2021 Mustang GT Premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
It was a supervisor at Ford customer service. I don't remember her name. But only the download or Wi-Fi is free for 3 years. You have to pay for the USB stick.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
From what I was told by Ford map updates to download are free for 3 years. USB sticks are $40.
I just followed the link in the post above and a nav update for my 17 is $149 on USB and $109 for download.

I will use Cyanlabs and get them for free.

FWIW, my 17 came with 15 maps, I updated to 18 maps and the only thing I noticed was that all the ponds in my area now had their names listed. When I updated to 19 maps there were many many more mistakes with the posted speed limit info and no other updates. The 20 maps fixed most of the speed limit mistakes and added one of the two roads that went in around 2018. Even Google didn't have those roads for about a year and a half.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I just followed the link in the post above and a nav update for my 17 is $149 on USB and $109 for download.

I will use Cyanlabs and get them for free.

FWIW, my 17 came with 15 maps, I updated to 18 maps and the only thing I noticed was that all the ponds in my area now had their names listed. When I updated to 19 maps there were many many more mistakes with the posted speed limit info and no other updates. The 20 maps fixed most of the speed limit mistakes and added one of the two roads that went in around 2018. Even Google didn't have those roads for about a year and a half.
But, you're outside the 3 years, right?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Bit, I'm out of warranty plus mine came with MFT which I updated to sync 3.4 system so I only use the Cyanlabs method for all my updates including maps.
I figured you did the Cyanlabs method, gotcha.

Sync 3 maps are from Ford. Supposedly the first one is free and you pay for the USB after that. I also went from 1.17 to 1.19 so we need to wait 7ntil they release 1.20 and see what happens.

https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home
Yeah, I only used one update 1.17 > 1.19, but the link already sends me to the USB for $40 method. However, I do have the original link where I can re-download the maps, I wonder if once they release 1.20 I could try to get them via the same link.
I do like using in-car navi mainly due to the nice in-dash navigation stuff, that Android Auto has very limited.

Just curious why is your Wi-Fi trashed?
Location of my router is almost as far away from the garage as you can get. However, even if I did get a repeater, I only get 17-18Mbps down since I moved out of town. I am now on DSL. Good enough to stream couple of screens at once, but downloading anything is a lost cause.

Starlink needs to get their stuff together so I can get the satellite of theirs. Don't necessary love Musk (not looking to start a circlejerk), but if I get 3x the speeds of my current ones, I'm in.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
@dgc333 has a 15’. Those cars had Sync2 with My Ford Touch. You paid for those maps from the get go.
I have a 17 I bought new with Sync 3 and there has always been a charge for maps.

I used to have a 15 with MyFordTouch the maps for this system were on an SD card that plugged into the slot in the console. Ford charged for these map updates too but you could always get them on eBay for around $30.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a 17 I bought new with Sync 3 and there has always been a charge for maps.

I used to have a 15 with MyFordTouch the maps for this system were on an SD card that plugged into the slot in the console. Ford charged for these map updates too but you could always get them on eBay for around $30.
Freebies started in MY19. Fortunately you have Cyanlabs for free maps.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Tried the new version out this weekend. Seems to have some nice features on the user side.

Navigation and routing flow better, in other words. Miss a turn, not constantly suggesting the miss.

Proceeding to the next available root. I find some turns look like they end in a parking lot, visually. So it gets ignored, now it could wiggle around and end where I want to go.

I use the cell for navigation most times. Has some heads up features I like. Don't constantly need to watch the dash.

All in all it's a good update