2019 Ford Mustang GT, A10, 401A, PP1, MagneRide, Active Exhaust & B&O

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Post lots of pics when you get it! Maybe do a story (with pics) on the ride home. I read lots of cycle magazines and I love reading those, especially with a review of the car.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Actually our tax rate is 6.25% but since I was trading in a 23K on my truck I was only taxed on the 23K remaining cost of the car, which was about $1450.
Ah right missed that. Just be careful of the incentives!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I found a couple cars at 52K and selling for 46K. Good deal? Could I get more off or have you?
22% off MSRP for the car (includes freight) or 15% off out the door is not at all unreasonable. For the somewhat unusual combination you may have to add back 2% or cast a wider net.

Austin is hardly a no-name backwater that doesn't move units. I would lower the bid another 3% easy.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
22% off MSRP for the car (includes freight) or 15% off out the door is not at all unreasonable. For the somewhat unusual combination you may have to add back 2% or cast a wider net.

Austin is hardly a no-name backwater that doesn't move units. I would lower the bid another 3% easy.
Unfortunately for my configuration there was 1 in the state of Texas and 2 on order from the factory but not arrived at dealers in Houston. The only other one I found was at Koons in Baltimore or Stivers in Alabama. I asked for OTD quotes and Stivers won. $46,250 plus tax title and license which will vary depending on where you live so when comparing i removed the TTL as it was the same for each dealer.

Feel like flying out to Maine? It had been on ebay which is why I knew about it and a nice chat with the sales guy. Oh wait, it's a stick. Sure you don't want a manual? And no, I don't think his ask is correct for a left-over '18. 41k OTD, sure.

http://www.yorksofhoulton.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Ford-Mustang-GT_Premium-Houlton-ME/3305975183
Yeah not paying that for a 2018 and a manual which I have nothing against manuals but I tried to compared apples to apples.

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Here is my new car!

gt.1.jpg

gt.3.jpg
Congrats on your new car and I know you will love it. Yours and mine are twins except you have magne-ride.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Nice car, I tried to search for the same and finally gave up....got the same w/o magride.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Nice car, I tried to search for the same and finally gave up....got the same w/o magride.
Yeah after exhausting my search in every major city in Texas, was get on Cargurus and picked the 2019 Mustang GT Premium and sort for highest price first. I looked at any MSRP over 53K to find my car. Found two, one in Baltimore and one in Alabama. Baltimore would have been a 24 hour drive vs. Alabama which was a 13 hour drive.

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Picked mine up yesterday, the same day it arrived at the dealer. Not an ordered car, but it sure felt that way!
230 miles south to Kentucky from Indianapolis. The skies cried all the way down, as though they were sad to see my 2016 GT go. Then they cleared as I left the dealer, so they were happy about the new car.

I did not get as killer of a deal as OP, but it was the closest dealer with the line-up and color(s) I wanted, and they had the best overall deal for discounted new car price and high book value for my trade. I had to eat my cost for stripes, clear film, WMG shifter, and floor mats. But I removed everything else that was bolted on.

I left all the plastic protection on for my wife to peel off, since she did not go with. I also surprised her with the car when she went out to the garage to leave for work. I told her I had been working on finding a new car for the past 4 weeks.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
My initial impressions of the car during the long drive back.
  1. Adaptive cruise is wonderful. Set it to 85 on the highway or in town if you want, it doesn't matter. It will slow you down to 47 if need be, and then downshift to 8 and speed up as soon as I change to a clear lane.
  2. Auto sense wipers came on without any presetting of controls. Nice.
  3. I tested the brake warning on purpose. Then learned later that you have to also change the setting to apply the brakes for you if you want.
  4. With S&S you don't have the side mirror inserts, which I could never quite train myself to use enough. Nice to have full side mirror again. Just a yellow light turns on when a car is in your blind spot.
  5. Magneride was great. Seems to smooth out the PP1 suspension spring stiffness just right. Wife will like it.
  6. Memory seats are a welcome feature. Wife will like that too. I will make a separate post about the improved driving position and rear view mirror.
  7. This 10spd transmission with 3.55 diff RULES. OMG I can't say enough superlatives about it. I always wanted just one more gear with my 6spd, and now I have 4! Just a little throttle and it clicks down from 10th to 8th and easily glides up in speed. Or hit 5 left-paddle clicks in a row going into a turn and it will go from 10th to 5th. Or just brake in Sport mode and it will downshift each gear in turn. #BecauseRaceCar.
I also inspected the car for the tick and 2k rpm rattle, and did not hear either. No hard 4-5 upshift, and no schizophrenic windows. No driveline vibration (which was slight in my 2016). Panel alignments perfect, no paint flaws. Basic mods start next week!

