Sponsored

Poll: Where do you get your oil changed?

Where do you get your oil changed?

• Total voters

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Having experienced and heard of bad oil change experiences at car dealerships, I'm curious where you all go to have your oil changed...
Sponsored

MX915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500, 2022 Mustang GT Premium
DIY here. Its really not difficult. Got a set of race ramps and a BIG (capacity and footprint) drain pan and the GT is a pleasure to do compared to my F150.

The drain plug is always an area of concern, but I find if you just commit and pull it out as fast as you can there is
almost no mess.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
DIY Myself too. Just run up on the ramps. Slide under with a big pan and letter rip. Filter is a bit of a pain but not too bad. A little brake cleaner when I'm done to clean up and good to go. Dump 2 5 quart jugs in and on my way. Learned the hard way though. Make sure I haven't driven before starting. That oil gets HOT

Sponsored

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
2 five quart jugs of Mobil 1 and Ford Motorcraft filter and about an hours worth of time for less than $70. No brainer IMO provided u have the place to do it.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Do it yourself, it's very easy to do and you'll develop a skill. Plus manual labor gets me relaxed.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
DIY. Race Ramps work great. Femco, UPR and others have product lines to make draining the oil easy. Several companies on-line offer any oil and filter you can imagine.

When I do find I cannot DIY any more, I'll seek out a local shop I can trust and have them do it, using the oil and filter I provide.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Change mine myself in my garage. Have a set of race ramps. Since my first vehicle when I was 16, I have always changed my own oil, have never had anyone else do it for me. Plan on changing it myself until I am no longer able to.

Doug

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
I can count on one hand the times someone else has changed my oil for me. Same as others, a set of ramps and a good drain pan and I'm good to go. I save a bit on maintenance and I also check out other things while I'm under the car so it's a win-win.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm a dirty peasant so take it to the dealership since they installed the Supercharger I know they have the oil that goes with it. I have enough Ford Points that I just let it ride.

I have the world's smallest garage (not much wider than the door. About 8" in either side) + share a driveway with neighbors so changing it there is no ideal.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Change it myself...I've done that with all my cars. I don't think I've ever had a shop or dealer ever change the oil in anything I've had. Cheaper, I get exactly what I want, I know it's done right and I save time by not having to drive it somewhere and wait. Plus it allows me to review what the oil looked like and check for any other leaks.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
I'm getting old as I have always done my own. For the last few years I take mine to a higher end shop that I honestly trust here in town that I personally know the owner, and the shop manager is my best friend.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
This old man can no longer crawl under a vehicle! I take mine to the dealer where I purchased the car (Phil Long Ford of Chapel Hills). So far so good! I purchased a package of synthetic oil changes and tire rotations and it’s a pretty good deal for me as I put lots of miles on my car.
Sponsored