OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Don’t even have a 2nd thought about this OP. I was kidding myself when I said ill be fine with a V6 because I don’t need a v8, at the time I was fine with it because a V6 Mustang would still be the fastest car I ever had.

Fast forward a few months later and I was trying to trade it in for a GT, failed and I think I may be stuck with my car for a long time.

If you get the EB and a GT pulls up next to you, you’re going to feel humiliation. If get the EB and someone asks you what engine it is, you’re going to feel humiliation. When you go on forums or on youtube comments, you’re going to feel humiliation.

It seems like you have the money for a GT, get it… I’m trying to save you from humiliation.
A good deal is a good deal no matter what if i can get a EB PP for a killer price over a GT than i would ive seen some members get GT PP for 30-32 OTD cloth seats but i could care less about the fancier things i would still be happy with but if i get a EB PP P OTD for 24-27 it would be hard not to say no. I was offered an EB PP Premimum already for 27+tax recently and that was without any negotiation. I think i would've jumped on it to if it was manual :(
Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Get a base GT for $27k and use the PP $ difference for mods since you'll be swapping the suspension out anyway. Add the FRPP Track Handling Pack for another $1100 and some nice wheels with good tires for another $2k. Keep the stock wheels/tires for winter driving. Reg brakes are perfectly fine but if you get the itch for another $1k you can get the Brembos. I have 2 EBMs where I work and regularly catch them parking near my GT and staring at it.

17-19 MPG commuting around DC and 24 MPG on road trips (80mph in 6th = 2k rpm with 3:31s)

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Man not to come off like a d^k but you yourself drove both the EB PP & GT PP what could a guy like me tell you what you haven't already experienced? Of course my rec is to go with the GT PP but I would never ask gear-heads what type of vehicle I should purchase - why because you will be even more undecided after you weigh all of our recommendations.

Guys say don't get the GT PP if you plan on going to the strip - I disagree, I'm a below avg driver on the strip but have walked down cars that beat me out the hole because of the sheer power (tuned) of the GT PP. And I enjoy carving curves and the only mod so far to the suspension is Steeda Progressives...

If you like tinkering with a larger turbo - go for it! I came from a 135i (twin-turbo, straight-six) BMW - street racing I took down a couple of V-6 Stangs & Camaros, car was a giant killa to the unsuspecting eye but I always wanted to get back to a V-8.

Go with what excites YOU...good luck with whatever you pick.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Get what you like. +- for both.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
sounds like you got some underlying insecurities ive owned two v6 mustangs and now my gt i cant say i ever felt humiliated be happy with your v6 :cheers:
Yea I actually like my V6. If I win the lotto definitely getting a base-GT.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I could have gotten a base GT for the price of my EB if I wanted to drive over 100 miles to get it, but I've done the 5.0 Coyote thing before and I was never really impressed with the feel of the engine to be honest despite how amazing it is technically and how much power it can make. I prefer the feel of a big pushrod V8 if that is what I'm going for.

Nobody near me has an S550 anyways, I've seen maybe 3 of them in two years. I enjoy the EB and do a long daily commute so its pretty nice. I just love the look of the new car and the power is good enough for me to enjoy it.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Guys say don't get the GT PP if you plan on going to the strip - I disagree, I'm a below avg driver on the strip but have walked down cars that beat me out the hole because of the sheer power (tuned) of the GT PP.
You didn't walk them down because your car is a performance pack car, you walked them down because your car was making enough power to walk them down. Had your car been an auto, especially with 3.15's, it would likely have walked them down even worse. This isn't my opinion, it seems to be established fact that 3.15 geared auto cars are quicker in the 1/4 mile than most manuals. I'd venture to say that you would have gotten beaten out of the hole less or not at all in an auto 3.15 car. I'm not tooting the horn of the auto cars, just pointing out that your car being a performance package car didn't cause you to beat those cars, and in fact probably held you back from beating them worse.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I could have gotten a base GT for the price of my EB if I wanted to drive over 100 miles to get it, but I've done the 5.0 Coyote thing before and I was never really impressed with the feel of the engine to be honest despite how amazing it is technically and how much power it can make. I prefer the feel of a big pushrod V8 if that is what I'm going for.

Nobody near me has an S550 anyways, I've seen maybe 3 of them in two years. I enjoy the EB and do a long daily commute so its pretty nice. I just love the look of the new car and the power is good enough for me to enjoy it.
beat that .. whne i had bought s550.. mine was 3 in new England and 1 in RI

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
sounds like you got some underlying insecurities ive owned two v6 mustangs and now my gt i cant say i ever felt humiliated be happy with your v6 :cheers:
No, its just these damn youtube comments and people talkin crap on forums make me :frusty:.

People always be like "could've had a v8"...im like "no dude, I didnt get approved for v8".

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I've owned both, 15 EcoBoost Premium PP that was bought back by Ford and replaced with a 16 GT Premium PP. The Eco handled better because of the weight and the factory dampers on the GTPP suck. The Eco has all of it's power down low but once you hit 4500 rpms it drops straight off a cliff. It was a blast to drive but the turbo lag is no fun. Why waste money modding an Eco trying to make GT power when you can just buy a GT. Not to mention the risk of voiding your powertrain warranty if and when your Eco goes boom from pushing it to it's limits and paying out of pocket for a new engine, not worth the risk, in my opinion. I hated the sound of the turbo and wouldn't drive with the windows down.

