Nobody likes Mach 1's

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
By now I should know better than to post something when I’m a few bourbons deep 😖😂
Bourbon happens to the best of us Brother!
Sponsored

Last edited:

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
In SE Michigan, the only other Mach 1s I have seen are at dealerships. I have received nothing but compliments from other Mustang owners. My car was very popular at a SEMOA event last August. The love is there for the Mach 1.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
By now I should know better than to post something when I’m a few bourbons deep 😖😂
Just had my first sipper- old forester 1910
Very nice
Cheers

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
I was out in Pittsburg over the weekend. Actually saw 2 late model gt500 Saturday. Orange on 376 heading west and a dark red that was over in Robinson Township.

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
I didn’t build/buy any of my vehicles for anyone but me so I could really care less what someone thinks

certainly dont need to go stand around in a hot parking lot with a bunch of self entitled douchebags talking about how cool they are

Last edited:

Sponsored

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
I love the interior of the California special. I almost picked up a used one awhile back. That being said, the Mach is great IMO, it’s the culmination of all the years of the s550 (magnaride, tremec, digital dash, Shelby suspension components, spoiler, coolers, etc)

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
And the Porsche guys look down on the GT350/GT500 guys.... the Ferrari guys look down on the Porsche guys, the Bugatti person looks down on Ferrari crew.... and on and on....

Anyone looking down on anyone else is kind of douchey anyway. If I was there, I would've definitely asked you all about your mods. Hopefully the next car show is more inspiring for you.
And everyone looks down on the Vette guys 😂

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I was out in Pittsburg over the weekend. Actually saw 2 late model gt500 Saturday. Orange on 376 heading west and a dark red that was over in Robinson Township.
Hope you enjoyed yourself!

There are tons of GT500's at shows around here, sometime 4-5 at a time... colors all over the place. Many more 500's than 350's.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I remember when @Mikepol2 and some of us waited for months for our cars wondering if we would ever see them.
Back to the subject at hand, well I m not sure what that is anymore. But I can say I have had nothing but compliments down in TN on my M1.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
It actually makes tons of difference on the track so much so that an M1 HP car was faster than a GT350R in the Cars And Driver Lighting Lap. But if you are only driving your car to C&C events it sure doesn't make a tons of difference.

Considering how the Mach 1 was priced compared to PP1 packaged car the Mach 1 clearly was the better deal if you can get both cars at MSRP.

Here in Europe we only get non-hp Mach 1's when the first cars arrived I was invited to the European premier in my local dealer and was tons of fun was also the same time the Mach-E got premiered as well as the Puma ST and the Explorer. Was amazing event.

However when the Service Manager drove the Mach 1 he commented that he don't see what the big difference is compared to my modified PP1 and said I can't see the reason for you to upgrade as I think your car actually is faster (I highly doubt it though). I drove both cars my PP1 and Mach 1 on test event and surely you can feel the difference but it's not as noticeable on the street.

Ether way I think the Mach 1 even in non-hp form is probably the best street driving Mustang out of the S550s generation. And if you keep it stock could be the best dual purpose car out of the factory. At least until the Dark Horse hit the market which is the same car but with better brakes.

I think what Ford did with the Mach 1 / Dark Horse and S550/S650 is very annoying to the owners and if I were a Mach 1 owner especially a 2023 Mach 1 owner I would have been really pissed at Ford.
What did Ford do to piss off Mach 1 owners? For anyone who does not own a Mach 1, I could see being pissed off at Ford for taking away a car as nice as the Mach 1 and replacing it with something that does not look near as good, inside or out.

If they were exactly the same price, I would take a 2023 Mach 1 over a 2024 Dark House any day. I would pay significantly more for the Mach 1 because it looks so much better.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What did Ford do to piss off Mach 1 owners? For anyone who does not own a Mach 1, I could see being pissed off at Ford for taking away a car as nice as the Mach 1 and replacing it with something that does not look near as good, inside or out.

If they were exactly the same price, I would take a 2023 Mach 1 over a 2024 Dark House any day. I would pay significantly more for the Mach 1 because it looks so much better.
I cannot put my finger on exactly what it is, but it really does doesn’t it?

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Hmmm, how about a parts bin wife: Bella Hadid's face, Sophia Vergara's rack, J Lo's ass, Margo Robbie's legs. Wouldn't that be just AWFUL!?!?!?!

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Hmmm, how about a parts bin wife: Bella Hadid's face, Sophia Vergara's rack, J Lo's ass, Margo Robbie's legs. Wouldn't that be just AWFUL!?!?!?!
Now you did it!!!! Don’t you know that men go to war over a woman? With over 4 billion women in the world, this mix and match will get heated quick..lol… Let the war begin….lol…

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Please go away......far, far away. :facepalm:
I will, when my Z06 spot gets called in
Good post Al but you've forgotten one thing.......history. Mustangs are much more than just the parts they are built from. They are flesh and blood, heart and soul. A Mach 1 is no different than a Boss, Bullitt, or a California Special. Each of these "parts bin" cars are special because of their history.

And for anyone who doesn't get this, go buy a nice Honda. They are great modes of transportation.
I fully understand the history part of it. But to a lot of people, history doesn't matter that much comparing to how exclusivity some car is. And that's part of reasons why not many people interested at OP's Mach1 at car meets.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You have to forgive him. He's from Dale City, VA and obviously used to the finer things...

"Dale City is near Potomac Mills Mall, the second largest shopping mall in Northern Virginia, AND the largest outlet mall in the United States."
What a stupid thing to say. Thank God for the ignore button, I haven't had a good reason to use it for a long time. If you're going to insult someone's home, at least learn how to spell so people might actually think you know what you're talking about. Freakin douchebag.
calm down, it was intended to be a little joke. You’re the one complaining about how no one drools over your Mach 1 at local meet ups. All my relatives in PA always give me shit about driving a Mustang because the are all Chevy guys. Hope you feel better by calling me names but if you check my history on this forum it’s been nothing but cordial and courteous interactions. Don’t let the name fool you but Dale City VA is a suburban area of Washington DC and the car culture is booming with people that love and respect Mach 1 Mustangs.
Sponsored

Last edited: