9s with a 6r80 when setup right. I personally love the low end torque of the Whipple so that's the route I went

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I don't think you will be disappointed by either route. Do A LOT of research and choose what you will be happy with. I went the Whipple route... and love it. It also will turn some heads lol
Sponsored