The GT is a beast and the sound of a NA V8 is sweet! The power is incredible, she just pulls and pulls more power much higher before dropping off. The suspension definately needs improving but that's easy to fix and lots to choose from. I am much happier with my GT and I don't regret jumping ship one bit.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
No, its just these damn youtube comments and people talkin crap on forums make me :frusty:.

People always be like "could've had a v8"...im like "no dude, I didnt get approved for v8".
Let's put it in this perspective. If someone tells you that you could've/should've gotten a V8, why not ask what they drive, if they've even a car to begin with. If they say they drive a crapton of supercars or something unrealistic by YouTube commentating standards, you know they're not only bigoted fools, but they're also liars! :lol:

Also, remember that they are just that! People on the internet.

I'm ordering my '17 EB PP next Thursday without any shame or regret about not getting a V8. Why? Because:

1. Can't afford it.
2. I'm not about to go out and buy a car just to please some blokes on the interwebs and whatnot that may or may not even have cars themselves. :lol:
3. It's the car I've wanted since 2014.
4. I'm not about to go out and buy more car than I can afford just to make a statement about how "manly" or "how I bought the 'proper' Mustang" or simply put: I'm not insecure about what car I drive unless it's a Prius.:cheers:

If I've said it once, I'll say it again.:

1. Mustang is NOT a muscle car. It is a PONY CAR
2. The V8 doesn't define the whole Mustang experience. It's certainly awesome and badass, but it's not the "end all be all" That's why there has, and always will be a plethora of engine options to chose from to make everyone's Mustang Dream a reality. And if the V8 defines the Mustang experience for you, GOOD FOR YOU. But that doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone else, nor should it be. And no one should shove that rubbish down anyone's windpipe or give anyone crap for not buying what your biased or uneducated mind thinks a "true Mustang" is. Having a V8 doesn't instantly make you a real Mustang owner or Mustang know-it-all or guru or whatever. Because there's more than one way to be a Mustang owner!
3. You don't buy a car for anyone other than YOURSELF (unless you're wife or significant other says otherwise). You buy it for YOU and YOU alone. Buy what makes YOU happy. Not what'll please, impress or make yourself appear more secure to anyone.

Lastly, some quotes from Lee Iacocca on the Mustang when it was unveiled back in 1964:
We don't claim the Mustang...can be all things to all people. But we do believe it will be more things to more people than any other automobile on the road.
"The secret lies in its remarkable versatility. For a modest price it can be an economical compact car with traditional Ford quality and all the flair of a high-priced, highly styled European road car."
"First, it is a basic economy car, and with its back seat is particularly suited for the young married couple with two children. It is also a leading candidate for a second or third car for larger families.

"Second, the Mustang is a luxury car. The wide range of options permits a customer to start at a low price for the standard package, and then add such items as automatic transmission, power brakes and steering, a full-length console between the front bucket seats, a vinyl roof on the hardtop, air conditioning, and so forth.

"Finally, it is a sports car suitable for street use or competition."
And that's the original beauty and charm of Mustang, doing your own thing!! MAKE IT YOU!!:ford::headbang:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Any engine offered in the Mustang is a good choice. We should be so lucky to have a vehicle in 2016 with 3 engine choices. All are modifiable for more power. It all really comes down to how much YOU want to do and spend, outside of what Ford has done for you from the factory.

You can start with a blank canvas, like a base V6 and save around 7-9k. Then apply all that saved money to a Procharger, exhaust, suspension, driveshaft, tires....etc. Most of which will void some warranties, but will make a base GT killer and modded ecoboost destroyer. This takes work and isn't for the weak hearted.

You can buy some extra power, by getting the EB and save 3-4k. Running on premium gas will get you a slight edge over the V6. Getting a tune increases power quite and bit, but can void the powertrain warranty. Then of course you can tear into the engine more to allow for more boost, then get a bigger turbo. Of the 3 engines available, the ceiling for power is lower then the V6 or V8.

Or you can buy a GT and get all the power straight up. No mods are necessary and your warranty is kept intact this way. This is the platform that the V6 and EB owners compare their cars power to. This is the "standard", so to speak. For raw power, there are no other choices.

Do what you feel is best for your needs. You can't go wrong! It's a Mustang and the aftermarket part sector is huge. I've owned a 2000 GT and just sold my 68 302 notchback, but chose to get a V6 myself. I didn't find I needed a GT and am having plenty of fun doing my upgrades. I like my blank canvas :-)

OP
OP
proj_vulpix

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I appreciate all the input. I don't like to do things the same, i've always modded my cars from the day i got it and I know I will do the same with my new toy. I'm just curious what's more bang for your buck, efficiency, and at the end of the day just a bad ass car to cruise around in. I think they're all great cars i use to have dreams to turbo a v6 or swap one of the f150 ecoboost engines into it. I like modding and like others have said the mustang has a plethora of aftermarket parts at my disposal!!
Sponsored