Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Install

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
One more hiccup on my system...Rev Auto finally discovered that one of the issues I was having at high rpm was a collapsing vacuum line from the (I think) IMRC. The hose from ProCharger just wasn't strong enough to hold open. I don't think it's necessarily a PC issue, I may have just gotten some bad luck there. So they've replaced that. Another hiccup was the IMRC getting stuck open/closed. I feel like the IMRCs are such a hassle but at this point they have the driveability worked out perfectly with them operational. Adam is going to make some more revisions to the tune and I should have my car back soon - no surging, no high-rpm dead pedal, better low-end power with proper functioning IMRC. Light at the end of the tunnel...
Sponsored

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Resurrection from the dead. Is everyone's surging/bucking issues gone?

I am having issues with mine. When running low boost or slight vacuum and shifting up to the next gear, my car bucks hard. Will stop bucking If you go WOT , or let off it. It bucks violently when it does it.

Tuner thinks its the a surge valve issue, PC thinks it in the tune. But everyone in this thread seems to have solved their surge issues. My car has super fast throttle response, and great low end, and is tuned great, but you cant drive it part throttle unless you are just poking around. 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 shifts don't have issues. Its just 1-2 and 2-3, and 3-4. It seems like my tune is similar to Z06psi, but my car still has bucking issues.

Sometimes it seems like it bogs a little after the shift. I give it gas and it doesn't go in relation to the throttle input. Then other times its fine, and then the last scenario as I explained above, (wild bucking).

I am doing some more datalogs to send to my tuner. Seems like some people have changed the manifold, added breathers, changed hose routing, etc.

Is anybody running a D1 either stage 1 or stage 2 that has

1. Hosing specified like in the procharger manual
2. Proflow standard valve
3. 2015 manifold
4. Custom tune
5. No breathers (see #1)

AND has NO bucking surging issues at ALL? I mean so good, you couldn't make it do it if you tried to?

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R

I am having issues with mine. When running low boost or slight vacuum and shifting up to the next gear, my car bucks hard. Will stop bucking If you go WOT , or let off it. It bucks violently when it does it.

Tuner thinks its the a surge valve issue, PC thinks it in the tune. But everyone in this thread seems to have solved their surge issues. My car has super fast throttle response, and great low end, and is tuned great, but you cant drive it part throttle unless you are just poking around. 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 shifts don't have issues. Its just 1-2 and 2-3, and 3-4. It seems like my tune is similar to Z06psi, but my car still has bucking issues.

Sometimes it seems like it bogs a little after the shift. I give it gas and it doesn't go in relation to the throttle input. Then other times its fine, and then the last scenario as I explained above, (wild bucking).

I am doing some more datalogs to send to my tuner. Seems like some people have changed the manifold, added breathers, changed hose routing, etc.

3. 2015 manifold
4. Custom tune
5. No breathers (see #1)

AND has NO bucking surging issues at ALL? I mean so good, you couldn't make it do it if you tried to?
It's a torque/inverse torque table issue along with driver demand tables. A lot of people still have it to varying degrees.

I've had mine pretty much eliminated, but then it caused other issues like WOT hesitation issues, so I traded one issue for another, then my tuner quit on me. So I'm back to square one.

I can tell you this, I've driven procharged tuned cars that had stock kit boost and only do this a little bit, then I've driven stage 2 cars that do it a lot.

I've driven lund tuned cars that also surge a little bit, and some a whole lot. The variations in the car's strategies make it difficult to dial in with the procharger.

It also still surges with the proflow valve and the red race valve.

Your car bogging after the shift is similar to what mine does/did. It is a combo of the torque/inverse tables not set right and driver demand. My issue was I could completely floor it, pedal registers as WOT as well, but it would literally feel like I was punching it from 1500 in 5th, when I was hitting it from 4000 in 2nd, which should be explosive, after about 3 seconds the car would take off like a rocket.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Your car bogging after the shift is similar to what mine does/did. It is a combo of the torque/inverse tables not set right and driver demand. My issue was I could completely floor it, pedal registers as WOT as well, but it would literally feel like I was punching it from 1500 in 5th, when I was hitting it from 4000 in 2nd, which should be explosive, after about 3 seconds the car would take off like a rocket.

Maybe have these guys sent this Lund tune over....

