Sponsored

Active exhaust: yay or nay?

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible 2019 GT PP1 or PP2
I've been on the lookout a red or white 2019 GT Premium with A10, PP1, Magneride, and active exhaust. I've found two in FL that have nav and few other things. I saw this one in WA https://www.vancouverford.com/new/F...plink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com The price is great, if it's not just marketing, but no active exhaust. Would the lack of active exhaust be a deal breaker for you? I'd probably keep it stock if I had active exhaust.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jbryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible 2019 GT PP1 or PP2
Active exhaust is one of my favorite options. I can't imagine not having it. Take the resonator out and put in an H-pipe and it's perfect!
That's my thought too.....the two in FL with AE are $3-6k more....that's why I even considered this one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Active exhaust is one of my favorite options. I can't imagine not having it. Take the resonator out and put in an H-pipe and it's perfect!
+!. I put it in track mode and it is plenty loud for me. Quiet mode in the community and everyone's happy. A must buy!

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
AE was a dealbreaker for me, but only because i live in a condo.. and i dont want my neighbors to HATE me like they do the other neighbors with fart cannons..

so quiet start was pretty much necessary for me.

but, having said that.. now that i have the car, i can say its an option i constantly change/use.. just today i was on my way to work, early in the morn and there was a cop sitting there waiting for people to run the stop sign.. so instead of driving by in track mode at 7am.. it was an easy change to quiet.. do my 4 way stop, and back on my way without drawing too much attention.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I am hearing impaired, so it doesn't matter much to me personally. But, I live in a quiet neighborhood with lots of babies and toddlers. I try to be considerate, but I do need to be told when I am making too much noise, like snow blowing at 10:00 pm.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I did a "nay".
It would have been a waste of good money as I would leave it TRACK mode at all times anyways.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
If you think there are times to be quiet, and times to be loud, it is a must have.

ABPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP2
It was a must have for me and I can’t see me changing my mind about it IMO

Sponsored

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would hold out for active exhaust for sure, I luv it

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yes, I wouldn’t have the exhaust I have now if it wasn’t active.

if you can’t find factory active, I say it’s worth it to buy aftermarket active.. I’ll never go back. Took a trip to SoCal last month. Putting the car in quite was worth every penny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I like my neighbors and they like me, I think. So yay. Was not going to get it originally but found the one that I wanted with everything I wanted plus active exhaust. Now that I have it can't imagine not having it. I use it so much I can pretty much scroll through the menu without looking to make the exhaust changes. Only change I want to make exhaustwise is the X-Pipe upgrade.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'm glad mine has it since I deleted the resonators and replaced them with straight pipe.
Additionally, I have a side entry garage and I leave for work at 5:30 am... poor next door neighbors.
Even in "quiet" mode, a cold start is really loud for the first 20-30 seconds.
To be nice to my next door neighbor, I start the car with the garage door closed and wait till I get sleepy, then open the door since the valves have closed.
My neighbor and I get along well......... I want to keep it that way!
Sponsored