Procharger Stage 2 Install

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
What did you see with the 4.75?

ProchargerTech - will dropping from a 5.00 to 4.50 pulley roughly add 4lbs of boost? I am at 12.9 now.
About every .15" drop is a psi.... give or take depending on the car and cam angles.
Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I have the 4.5 right out of the box and I am seeing 14-15 psi.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the 4.5 right out of the box and I am seeing 14-15 psi.

Okay. Maybe I will throw that pulley on. Would probably make 15-16. Should be okay with E85.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Looks like the surge is 99.9% removed using the 15 manifold, breathers, a plastic inlet, and some good tuning.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Looks like the surge is 99.9% removed using the 15 manifold, breathers, a plastic inlet, and some good tuning.
Is Lund doing your tuning?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Got a new tune revision from Lund this morning. So far the surge is completely gone!!!! Also the boost comes in much earlier, much earlier. I will report back in a couple of days. He actually had a Procharger car in house this last week so he was able to spend some time on it.

If you have a Lund tune I would suggest getting back with John. I have a huge smile on my face.

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Got a new tune revision from Lund this morning. So far the surge is completely gone!!!! Also the boost comes in much earlier, much earlier. I will report back in a couple of days. He actually had a Procharger car in house this last week so he was able to spend some time on it.

If you have a Lund tune I would suggest getting back with John. I have a huge smile on my face.
Awesome!

I JUST sent him the initial cruise logs for mine today. Great to hear.

I wasn't necessarily having surge probs per se, but I'll welcome some performance improvements.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

At about what rpm does it become clear you have a centri under the hood? Is there a noticeable bump in power if you are keeping shifts at around 3,000 rpm?

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
At about what rpm does it become clear you have a centri under the hood? Is there a noticeable bump in power if you are keeping shifts at around 3,000 rpm?
I think there was some significant changes done. I have a mid-range now.

Just so I have a good comparison from last night, I am going to go do some datalogging tonight with the same air temperature so it's somewhat apples to apples.

I just drove it home from work and I can report there is no surge anymore. Looks like Lund got it whipped. I mean zero. I did 3rd and 4th gear runs from 1500 to 6500 and no surge present at all. My first impressions is that he changed some cam timing for more midrange and less at higher rpms. Like I said I want to take it back out tonight with cooler temps (It's in the mid 90s now) and see how it does. My AFR is 11.0 and from what I can tell at WOT the gauge is somewhat accurate. John thinks I am running too much boost at 14psi.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I think there was some significant changes done. I have a mid-range now.

Just so I have a good comparison from last night, I am going to go do some datalogging tonight with the same air temperature so it's somewhat apples to apples.

I just drove it home from work and I can report there is no surge anymore. Looks like Lund got it whipped. I mean zero. I did 3rd and 4th gear runs from 1500 to 6500 and no surge present at all. My first impressions is that he changed some cam timing for more midrange and less at higher rpms. Like I said I want to take it back out tonight with cooler temps (It's in the mid 90s now) and see how it does. My AFR is 11.0 and from what I can tell at WOT the gauge is somewhat accurate. John thinks I am running too much boost at 14psi.
Thanks for the response. Does it feel much faster than stock at part throttle under 3,000ish rpm? Trying to gauge what sort of difference there is (vs. stock) during day-to-day driving. I know the centris bread and butter is in the upper rpm ranges, but hoping there is something noticeable down low as well.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yes there is a huge difference down low. I would say the throttle response is much more immediate but also the boost starts coming in as well. I will write my perceptions down after I datalog tonight.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for the response. Does it feel much faster than stock at part throttle under 3,000ish rpm? Trying to gauge what sort of difference there is (vs. stock) during day-to-day driving. I know the centris bread and butter is in the upper rpm ranges, but hoping there is something noticeable down low as well.
It doesn't feel much faster to me until you are at 75% throttle or more down low. As soon as you go WOT you will begin building boost as long as you are in the right gear.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I did not log due to rain showers here and the fact I had a concern about the JMS BAP setup with the new tune.

The throttle tip in and ramp is extreme. Half throttle is full throttle but the pluses outweigh the minuses. There is actually zero surge that I can tell you. Also boost comes on earlier and a lot harder. I was concerned about the JMS BAP pedal activation in relation to how fast the ramp is now on the throttle. John said it is a non issue so I will be WOT logging tonight unless we have rain again.

My car is going on the dyno Saturday morning to see what she is doing. John did state it might be awhile before we get to see a ghost cam supercharger tune though.
Sponsored