Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If all else fails, pull the plug. I mean battery cable.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
You might check these from the other thread to see if any don't match. Seems to have worked for that person. If any don't match, I would change them one at a time if it were me.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-sync-3-2018-gt-base-pp1.143991/#post-2953347

Also from that thread:

Is it enabled in the Sync settings?
Go to Settings, then Vehicle, and there should be an option called Enhanced Park Pilot. Turn that on.
Thanks, everything is on in the settings, and all of the codes matched even from the post you shared. Just the weirdest thing. I do appreciate all the help though! I played with it last night some and with forscan again this morning, I’m sure I will try again soon though, you know how it goes, we are never satisfied with our cars!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks, everything is on in the settings, and all of the codes matched even from the post you shared. Just the weirdest thing. I do appreciate all the help though! I played with it last night some and with forscan again this morning, I’m sure I will try again soon though, you know how it goes, we are never satisfied with our cars!
You might PM this guy @breeves002 he knows Sync, 4-8" and digital cluster upgrades inside and out.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There's a setting for that in the menus. Both in the dash (multifunctional display) and on the 8" screen:
p7uJHFU.png

If that doesn't work, try the thread link below. Someone else had the backup system and the previous owner installed the 8" screen. He couldn't get the graphics working. I dug up a bunch of Forscan codes for him and he was able to get it working with Forscan. Have you changed anything in Forscan or upgraded any related modules? If not then this may not be of much use.
See here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-sync-3-2018-gt-base-pp1.143991/post-2948293
What you are talking about or referencing in the manual highlighted, the camera delay - I'm pretty sure this is if the backup cam stays on your infotainment after you drive forward. Say you put it in reverse on manual, backup cam comes on, you put it in 1 and start driving forward. If delay is on, the camera view stays for few seconds. If is is off, as soon as you shift out of R it's gone.

So the little car with the sensor lines at the back (no front sensors) should appear next to the rear-view camera? Now that you guys mentioned it, I think my car only shows the rear-view camera, but need to check next time I use it. I know the sensors beep, but not sure if there's a picture showing that. I typically back up the old-fashioned way, which means looking thru the rear window :).
Yes, there is/was (I can't remember on mine now) picture of the car, when you got closer to something on the right, you'd see red bars on the right side of that little car graphic.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Used my car today, and yes, a little picture of the car on the top right hand corner is there... BUT WITHIN the rearview camera screen. That's why I didn't notice it. Ha ha. It's pretty subtle, but it's there, whether the sensors are beeping or not. When they beep, the aforementioned lines appear, so it's working perfectly on my car :).

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Used my car today, and yes, a little picture of the car on the top right hand corner is there... BUT WITHIN the rearview camera screen. That's why I didn't notice it. Ha ha. It's pretty subtle, but it's there, whether the sensors are beeping or not. When they beep, the aforementioned lines appear, so it's working perfectly on my car :).
Well now I can't wait even more to get my Bullitt back from the dealer (bad evap sensor at 16,000mi) and mainly get rid of this horrible econo-shitbox Escape

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Isn't the evap sensor the one in front of the engine, by the throttle-body? And it reportedly costs less than $20, and takes 2 bolts to remove, so no way I'd have taken my car to a dealer just for that, but hope you get it back with no scuffs, scratches, chips, stains, etc. By the way, did you check which code your car threw, or just took it in when you got the CEL? Thanks, and good luck.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Isn't the evap sensor the one in front of the engine, by the throttle-body? And it reportedly costs less than $20, and takes 2 bolts to remove, so no way I'd have taken my car to a dealer just for that, but hope you get it back with no scuffs, scratches, chips, stains, etc. By the way, did you check which code your car threw, or just took it in when you got the CEL? Thanks, and good luck.
It actually threw a P0496 when we were in NC for a quick trip. Cleared it there at Autozone (by the way with covid they let you use their CEL tool, they don't do it for you anymore). I cleared the code there, then for the whole trip back to OH, around 1,000 miles it was just fine, no CEL.
First day I start it up at home upon return, new CEL comes up. This time I used my own scan tool which I forgot at home for the trip - P0451. That is an EVAP pressure sensor.

Well I wasn't worried about scratches and chips until now!! :shock: :frown: I mean, I know people have bad experience with dealers sometimes, but at some point I gotta trust, right? It went there for the seat frame (squeaky, you might remember my other post), new cooling modules.
And if I get a CEL at 16,000, you bet that I'm not doing it myself no matter how cheap that is (short of topping of fluids or changing bulbs, which in the Bullitt is essentially none).

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Am I right in assuming that Sync 3.4 is only available to 2019+ cars?

When I check Ford's website it says:
Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.0.20204) is up to date.
I also recently found out about changing car themes but I don't have the "ford-GT" option. Did Ford remove this from us and if so, is there a way to get it back?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Am I right in assuming that Sync 3.4 is only available to 2019+ cars?

When I check Ford's website it says:

I also recently found out about changing car themes but I don't have the "ford-GT" option. Did Ford remove this from us and if so, is there a way to get it back?
Ford GT theme was removed unfortunately

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Correct. 2019 cars came with the updated APIM and v3.2 from the factory. This is the earliest that can be updated to v3.4
That is true if you want the update officially from Ford.

I have a 17 that came with version 2.2. I am currently on 3.4.20351 with NA 2 20 maps. This is from Cyanlabs.com.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well it may be my imagination but 3.4.20351 seems to be a little snappier responding to commands, but, there are no real visual differences.

The NA 2 20 maps fixed a lot of the speed limit errors that were introduced with NA 1 19 but has a few new errors. It does not address the renumbering of hiway exits. I live south east of Boston and there is little in the way of new roads so no comment there.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Version 3.4.21020 released 4/2/21. Did full Cyan upgrade from 3.4.20351 with 20 Maps to new 3.4.21020 version. Took about an hour to downgrade, reformat and then lay down 3.4.21020, APPS and new 20 Maps down.