Sponsored

Pick One:. Active Exhaust or Magneride

Which would you specif you could only get one?

• Total voters

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Both. But if I had to choose? Magnaride.

I have upgraded both too. Totally worth it.
Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
Chocolate or peanut butter? Why not get them together?

But if I had to choose, I would choose peanut butter because it's easier to add chocolate later.

OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Thank you all for the feedback. I would have guessed Magneride was the superior option, but again thanks to the advice, I'll be swinging for the fences... I'll order both!

Good excercise.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I voted wrong, but magneride. It's hard to replicate aftermarket, whereas you can always buy an aftermarket exhaust that will sound good. Don't get me wrong, AE is awesome, but it's not as hard to replace as magnaride.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The thing is, magnaride on a vert is interesting because you're really not going to road coarse or track it. It's a cruiser. So the magnaride isn't as neccesary as it would be on a hardtop.
My wife would beg to differ. She has some issues with her hip. On a highway cruise, she likes it in Normal for the ride comfort. However, if we're on something twisty, she likes it it set to Sport, keeping the car flatter and putting less pressure on her hip.

For the OP, yeah, it would be a "Both" for me, but modifying the exhaust later is far simpler and less expensive than trying to add MagneRide.

Last edited:

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hopefully at this point itā€™s not too much of a derail, but can anybody tell me exactly and concisely what advantage Magneride offers on a street-driven GT? For giggles letā€™s envision a 35 mile stretch of good but curvy mountain road between two small north Georgia towns, and throw in normal everyday traffic.

By the way, I should point out that AE can be enjoyed immensely on a 2 mile speed limit drive to the grocery store.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....I've already specced an expensive car: GT Prem, vert, 401, PP, silver wheels....
Then why are you going cheap with only getting one or the other?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have both and love them, but if I only could have one, Magneride for sure. It is awesome on the road. Good luck

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
For me, there is no pick one, both are required. But if I HAD to chose one, it would be magnetite. Can't add magnetite after the fact, but there is an aftermarket solution for active exhaust.

Doug

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I have both, I would keep the magneride.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Hopefully at this point itā€™s not too much of a derail, but can anybody tell me exactly and concisely what advantage Magneride offers on a street-driven GT? For giggles letā€™s envision a 35 mile stretch of good but curvy mountain road between two small north Georgia towns, and throw in normal everyday traffic.

By the way, I should point out that AE can be enjoyed immensely on a 2 mile speed limit drive to the grocery store.
From my post directly above yours:
[My wife] has some issues with her hip. On a highway cruise, she likes it in Normal for the ride comfort. However, if we're on something twisty, she likes it it set to Sport, keeping the car flatter and putting less pressure on her hip.​

And, as noted, mine has both.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I have both in my Bullitt, and I am really impressed with the Magneride. It produces such a smooth ride. I daily in track mode suspension, on the Frpp Magnaride upgrade kit (springs, sways, re calibration) and it's just a pleasure.

Gotta go MR!! Too hard to retrofit.

Both is the real answer though, lol!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Mag ride. It's pretty easy and relatively cheap to upgrade your exhaust to sound better than stock. It's harder and more expensive to upgrade your suspension to something better.

OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Yes it is! I thought that may be the case and would have chosen it over AE.

However thanks to all the enabling by this group, I have specced both. I figure I could change the exhaust, but it would cost me 3/4 of the OE AE plus there's quiet mode.

I just have to sell some stuff before it gets delivered to cover the additional outlay so the boss doesn't get too worried.
Sponsored