Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Good post Al but you've forgotten one thing.......history. Mustangs are much more than just the parts they are built from. They are flesh and blood, heart and soul. A Mach 1 is no different than a Boss, Bullitt, or a California Special. Each of these "parts bin" cars are special because of their history.

And for anyone who doesn't get this, go buy a nice Honda. They are great modes of transportation.
Bikeman is on the money here. The special Mustangs he calls out are all steeped in many years of heritage and history that go back farther than many or maybe even most of these flippant know-it-all-posters have been alive. Who cares how and when the models started? Good grief, the now-revered Cali Special started off pretty much as a few stickers that a group of dealers put together and had the factory slap on to make their cars seem exclusive and gin up sales!

If I had regurgitated that tired old overused and unoriginal “parts bin” crap I’d hang my head and ask forgiveness. Might as well insult a guy’s wife for God’s sake!

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Key take away from this, Western PA is a sad place to live so of coarse people are sad about seeing a Mach 1

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Key take away from this, Western PA is a sad place to live so of coarse people are sad about seeing a Mach 1
What a stupid thing to say. Thank God for the ignore button, I haven't had a good reason to use it for a long time. If you're going to insult someone's home, at least learn how to spell so people might actually think you know what you're talking about. Freakin douchebag.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Yea I've seen one in the Dayton area and when I was at Pristine Spa in Indy Friday to get a PPF replaced and ceramic checked, he said there was another dude with a Bullitt from Dayton and he's since sold it for nearly a profit (during the used car price boom). For me I think total of 2 - 3 sighted in over 3 years.

I'm too busy driving this thing man, just hit 50k miles too. This ain't going to be a "family heirloom" barely driven, I'm enjoying every mile.

There's only one car show I'm kind of considering going, I guess a car museum is putting on a Bullitt generations even, I'll try to show. Other than that, I'll rather hit the links or play baseball and enjoy the drive there, rather than sit at a car show. But again, each their own.
In a STRANGE twist of the carverse there are 4 S550 Bullitts on Fort Knox, and 3 are black!

I work with one of the guys, he has a built up trans, twin turbos and a ton of interior carbon fiber.

One looks to be 100% stock, and mine has a bunch of suspension work and the Ford Performance color matched side window louvers.

Before this, I only saw one other in 3 years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
In a STRANGE twist of the carverse there are 4 S550 Bullitts on Fort Knox, and 3 are black!

I work with one of the guys, he has a built up trans, twin turbos and a ton of interior carbon fiber.

One looks to be 100% stock, and mine has a bunch of suspension work and the Ford Performance color matched side window louvers.

Before this, I only saw one other in 3 years.
I know the DHG color is the star of the show with Bullitts, but I would drive a black one in a heartbeat. They are just stunning.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
@Mikepol2 , I have to give you credit, the forum has been pretty slow here lately. So thank you for waking some people up with this thread. Please start another one asking "which oil do I need to put in my non-HP Mach 1". Just busting chops, lightening up the mood a bit Bro!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
We are the classic example of the forgotten middle child.

After 18 months of ownership, a trend has emerged, at least in Western PA.

GT350 and 500 guys tend to look down on us because, well, we're not them.

GT and EB guys snub us because they think we are rich kids who can afford a nice car.
And the Porsche guys look down on the GT350/GT500 guys.... the Ferrari guys look down on the Porsche guys, the Bugatti person looks down on Ferrari crew.... and on and on....

Anyone looking down on anyone else is kind of douchey anyway. If I was there, I would've definitely asked you all about your mods. Hopefully the next car show is more inspiring for you.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Bikeman is on the money here. The special Mustangs he calls out are all steeped in many years of heritage and history that go back farther than many or maybe even most of these flippant know-it-all-posters have been alive. Who cares how and when the models started? Good grief, the now-revered Cali Special started off pretty much as a few stickers that a group of dealers put together and had the factory slap on to make their cars seem exclusive and gin up sales!

If I had regurgitated that tired old overused and unoriginal “parts bin” crap I’d hang my head and ask forgiveness. Might as well insult a guy’s wife for God’s sake!
I would never use the term "parts bin" car for a M1. There are too many features that are unique to the M1 for that term. I feel "option pack" car is more appropriate. It is a good car, it is just one that can be ordered up stock. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is nothing especially unique about it either.

Same goes for my California Special GT. I didn’t seek out the CS package, it was how the car that came closest to my desired specs came equipped (low mileage, convertible, manual, GT Premium were my must haves). It’s a nice homage to the original California Specials, but nothing that I consider to be unique or worthy of extra attention.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
What a stupid thing to say. Thank God for the ignore button, I haven't had a good reason to use it for a long time. If you're going to insult someone's home, at least learn how to spell so people might actually think you know what you're talking about. Freakin douchebag.
Exactly. The ignore button is getting used a lot on this thread.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Several folks have mentioned that they mostly want to see modded cars. My car isn’t purple chrome or anything but has several visual mods that people who know what factory Machs look like might be able to pick out. These are the kinds of things I go to shows to see on other cars, it’s interesting to see what kinds of creative things other people come up with. It’s like going to an art show. Others mods to my car like the flex tune and custom H pipe aren’t as noticeable…

IMG_5781.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

IMG_5196.jpeg
Looking good! Who did the embroidery on the headrest?

I kid, I kid. Haha

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
To me, what made classic muscle cars special, was the fact everything was ordered a la cart. Nowadays, your pigeon holed into packages or limited edition models. That said, I would have checked the box for the 5.2 FPC in my GT. 😂

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
You have to forgive him. He's from Dale City, VA and obviously used to the finer things...

"Dale City is near Potomac Mills Mall, the second largest shopping mall in Northern Virginia, AND the largest outlet mall in the United States."

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
@Mikepol2 , I have to give you credit, the forum has been pretty slow here lately. So thank you for waking some people up with this thread. Please start another one asking "which oil do I need to put in my non-HP Mach 1". Just busting chops, lightening up the mood a bit Bro!
By now I should know better than to post something when I’m a few bourbons deep 😖😂
Sponsored