Sponsored

Poll: Where do you get your oil changed?

Where do you get your oil changed?

• Total voters

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I used to do all my oil changes & brake jobs but this old man doesn’t get around like I used to so I’m guilty of using my Ford points at the dealer.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I take mine to the dealership. It’s not a matter of ability as I used to do it all the time. More of a time thing now with both of my kids involved in a lot of things, work, etc. I have 2 dealers that I trust and that do excellent work so I have no issues with them doing the work. If I didn’t have those options, I would likely be doing it myself.

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Dealership I bought my car from has free lifetime oil changes. It's against every fiber of my being, but I take it there for the oil changes. Otherwise, I'd do it myself as with every other car I've ever owned.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My local mechanic shop that I've used for about a decade for tires and oil changes. I know the guys there and I hang out around the car while the works being done. I provide the oil and filters and tires when I need them.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My driveway, with a floor jack and a drain pan. I did install the femco assy last oil change, so will be a piece of cake next time. I'm old and don't get around good at all but being a retired auto tech. There is no way I'm taking it to a shop, I know how those tech's are and they ain't touching mine!

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
Having experienced and heard of bad oil change experiences at car dealerships, I'm curious where you all go to have your oil changed...
Thanks everyone for replying and/or completing the poll. I am a bit surprised that so many do their own oil changes. But I do understand why. Be safe and happy motoring.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I do my own.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I use the quick lube shop here For a few reasons. 1. No garage and driveway is hard gravel 2. At 63 getting Down under a car and back up looks like a new type of dance. 3. Thats where the city here takes all their vehicles.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I do all mine, other than the '19 truck as the dealership doubled the factory warranty if they do it. So it goes in for the "works" full syn oil service.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm the lone other vote so far, so wanted to expand. I'm very lucky to have a neighbor who's also a close friend and a used car tech at a dealership. I buy my own oil and filter, but he takes me up to the dealership on Sunday mornings when service is closed and I'm able to use his lift for all the maintenance needs of my cars.

He's also helped me install most of the aftermarket parts on my car too. And by help I mean he watches me for about 10 mins, gets frustrated because I'm slow, takes over and makes me a glorified tool schlep.

SLB_GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP, Magnetic Gray.
DIY for sure. Generally speaking, I feel no shop is going to match my level of attention and care into servicing my vehicles. Plus, it's oddly satisfying to wrench on my own vehicles.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I take it to my local oil alley place. I normally do all work on my cars. But after reading how the oil goes everywhere with the plugs mine uses I decided to take it in. I take my oil & filter & it costs me $20. They pull up a chair next to the engine bay & chit chat with me as they do the job.
Sponsored