Sponsored

New Trailer Purchase - Wish List

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I received a lot of great input on towing and trailer size and security on my last post thread. Thank You! I’m thinking a 24’ will work best for my needs and will fit snugly in the back corner of the driveway. Would love to get input on make, model, design options. From what I’ve seen so far, Intech looks nice, although the website doesn’t really cover the difference in the Lite vs TAG. Other models to consider? Budget isn’t really an issue, just want quality for a reasonable price. Thinking maybe $30-35kish for new. Considering: , 24’, maybe tan or charcoal exterior color (not white, not black for security and theft prevention), 7’ height, airline track on floor, maybe on walls too, wench, extended metal ramp, cabinet? Uppers - yes, lowers - not sure, What to use for tire storage and tie down?, fuel containers?, how to secure bins to wall if not doing lower cabinets?, air conditioning (nice, but is it practical, can it be used w/o a generator at many tracks?), don’t think we will sleep in the trailer, wife needs her creature comforts, lighting options, what else???
Please share your wish list, advice, and comments.
Thank you!
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Featherlite no Idea on pricing, Have not bought one in 5 years.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
I like our ATC 24 foot. I’ve posted pictures in your other thread. Here is their website. Click around a bit and see if they have what you envision your trailer to be. Also up here in Wisconsin, we have BrIan Carlson at Camperland RV in Madison where I bought our ATC. He is a wealth of knowledge plus he is a car/track enthusiast that helped us immensely.

https://atctrailers.com/products/quest-limited-car-hauler/

https://www.camperland-rv.com/

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The lightest exterior color you can accept. Insulated walls and ceiling, lots of lights, a solar power system, and yes. AC works in those trailers.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've been looking for a while now. If you can be patient, 75% of the trailer you are looking for could be had for ~$25k. All the others stuff like lights, cabinets, track, ramp, etc...are all things that are relatively easy to add afterwards. Even the winch.

Now say you wanted a bathroom, well that's a bit more involved. Good luck, I am looking forward to everyone else input because there is always good info on these types of threads.

Sponsored

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
We have a 2006 Pace Shadow GT Daytona. We bought it in 2019 which is when things sold for what they were really worth.

When we were shopping we had several must haves
  • 5200 Axles
  • 24ft
  • Brakes on both axles
  • Electric tongue jack
  • 7ft Ceilings
  • 110v Hookup and internal wiring
  • Tie downs that are attached to the frame of the trailer
  • Cabinetry
Things that came with the trailer that we didn't know we needed:
  • Torsion suspension. Yep they ride better
  • Aluminum wheels - they look better
  • 8ft Ceilings. I think it makes the trailer cooler inside because the roof is farther from our heads. Also my driver's suit doesn't drag the ground when I hang it up. Yes it is taller and probably takes more fuel to pull but it is worth in when you are spending 8-12hrs in and around the trailer during a race day.
  • A Generator Bay. I haven't put my generator on a slide in there yet but it is a really handy place to put stuff. Like a pancake compressor, air hoses and the equalizer bars when we are parked
  • Electric tongue jack relocated further back on the tongue. It allows us to lower our trucks tail gate while hitched up
Things we got that are not really worth it
  • Carpeted walls. Our trailer's walls are carpeted half way up. Makes it really hard to screw stuff to the lower parts of the wall
  • External Halogen lamps. We have used them once and only after installing LED bulbs. They look cool, but I would not pay extra for them
1669089887817.png

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Now all you need to add is a set full size mustang outline graphics to show them what's inside .

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think the real answer is some sort of Septic Pumping Service graphics and or maybe some Bio-Hazard placards.

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Since it looks like you are in GA. I would suggest a RV awning. A long day or weekend siting in a paddock area the awning makes a lot of difference. I know a ez up tent will do the same thing but you said budget was not a concern, and a power awning sure is the easy button. AC will also give you a place to get out of the heat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a 2006 Pace Shadow GT Daytona. We bought it in 2019 which is when things sold for what they were really worth.

When we were shopping we had several must haves
  • 5200 Axles
  • 24ft
  • Brakes on both axles
  • Electric tongue jack
  • 7ft Ceilings
  • 110v Hookup and internal wiring
  • Tie downs that are attached to the frame of the trailer
  • Cabinetry
Things that came with the trailer that we didn't know we needed:
  • Torsion suspension. Yep they ride better
  • Aluminum wheels - they look better
  • 8ft Ceilings. I think it makes the trailer cooler inside because the roof is farther from our heads. Also my driver's suit doesn't drag the ground when I hang it up. Yes it is taller and probably takes more fuel to pull but it is worth in when you are spending 8-12hrs in and around the trailer during a race day.
  • A Generator Bay. I haven't put my generator on a slide in there yet but it is a really handy place to put stuff. Like a pancake compressor, air hoses and the equalizer bars when we are parked
  • Electric tongue jack relocated further back on the tongue. It allows us to lower our trucks tail gate while hitched up
Things we got that are not really worth it
  • Carpeted walls. Our trailer's walls are carpeted half way up. Makes it really hard to screw stuff to the lower parts of the wall
  • External Halogen lamps. We have used them once and only after installing LED bulbs. They look cool, but I would not pay extra for them
1669089887817.png
What truck is doing the pulling?