[ame]

Says they have 800 miles on her now, with no issues.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt

3. 2015 manifold
4. Custom tune
5. No breathers (see #1)

The only thing that is different in my setup is i have the p1. I get no surging and bucking at all. The only thing i get weird with my setup is once i hit 3rd gear at the same throttle as the other gears the car seems to want to take off like crazy on me, almost like its getting way more throttle input. However car drives and acts like stock otherwise. This is a lund tune btw.

Sponsored

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
The only thing that is different in my setup is i have the p1. I get no surging and bucking at all. The only thing i get weird with my setup is once i hit 3rd gear at the same throttle as the other gears the car seems to want to take off like crazy on me, almost like its getting way more throttle input. However car drives and acts like stock otherwise. This is a lund tune btw.
Mine does the 3rd gear thing too. It's like the throttle is doubled. This makes my problem worse. If you keep your foot the same throttle position and shift up to 4th at about 3500 to 4k rpm. Mine will start bucking like crazy.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
In some of the calibration the gear/load tables are in a weird spot.

That was one of the issues we ran into early on, we could get a good dyno out of the car, then hit the street and it felt stock. That has been resolved though, and now when you drive it, you have to figure out how to get traction in the monster in 1/2/3rd gear. 4th well... that hooks LOL

Lund can get you taken care of I am sure of it. :cheers:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have just over 150 miles on my HO Kit with the latest tune from Procharger and so far so good , no bucking or surging ..Car drives great and no strange problems ..Only problem I'm have is coolant leaks ..I have one leak at the surge tank and one at the water neck ..Both are driving me crazy . The only other item is the trans shift is very soft ..I asked Procharger about the soft shift and they said they don't mess with the factory shift firmness settings , I wish they would have .. I'm pretty darn happy with it , so much so I just sent the 49.00 bucks in for the extra 2 year warrantee ..

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I only get surging at highway speeds when trying to accel, with a steady pedal increase. Happens at the boost/vaccuum threshold.
Also, if I put then car in 3rd gear and floor it from 3k to redline, it feels like a dog/pulls crazy timing. If i start the wot sweep at 4k+, the car screams/doesn't pull timing. Feels like a totally different car.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I only get surging at highway speeds when trying to accel, with a steady pedal increase. Happens at the boost/vaccuum threshold.
Also, if I put then car in 3rd gear and floor it from 3k to redline, it feels like a dog/pulls crazy timing. If i start the wot sweep at 4k+, the car screams/doesn't pull timing. Feels like a totally different car.

Damn.. I might wait another 4-5years before going FI so they can get the bugs works out. That would annoy the piss out of me.

Sponsored

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Boosted for 3000 miles almost here. Lund tuned. Only experience occasionally surging, but it really doesnt bother me, most of the time I forget, until I get an email from someone bumping this thread. Thanks jerks.

But seriously, Im enjoying the hell out of my setup. Racecar life.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
At this point, there are plenty of people that don't have those issues.
(one posts about 2 replies down)

I think you have sent in a datalog before at the track.
Why not send in another one when this "issue" happens, and see if we can help pin point what might be going on.

Something is odd with your car, and has been since day one almost. :(

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's for sure, its definitely odd. But... I still enjoy driving the car, i really have to make the car surge in order for it to happen. I can do normal highway cruising with no issues.

I haven't taken it a apart yet because the thing is so damn fast, to me. I have had a run in with a 800 wheel ctsv, GTR that runs 10.40s, 10 second z06, and didn't have an issue with any of them, and my car wasn't even running 100% at the time.. I feel if the car had a aftermarket stall in it, it would go 9s no problem.

At this point, there are plenty of people that don't have those issues.
(one posts about 2 replies down)

I think you have sent in a datalog before at the track.
Why not send in another one when this "issue" happens, and see if we can help pin point what might be going on.

Something is odd with your car, and has been since day one almost. :(

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I have just over 150 miles on my HO Kit with the latest tune from Procharger and so far so good , no bucking or surging ..Car drives great and no strange problems ..Only problem I'm have is coolant leaks ..I have one leak at the surge tank and one at the water neck ..Both are driving me crazy . The only other item is the trans shift is very soft ..I asked Procharger about the soft shift and they said they don't mess with the factory shift firmness settings , I wish they would have .. I'm pretty darn happy with it , so much so I just sent the 49.00 bucks in for the extra 2 year warrantee ..
Coolant leak?
The surge tank sounds like the fitting needs to be put in a bit tighter.
Did the o-ring get pinched from the water neck? thats odddddddd.

Damn.. I might wait another 4-5years before going FI so they can get the bugs works out. That would annoy the piss out of me.
See post above. :)
Sponsored