Last edited:
OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My initial impressions of the car during the long drive back.
  1. Adaptive cruise is wonderful. Set it to 85 on the highway or in town if you want, it doesn't matter. It will slow you down to 47 if need be, and then downshift to 8 and speed up as soon as I change to a clear lane.
  2. Auto sense wipers came on without any presetting of controls. Nice.
  3. I tested the brake warning on purpose. Then learned later that you have to also change the setting to apply the brakes for you if you want.
  4. With S&S you don't have the side mirror inserts, which I could never quite train myself to use enough. Nice to have full side mirror again. Just a yellow light turns on when a car is in your blind spot.
  5. Magneride was great. Seems to smooth out the PP1 suspension spring stiffness just right. Wife will like it.
  6. Memory seats are a welcome feature. Wife will like that too. I will make a separate post about the improved driving position and rear view mirror.
  7. This 10spd transmission with 3:55 diff RULES. OMG I can't say enough superlatives about it. I always wanted just one more gear with my 6spd, and now I have 4! Just a little throttle and it clicks down from 10th to 8th and easily glides up in speed. Or hit 5 left-paddle clicks in a row going into a turn and it will go from 10th to 5th. Or just brake in Sport mode and it will downshift each gear in turn. #BecauseRaceCar.
I also inspected the car for the tick and 2k rpm rattle, and did not hear either. No hard 4-5 upshift, and no schizophrenic windows. No driveline vibration (which was slight in my 20160. Panel alignments perfect, no paint flaws. Basic mods start next week!
Your car is gorgeous!
  1. I thought I didn't need it but found I really liked it. Also liked the lane keeping quite a bit!
  2. I didn't run into any rain but I missed that feature from my AMG and Volvo's. Great to have it back
  3. Mine came on when I braked hard around a corner with a guy in front of me. Plenty of distance but was pretty nice. I remember when this was developed first for Volvo
  4. Ahh BLIS, I remember when this came from out first from Volvo, liked it then, like it now!
  5. I just wish I could switch the magneride independently without the toggle button. Wish also that I could just change modes easier rather than cycling through every single one
  6. Wish passenger seat had lumbar and both seats had power backs
  7. Bought this car especially for the transmission
I drove mine 800+ miles home and wrapped the entire front end in Xpel Tracwrap to keep rocks at bay. Looked terrible driving home but it was 95 degrees when I put mine on and I hurried and didn't even try to get the airbubbles out. I just wanted the protection. Just waiting until June 17th to get my Clear Bra and Tint done. So far I've bought Ford rubber floor liners and trunk liner along with a license plate frame that's a no drill kind.

GT.5.jpg

Tracwrapped terribly

GT.6.jpg

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Here is my secret to finding new Mustangs.

1. Go to Build and Price and configure your build. Only add in the must-have options, and not the nice-to-have.
  2. Look for the Chat window in the lower right corner of the page.
  3. Start up a chat session with the Ford rep.
  4. Copy the link of your build and paste it into the chat window.
  5. Tell the rep that this is the minimum requirements for options. Then tell the rep the colors you are willing to consider. And provide your zip code.
The rep can then find cars centered on your zip code. Some cars may have extra options, but they all will have your minimum list. You will be provided dealer name, contact info, website, etc. Be sure to mention that you want the window sticker links too.

I actually populated a spreadsheet while the rep fed me the info. It was hard to keep up. My requirements generated about a dozen cars with 4 acceptable colors.

Tip: Use control-A, control-V to copy/paste the chat window into a Word doc as you proceed. This is because once the window is closed due to session end, you will lose all the info. And the emailed session log does not always come.

This method is accurate, quicker and more reliable than any other that I know of.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Any dealer can search nationwide with any combo of options you want....my guy did it for me in a 650 miles range....

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Any dealer can search nationwide with any combo of options you want....my guy did it for me in a 650 miles range....
True, but I did it from my laptop in a hotel room in the evening. The reps are super nice and helpful
Not only that, but I think it is best to find the cars and then contact those dealers, rather than use a single dealer to find the cars. There may be an implied expectation that you will agree to a dealer trade.
Sponsored