Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@LikeMike The matte part doesn't have PPF on mine. My detailer had precut hood glossy PPF which includes the glossy part of vinyl and precut matte PPF for the matte part of the vinyl, we tried it with it but it had air bubbles so it was removed and only ceramics was put on the matte part. The matte part is pretty rough and looks quite resilient, lot more than the glossy part of the vinyl.

The only disadvantage of putting PPF on the glossy part of the stripe is that you'll basically lose the Mach 1 logo in it, i wrote about that before. There's issues no matter what you choose. I'll have the logo re-created on top of PPF.

Possibly the best solution is to remove the stripe, put PPF on the hood and then put new stripe on the PPF and apply ceramics on it to protect it from holograms on the glossy part. Or to cut around the stripe if they can do it precisely.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@LikeMike The matte part doesn't have PPF on mine. My detailer had precut hood glossy PPF which includes the glossy part of vinyl and precut matte PPF for the matte part of the vinyl, we tried it with it but it had air bubbles so it was removed and only ceramics was put on the matte part. The matte part is pretty rough and looks quite resilient, lot more than the glossy part of the vinyl.

The only disadvantage of putting PPF on the glossy part of the stripe is that you'll basically lose the Mach 1 logo in it, i wrote about that before. There's issues no matter what you choose. I'll have the logo re-created on top of PPF.

Possibly the best solution is to remove the stripe, put PPF on the hood and then put new stripe on the PPF and apply ceramics on it to protect it from holograms on the glossy part. Or to cut around the stripe if they can do it precisely.
It basically sounds like if you don't have a specific color of Mach 1, you can't do PPF on the vinyl emblem because of the differences.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

I see thanks

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I think I might be the only one who wants a satin clear wrap (for a shadow black). Everyone is focused on the matte portion decal and I'm not really sure what to do with the glossy part!

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I was told the same, it also costs your second leg (PPF costs arm and first leg). I'll rather use just lot cheaper nano sealant in spray every 3 months or so for the same effect as ceramics would have on the already superhydrophobic XPEL.
Wolfgang Si02 silica spray is AMAZING on clear coat and/or PPF.
If properly applied and cured, you can easily get 100+ washes out of it before it needs touch up.
I re-apply every so often because...why not? And it does layer a little so the shine and slickness is wicked awesome!

Sponsored

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
could anyone chime in on why knifeless tape placed around the vinyl emblem's outer edges isn't the easy way to bulk install a single PPF sheet over the whole hood? I have 3m bulk PPF was going to try the Knifeless tape with a single sheet, but I feel like I am missing something.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
could anyone chime in on why knifeless tape placed around the vinyl emblem's outer edges isn't the easy way to bulk install a single PPF sheet over the whole hood? I have 3m bulk PPF was going to try the Knifeless tape with a single sheet, but I feel like I am missing something.
Knifeless tape won't cut trough the PPF the way it goes through vinyl. PPF is much thicker and stronger. Also, PPF goes on wet with soapy water and is stretched across the panel, which will probably cause knifeless tape to move.

You have to use an actual utility knife.

I've Installed plenty of both.
Sponsored