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What truck is doing the pulling?
2014 F150 super crew with a 6.2L V8. We originally purchased the trailer to tow our RX7 road race car. Which the F150 handled just fine in 2021 making trips out to Colorado, St Louis, Topeka and Indy with no issues. With the Mustang loaded up the truck was still fine but I really noticed the extra 1500lbs (RX7 weighs 2200lbs and the Mustang weighs 3700ibs). I think I can optimize the trailer for the Mustang by removing allot of the tools and spares I take club racing.

This truck, like all modern ones, has a built in trailer brake and stability controls that make towing a non event. We use an equalizer hitch, Timbren Suspension bump stops and pay close attention to how the trailer is loaded. Also, I keep towing speeds between 65-70MPH because this keeps the trailer tires and bearings cooler. It will easily tow at 75plus but I am focused on getting to the track and back home without getting flat tires.

Would a A 3/4 ton or 1 ton be better, sure. But we took into account how we use this truck most often and towing is not its sole purpose. 3/4 ton truck don't provide the utility that we need for the extra money. Also, I have owned Ford super duty trucks and vans in the past and I really don't want to send time changing out ball joints and tie rod ends. Finally, the 6.2 in the F150 in those years is the same engine that came in the Raptor so it has more power that the Super Duty version.

JeffPeoples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I like my 2016 Quest CH305 24' ATC. Agree w/ list in previous posts. White exterior to keep cool at track. Escape door w/ removable fender well. Spread axles. 7' high is fine for me. Definitely add insulation. Upper and lower cabinets a must. I added AC w/ heat strips later to keep the wife happy (I mounted a generator on the extended tongue at the same time (a generator compartment on a 24' cuts down on interior space dramatically). That may be too much tongue weight for a 1/2 ton truck. I pull with a 3/4 ton RAM. My 2015 Ecoboost SCREW short box F150 w/ max trailer tow package had the power, but not the stability, to tow it safely. I had to upgrade to a 3/4 ton. I also suggest fully wired for 110v and lights. 5200 pound axles. Electric tongue jack moved back for tailgate clearance. Aluminum wheels for no rust. I mount my spare on the side of the tongue w/ a boat trailer spare mount. It was on the front wall, but I needed the space for the generator. Don't get a spare tire well in the floor. You will have to unload the car on the side of the road to get to the spare. Winch is mounted under the bottom cabinet to keep it out of the way. I have white aluminum interior sides/roof. Agree that carpet is no good. Rubber coin floor is fine, but I have to be careful with it. Had to take off the ramp flip out, and add 6' ramp extensions (and taller door bumpers) to get a Shelby inside. I added E-trac on floor recently.
Jimglo and Intech were my other options.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like my 2016 Quest CH305 24' ATC. Agree w/ list in previous posts. White exterior to keep cool at track. Escape door w/ removable fender well. Spread axles. 7' high is fine for me. Definitely add insulation. Upper and lower cabinets a must. I added AC w/ heat strips later to keep the wife happy (I mounted a generator on the extended tongue at the same time (a generator compartment on a 24' cuts down on interior space dramatically). That may be too much tongue weight for a 1/2 ton truck. I pull with a 3/4 ton RAM. My 2015 Ecoboost SCREW short box F150 w/ max trailer tow package had the power, but not the stability, to tow it safely. I had to upgrade to a 3/4 ton. I also suggest fully wired for 110v and lights. 5200 pound axles. Electric tongue jack moved back for tailgate clearance. Aluminum wheels for no rust. I mount my spare on the side of the tongue w/ a boat trailer spare mount. It was on the front wall, but I needed the space for the generator. Don't get a spare tire well in the floor. You will have to unload the car on the side of the road to get to the spare. Winch is mounted under the bottom cabinet to keep it out of the way. I have white aluminum interior sides/roof. Agree that carpet is no good. Rubber coin floor is fine, but I have to be careful with it. Had to take off the ramp flip out, and add 6' ramp extensions (and taller door bumpers) to get a Shelby inside. I added E-trac on floor recently.
Jimglo and Intech were my other options.
Very helpful. I’m debating now over lower cabinets or not. Lowers look nice but wouldn’t the flexibility of being able to stack bins or other large items be a plus for the open space? Do you take a 2nd set of tires / wheels to the track? If so, where do you store those? What about fuel cans?
Thank You very much for the reply And great info!

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very helpful. I’m debating now over lower cabinets or not. Lowers look nice but wouldn’t the flexibility of being able to stack bins or other large items be a plus for the open space? Do you take a 2nd set of tires / wheels to the track? If so, where do you store those? What about fuel cans?
Thank You very much for the reply And great info!
In my 28’ I have plenty of room for the spare set of wheels but I put those in the bed of my truck most of the time. They fit below the bed cover so theft is not as big of a chance since they stay out of sight. When they are in the trailer it seams they are in the way so I have to unload them at the track then load them back in and I don’t hardly ever even use them. In the truck I just have to touch them the one time if even that, since I leave them in there all the time unless I need the truck for something else. As for gas that depends on if I plan to sleep in the trailer. If I am just going for the day I travel with the spare gas in the trailer. If I am sleeping in the trailer I will usually travel with the fuel in the bed if the truck.
Sponsored